Mega Thread Oh yeah ... did you know there are 17 other teams? - General AFL discussion #9 - Blues posters only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't

Robbo was having a crack at him the other night for deflecting all the blame on the players, saying it's because 'they' can't play, 'they' can't kick, 'they' can't stay focused.

Probably spot on. If in three years time the Dees are still s**t, nobody's going to question the great Paul Roos. It'll be Melbourne's fault for their mismanagement that even the great Roosy couldn't save them. And he'll walk away, briefcase loaded with cash, clutching these drawings.

images

monorail.jpg

I'd give up our 2nd rounder for Toumpas plus throw in Brock McLean back at them as a sweetner :)

Mark Neeld would have gone for that in a heartbeat, don't think Roos is that silly though :(

Robbo was having a crack at him the other night for deflecting all the blame on the players, saying it's because 'they' can't play, 'they' can't kick, 'they' can't stay focused.

Probably spot on. If in three years time the Dees are still s**t, nobody's going to question the great Paul Roos. It'll be Melbourne's fault for their mismanagement that even the great Roosy couldn't save them. And he'll walk away, briefcase loaded with cash, clutching these drawings.

images

monorail.jpg
My thoughts exactly but you made a good post great with that reference...

Kudos :thumbsu:

Their best players this year have probably been Jones, Dunn (srsly), Tyson and then guys like Howe, Pedersen, Vince etc.

The high draft picks like Toumpas, Watts, Grimes etc quoted before are generally complete crap.

They look like crap @ Melbourne. But I just think Melbourne ruined them. Toumpas was rated as one of the best mids in the 2012 draft and now look at him?

Do you really want to build a culture where you put your captain up for trade?

It's just weird to me.

They could've traded Watts last year but they blew it and now they won't get a first.

*, first time I've ever watched this Bounce show. Frawley tries to ask an actual football question: "who do we think will finish in eighth place? I think the Adelaide game is going to be huge."

Dunstall: "Really good question mate, but first up Gazey, have you got any tweets there?"

* me dead. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

For who? Surely it can't be worse than Lloyd's Yarran for Gumbleton suggestion?
Pick 5.
Which is a good pick.

But it's more the fact that he & Robbo said we should trade him because we're rebuilding. Do they think he's 30? He's someone to rebuild a side around and lead the club with Murph and Gibbs.

Sellers wouldn't do the trade.

Funny though, they said Pies should trade Ben Reid for pick 19. So they obviously rate Lachie higher.

Pick 5.
Which is a good pick.

But it's more the fact that he & Robbo said we should trade him because we're rebuilding. Do they think he's 30? He's someone to rebuild a side around and lead the club with Murph and Gibbs.

Sellers wouldn't do the trade.

Funny though, they said Pies should trade Ben Reid for pick 19. So they obviously rate Lachie higher.

Hendo still is relatively young and arguably hasn't reached his peak yet so I don't see the need to trade him either. The other thing is that Pick 5 which would most likely be for a KPP such as Darcy Moore wouldn't be guaranteed to work. At least we know with Hendo that he can play at this level and very well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David King tried to trade Lachie Henderson tonight. I hate this man.

He didn't say it with a straight face, did he?.........................He did didn't he?

One doesn't want to go on banging about some of these guys but you have to admire when you think one has reached the height of stupidity, yet they can still find another gear. You're a beauty King. :thumbsu:

He had st Kilda still trading pick 1 for Patton despite a second knee reco.

Swanny was bragging on SEN how he's never seen some much cap space to spend. But, I was thinking, they could have all the cap space in the world, but are they really going to be able to get someone to move to Brisbane?

I would love them to save it and lure Beams when he's a FA.

In the past eight years the club has had two priority picks (one No.1 pick, one at No. 17), two No. 1 selections, five top five picks and 13 in the first 20. It's no-one else's fault that too many of those players were either poor selections or that their talent was not adequately developed. At present Melbourne has nine first-round picks on its list, 10 if you count Hogan, who would have been one.
Yes, Tom Scully left. But the Demons got two first-round picks for his defection to the Giants. They had money to get Clark, whose unfortunate retirement at least gives them an opportunity to make another established player a good offer. They were fortunate to get Jack Viney with a second-round pick, and were able to use their lowly position (and Scully's departure) to get their hands on Hogan. Should James Frawley take up a free agency offer and leave, they'll have another top three pick, and more money to spend.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ority-pick-20140819-105qvd.html#ixzz3AyhCBbya

Amazing to me that Melbourne is even asking for it. I guess they think that Roosy will just give Gil his biggest smile and that will do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back