Mega Thread Oh yeah ... did you know there are 17 other teams? - General AFL discussion #9 - Blues posters only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else tired of all the A-League talk?
Seems that some journos have become over-whelmed at what the A-League offers by way of colour.

Granted that the AFL has become somewhat sanitized but the day chanting and singing becomes the norm, it's time to get out.
Have only ever been to one A-League match and that will be my last. People weren't even watching the game, spending time trying to decipher the barbarian chanting from one oppositions quarters to another.

I went to the first victory v heart game.

It was the hearts 3rd or 4th game ever and the cheer squad has all these rehearsed chants that were obviously copied from European bball or soccer leagues, just didn't sit right with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horses for courses and I'd love to see the AFL do something unique by way of presenting the game to us but chants of "Your mother wears socks" with comebacks like "Your father ploughs fields" are boring and frankly annoying.

Went with a group of people who found it all somehow funny..............even after an hour of it. Beats me.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/general-sports-discussions.719464/page-49

Perhaps not direct flights but I was flying from Santiago to Auckland, changing for Melbourne in 2012.

A couple of the same journey had $100 worth of Chilean wine confiscated when changing flights - a security risk or some BS. More like a scam to get you to buy duty free at Auckland airport. They don't grow Carmenere grapes in kiwiland.

Oh and there was an enormous queue because I didn't have that newfangled e-passport thing with the rfid chip built in, so the priority access wasn't available.
It's actually Australian customs that caused that. You are not allowed to buy alcohol and then transit through another airport before arriving in Australia. I wanted to buy some cheap Irish Whiskey before I flew back to OZ in July and it wouldnt allow me to do so. If you take a direct flight from somewhere to Australia, you can buy the booze there... but none of this sneaky transiting stuff.

DEVELOPING STORY: Police investigation into Kangaroos player http://t.co/RJ2KAf8w7o @AFL

A NORTH Melbourne player is one of two men under investigation by police over the robbery of a taxi driver.
AFL.com.au is not able to name the player at this time based on legal advice.
The alleged incident happened in the early hours of Sunday October 12 when two men were picked up by a cab driver.

The men allegedly threatened the driver and demanded all of his money.
When he refused, one of the men stole his log-book and got out of the cab.
The men then assaulted him and stole money from the taxi before running away.
Police say the cab driver was not injured and are hopeful of releasing a statement on Tuesday afternoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2014-10-28/nmfc-statement

The North Melbourne Football Club can confirm that a member of its playing list is currently assisting South Australian Police in relation to an incident that is alleged to have occurred in South Australia earlier this month.

As this is a matter of ongoing police enquiry, no further comment will be made by the Club until it is in a position to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back