Mega Thread Oh yeah ... did you know there are 17 other teams? - General AFL discussion #9 - Blues posters only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't been there. Good excuse for a holiday. Fortunately I'll likely be in a position to be able to do it.

Been to Wellington a few times with work, and it really is a lovely city. Has a very Melbourne feel to, with it's lane-ways and its restaurants.
Can be very cold and windy, so anyone who is already going or thinking of going really should pack thermals.

Been to Wellington a few times with work, and it really is a lovely city. Has a very Melbourne feel to, with it's lane-ways and its restaurants.
Can be very cold and windy, so anyone who is already going or thinking of going really should pack thermals.
I've heard that about Wellington. I may have some free (i.e. for the cost of whatever booze I provide) accommodation, which would be handy too.

can you bum cigarettes off 12 year olds like you can in Rundle mall?

A little harsh Lance
Reasonable chance that they're quite familiar with this. :cool:
open-hand.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else tired of all the A-League talk?
Seems that some journos have become over-whelmed at what the A-League offers by way of colour.

Granted that the AFL has become somewhat sanitized but the day chanting and singing becomes the norm, it's time to get out.
Have only ever been to one A-League match and that will be my last. People weren't even watching the game, spending time trying to decipher the barbarian chanting from one oppositions quarters to another.

Anyone else tired of all the A-League talk?
Seems that some journos have become over-whelmed at what the A-League offers by way of colour.

Granted that the AFL has become somewhat sanitized but the day chanting and singing becomes the norm, it's time to get out.
Have only ever been to one A-League match and that will be my last. People weren't even watching the game, spending time trying to decipher the barbarian chanting from one oppositions quarters to another.

I went to the first victory v heart game.

It was the hearts 3rd or 4th game ever and the cheer squad has all these rehearsed chants that were obviously copied from European bball or soccer leagues, just didn't sit right with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horses for courses and I'd love to see the AFL do something unique by way of presenting the game to us but chants of "Your mother wears socks" with comebacks like "Your father ploughs fields" are boring and frankly annoying.

Went with a group of people who found it all somehow funny..............even after an hour of it. Beats me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back