Mega Thread Oh yeah ... did you know there are 17 other teams? - General AFL discussion #9 - Blues posters only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impressed with the way Geelong supporters have handled Christensen back at his old club. Treated with respect and silence until he got some pretty contentious free kicks by being a flog. How a good Boo should be.

I think the trick is to not be caught on what is perceived to be the wrong side of this debate, because then your opinion is considered to be wrong.

I also found myself agreeing with Eddie Everywhere therefore I am fully prepared for the scorn that will be heaped upon me.

FWIW, I think Adam Goodes has behaved like a nob over the last couple of years, which is a shame because I've always had a lot of respect for Adam Goodes the footballer.
My view on this matter was always about the lack of respect towards Goodes. This didn't necessarily stem from a racist point of view although it is clearly part of it. I don't contend that your a racist. I take exception describing Goodes as a (k)nob although you don't clearly state what he has done to deserve this description.

I'll give you an idea of my idea of a (k)nob. A player who is involved in a brawl and is injured but then fails to report the true circumstances. A player who is involved in a fight on a bye weekend because he is drunk and then faces multiple charges as a result. A player who spits at an opponent in the 1979 GF. I could go on but you get my drift.

Was he a (k)nob in his 12 months as Australian of the Year. He may have brought his cause to the forefront with strong language but this is hardly different to the current occupant Rosie Batty and nobody is calling her a (k)nob.

Adam Goodes actions have represented nothing other a request for respect. I suggest you consider that point seriously while sitting on the other side of the debate.

I'm hating footy this week. My teenage kid got so much abuse umpiring seniors in Bendigo that he isn't going to do it again. He said he has better things to do with his time. He was actually pretty good at it too
That's disgraceful :(
I don't understand why people get off on that abusive s**t, especially towards a teenager.

I'm hating footy this week. My teenage kid got so much abuse umpiring seniors in Bendigo that he isn't going to do it again. He said he has better things to do with his time. He was actually pretty good at it too

Thats a shame BB, abusing a junior umpire is just pathetic

No wonder he isn't enjoying it

Edit assume its a he :$

Pretty pathetic. Grass roots footy needs all the volunteers and community support it can get.

Tom Boyd doesn't look much chop at this stage... I wouldn't want to be paying him $1M next year...

He lacks spacial awareness at this stage. Not something that can be easily taught and it's one of the big things that makes guys like Hogan, Cameron and the like special.

Impressed with the way Geelong supporters have handled Christensen back at his old club. Treated with respect and silence until he got some pretty contentious free kicks by being a flog. How a good Boo should be.
post deserves more love :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

post deserves more love :thumbsu:

But then the Adam Goodes behavioral apologists would be admitting that they were wrong and that an indigenous player can in fact be booed for carrying on like a flog without it having anything to do with the color of his skin or his heritage.

Again, I'm not suggesting that everyone booing Goodes had nothing to do with being racist (of course some percentile did, I'm not that naive) but if you're going to paint everyone who boos Goodes as being racist you can't not do it with them booing Christensen.

But then the Adam Goodes behavioral apologists would be admitting that they were wrong and that an indigenous player can in fact be booed for carrying on like a flog without it having anything to do with the color of his skin or his heritage.

Again, I'm not suggesting that everyone booing Goodes had nothing to do with being racist but if you're going to paint everyone who boos Goodes as being racist you can't not do it with them booing Christensen.
Boo.

Aw shucks, cheers Thy.

But how on earth did you know what Wickzki's post would say Before he posted it...:eek:

Dunno, think I'd fit in at the Blues?

Witch-hat.jpg

1010054.jpg

Terrible to hear BB as not many teenagers have a thick skin and are virtually bullied by so called expert players and their coaches. It is a tough gig and unfortunately most leagues and junior leagues are very short on umpires for this reason. Parents and some coaches are disgusting with what comes out of their mouths and their behavior towards umpires does not help much either.
I hope he sticks with it but should report the incident to the league so that they can sort the offenders out, if it was a coach or his players we really don't need them in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back