Mega Thread Oh yeah ... did you know there are 17 other teams? - General AFL discussion #9 - Blues posters only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't sit at the extreme of either position. But you're right language and meaning is contextual. As long as that meaning is conveyed adequately does grammar really matter on an Internet forum?

It was the measure used by some "journalist" to find what he termed the "smartest" club supporters.

Yes I agree - don't think grammar means anything much on internet forums and as for journalists ..

That's a lot more significant than Boek's faux pas. I'm sure there's a good news story coming out of AFL social media usage but I won't hold my breath.

Pretty ordinary stuff to put out on your facebook page ( whatever that is)

Looks like Matthew Watson is considering moving to WA to play in the WAFL next year. Has met with East Fremantle and West Perth.

I would say East Freo are the front runners with Rob Wiley their new head coach but West Perth have old carlton boys Suitcase Browne and Rohan Kerr playing there.

Isn't it a great feeling being drafted by Essendon :

12243015_737139889752095_4172378310933786553_n.jpg

I'll go one better! :D

CUkmS60UcAE1-0m.jpg:large

I felt for BB last night. He is going to have serious neck trauma by the end of the season. How good did Weitering look in the Carlton Guernsey. Born to wear it. God I hate Essendon......
McKay looked the goods as well!

Is anybody able to tell me what father-sons we have coming over the next six years? I'm aware of Jack Silvagni's brother (who will be a gun) but who else?
Ummm... Ben and Tom Silvagni, Oskar Manton, Jake Bradley (don't know if he went into the draft this year... but if he goes in next year, we'll grab him)... I think that Kouta's eldest son just started playing u12's this year along with Big Red's boy Dane.

Pretty ordinary stuff to put out on your facebook page ( whatever that is)
If you have a clue about which clubs are interested in you, you go through your social media apps and REMOVE anything that might cause embarrassment when you get to your new club.

If you have a clue about which clubs are interested in you, you go through your social media apps and REMOVE anything that might cause embarrassment when you get to your new club.

This will blow over pretty quickly. Especially if the lad plays decent footy next year. Think everyone's forgotten about Boekhorst's tweet about Carlton should sack Malthouse months before we drafted him, and to be fair, MM handled it nicely once that story broke to gossip mongering journos always look for the worst in people. (joked about BB'a nickname at the club was twitter)

Everyone makes mistakes at that age, sadly I once voted for Jeff Kennett in a state election (first and only time I've ever voted for that party FYI)

Hope we don't reach the stage where players can't have FB pages anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't Fremantle of asked if he and his family were 100% ok with the possibility that Freo might draft him. His parents seem 100% against it.

Have you seen Balics parents were on the phone in tears offerring him 70k to stay in Melbourne and not go to Freo - is this a joke? **** kids and parents are getting protective these days
Not sure what is sadder - how silly that is or the way I feel when I think about my parents pretty much shoving me out the door and celebrating when I left home to move interstate at 18.

:(:oops::cry::cry:

Should have done what CC reportedly said to Gold Coast and Adelaide recruiters about going home after 2 years.

Hope this situation doesn't pan out like Aish and Brisbane which became toxic for both parties.

Last edited:
Nuffin Buckley was pretty much the first player that dictated where he was going after he was drafted all those years ago. Basically told the bears he wanted nothing to do with them and that he would only go and play for them if they organised a trade to "the team of his choice"... Collingwood.

This will blow over pretty quickly. Especially if the lad plays decent footy next year. Think everyone's forgotten about Boekhorst's tweet about Carlton should sack Malthouse months before we drafted him, and to be fair, MM handled it nicely once that story broke to gossip mongering journos always look for the worst in people. (joked about BB'a nickname at the club was twitter)

Everyone makes mistakes at that age, sadly I once voted for Jeff Kennett in a state election (first and only time I've ever voted for that party FYI)

Hope we don't reach the stage where players can't have FB pages anymore.
But BB was right. :D

Looks like Matthew Watson is considering moving to WA to play in the WAFL next year. Has met with East Fremantle and West Perth.

I would say East Freo are the front runners with Rob Wiley their new head coach but West Perth have old carlton boys Suitcase Browne and Rohan Kerr playing there.
Thats great to hear. Hope he goes well over there if thats where he ends up. Got the rough end of the pineapple at Carlton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back