Mega Thread General ASADA - AFL - Essendon Investigation Discussion [Now a troll free zone - be warned]

Remove this Banner Ad

According to Terry Daniher at a sportsman's night last night, Essendon will have at least 6 players banned. He's pissed at what took place at the club, and thinks that it will all come out very soon.

Because the AFL didn't want this dragging through finals. Essendon were punished for bad governance not because they cheated. Now correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Asada promise the AFL that this was meant to be wrap up before finals?
Corrected, you're wrong.

According to Terry Daniher at a sportsman's night last night, Essendon will have at least 6 players banned. He's pissed at what took place at the club, and thinks that it will all come out very soon.
Terry Daniher? Were they all out at it last night? Because Anthony Daniher addressed an audience last night as reported today, and strangely, despite how newsworthy it would be, there was no mention of his thoughts on player bans. I couldn't see anything about him saying he thinks it will come out soon either. So where are you getting this from? Do you think you might be gilding the lily a little? ;)

Terry Daniher? Were they all out at it last night? Because Anthony Daniher addressed an audience last night as reported today, and strangely, despite how newsworthy it would be, there was no mention of his thoughts on player bans. I couldn't see anything about him saying he thinks it will come out soon either. So where are you getting this from? Do you think you might be gilding the lily a little? ;)
The ops manager at work is a massive Bomber fan, and spoke to Daniher about the saga. He did say it was hosted by Terry and Crackers Keenan, but perhaps he made a Freudian slip in regards to Daniher.
Up until yesterday he argued black and blue that Essendon and Hird had done anything wrong, he has now changed his tune after speaking with Daniher.

I would like to see Echols clear this up, too

Anthony was at the Footy Almanac lunch, not a sports night. Could be both of them at different events.
Was Crackers Keenan also there?

The ops manager at work is a massive Bomber fan, and spoke to Daniher about the saga. He did say it was hosted by Terry and Crackers Keenan, but perhaps he made a Freudian slip in regards to Daniher.
Up until yesterday he argued black and blue that Essendon and Hird had done anything wrong, he has now changed his tune after speaking with Daniher.

I hope he is not the black ops manager that Deano was refering to:eek: .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Foolish to say Hird did nothing wrong. He did, I think many EFC fans are just arguing what.

By Essendon getting rid of all the drug and cheating references in their charge sheet may have been a mistake.
Will the AFL due to force of public opinion have to wack them again? Eg got them on governance better get them on some drug stuff as well.( ps I really don't know all the facts so far on this is just a good old Big Footy " I rekon "

By Essendon getting rid of all the drug and cheating references in their charge sheet may have been a mistake.
Will the AFL due to force of public opinion have to wack them again? Eg got them on governance better get them on some drug stuff as well.( ps I really don't know all the facts so far on this is just a good old Big Footy " I rekon "

IF WADA/ASADA whack them this is a very interesting point

I would hope that if anything is proven by ASADA then public opinion means jack s**t and we are charged under ASADA determination.

I can't really see how anything else would be relevant.

So where have these leaks been? Who has come out from the club and said they used PEDs on mass?
Oh for goodness sakes.

The captain of your club came out and said he was injected to unprecedented levels with banned PEDs.
Texts have confirmed that James Hird was involved up to his eyeballs and was informed in some detail of what was going on. Dank mentioned the names of banned performance enhancing drugs. They used a secret location to to inject the players and they were told not to tell anybody. Your assistant coach said he wanted the program stopped. Your club doctor warned you about the program. The AFL warned James Hird not to cheat by injecting his players with banned PEDs. Your high performance coach came out and said that James Hird was an enthusiastic user of banned PEDs.

How's that for a start?

Oh for goodness sakes.

The captain of your club came out and said he was injected to unprecedented levels with banned PEDs.
Texts have confirmed that James Hird was involved up to his eyeballs and was informed in some detail of what was going on. Dank mentioned the names of banned performance enhancing drugs. They used a secret location to to inject the players and, like victims of child abuse, were told not to tell anybody. Your assistant coach said he wanted the program stopped. Your club doctor warned you about the program. The AFL warned James Hird not to cheat by injecting his players with banned PEDs. Your high performance coach came out and said that James Hird was an enthusiastic user of banned PEDs.

How's that for a start?
Pretty poor actually.

A few texts prove nothing, absolutely nothing.

Essendon believed AOD was legal, as did a member of the AFLs anti doping team. Even ASADA have said they will released a statement regarding AODs status prior to WADAs statement in April 2013. Obviously it was an issue.

The rest is just regurgitating the one sided media story we've heard all year.

The interim report summarised 6months of an OPEN investigation and not a single charge! Says it all and youve spat the dummy big time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back