Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part IV – #lateoutwatch

Remove this Banner Ad

When I post rumours, I literally say they're a rumour.

Stating something is a fact generally means it's, you know, an actual fact.
So if you post something you've been told by someone who has first hand knowledge or would know its still only a rumour coz it hasn't been reported by the newspapers? Righttttttt.... Also, just admit it, you cant keep Dazzle and me on ignore, you love hearing what we have to say. :sweatsmile:

Where exactly has that been reported as fact?
Yeh fair call - I got my stories a little mixed up.

Clayton was at Joel Smiths house the night he had his ‘fall’ and went to hospital.

I’m still drawing a small bow and smell something fishy. I know of a couple of other players who have supposedly been involved at times but as the media havnt reported anything on them I havnt put it on here.

Clayton was at Joel Smiths house the night he had his ‘fall’ and went to hospital.

I’m still drawing a small bow and smell something fishy. I know of a couple of other players who have supposedly been involved at times but as the media havnt reported anything on them I havnt put it on here.

Who are the other supposedly involved guys? Can DM if you don’t want to post.

I mean, it's suss, no doubt about that. And yeah, there was a (trigger warning for the usual suspects) RUMOUR another player was dragged into the club with their manager due to off field behaviour during the offsseason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean, it's suss, no doubt about that. And yeah, there was a (trigger warning for the usual suspects) RUMOUR another player was dragged into the club with their manager due to off field behaviour during the offsseason.

I haven't heard that rumour, but I wouldn't find it surprising!

I still can't believe that no one has connected the dots with Harmes "personal issues" last year...

Culture!

Maybe Bartlett has a point...

Bugger - you’re correct again.

I’m certain that I heard that Smith picked him up from the hospital though.

Presumably neither of them wanted it getting out.

Yeah you could be right on that, have no idea about who picked him up.

We as MFC supporters really aren't allowed to have too many nice things are we?

Two years after winning the flag, the club is back to being a joke, we're in the headlines for all the wrong reasons, our culture stinks etc...

Even in the one year we finally win a flag, we can't even see the damn thing aside from a few Perth based Melbourne supporters who have probably seen about 10 MFC games in their life or a bunch of Freo people logging into Demonland to scab barcodes off genuine heart and soul members.

You'd have a very had time convincing me that MFC's drought breaking flag was anywhere near as enjoyable as Geelong in 2007, Dogs in 2016 or Richmond in 2017 given the COVID circumstances and that many of their supporters got to flock to the MCG to savour the moment.

Hopefully our master mind of a coach can turn this thing around and prove that he's a great coach in charge of a great modern day club.

We as MFC supporters really aren't allowed to have too many nice things are we?

Two years after winning the flag, the club is back to being a joke, we're in the headlines for all the wrong reasons, our culture stinks etc...

Even in the one year we finally win a flag, we can't even see the damn thing aside from a few Perth based Melbourne supporters who have probably seen about 10 MFC games in their life or a bunch of Freo people logging into Demonland to scab barcodes off genuine heart and soul members.

You'd have a very had time convincing me that MFC's drought breaking flag was anywhere near as enjoyable as Geelong in 2007, Dogs in 2016 or Richmond in 2017 given the COVID circumstances and that many of their supporters got to flock to the MCG to savour the moment.

Hopefully our master mind of a coach can turn this thing around and prove that he's a great coach in charge of a great modern day club.
Agree we are a joke but can't agree with anything that diminishes the 21' flag.

Can still feel the tears running down my face when we lifted the cup.

I'm one of the lucky ones I think. I knew we were winning the flag early on and decided I'd rather see it with my old man (who wasn't physically able to be at a packed MCG) rather than at the ground. The fact that the game was played in Perth means nothing to me, nothing at all. Could have been in Saigon for all I care. I watched the game exactly as I planned to: off my nut surrounded by loved ones. My only regret is I don't actually remember it. But that was always going to be the case.

I'm one of the lucky ones I think. I knew we were winning the flag early on and decided I'd rather see it with my old man (who wasn't physically able to be at a packed MCG) rather than at the ground. The fact that the game was played in Perth means nothing to me, nothing at all. Could have been in Saigon for all I care. I watched the game exactly as I planned to: off my nut surrounded by loved ones. My only regret is I don't actually remember it. But that was always going to be the case.
Yep exactly, I've never been to a GF so like you all my GF's are spent absolutely off my cruet. This one was no different.

In hindsight its hard to tell if the tears were raw emotion or the pingers kicking in.

The actual grand final win and season 2021 in isolation was a thing of beauty. Don't get me wrong.
Way happier times than how 2022 and 2023 ended.

But just imagine going to the MCG 3 times in September, belting the living snot out Brisbane, Geelong and the Dogs and then going absolutely berserk in Swan Street as we celebrate our drought breaking flag. I know you can't turn back time, but it would've been really nice!

I feel as a supporter group we missed out on a once in a life time opportunity and only another flag, at the G, will rectify that. I don't want to have to live through another grand final via BT and Brayshaw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back