General music chat not warranting its own thread thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I would be in the nervous category. I don't think I made eye contact the whole time with anyone. Oddly enough although their wasn't much, what I hated was the applause and compliments. Even a subtle clap made me uncomfortable. Then the last time we played was opening for a couple of local run of the mill pop-punk bands in a town hall. Knowing the crowd would hate our "music", I found it much better. The booing took away the pressure. :p
I like the compliments, maybe that's the narcissist in me :p

You obviously have a calling in punk music and tearing down the establishment if you're like that :p Haha I'd say it's because you felt like you didn't really have to live up to anything that it took the pressure off and you could just play

I like the compliments, maybe that's the narcissist in me :p

You obviously have a calling in punk music and tearing down the establishment if you're like that :p Haha I'd say it's because you felt like you didn't really have to live up to anything that it took the pressure off and you could just play
True. But it was the opposite to punk. More post-rock like Explosions In The Sky.

I'd rather it be all about that bass. But no trouble :p

We should make a bigfooty band :D

Fair chance it would be over the top and out of tune.

Mikey "curated" the Flip Out Festival at Manning Bar at Sydney Uni a few years back and ECSR and the Ooga Boogas both played. ****ing great day.

images

"I'm an Ooga Booga and my utensils made of wood and though it drags along the ground, it still tastes pretty good....."
Found a couple of songs on youtube. Nice.

I had my first guitar lesson last night.

**** my fingers hurt.
Weak :p

It goes away eventually. Steel string acoustic, nylon string, or electric?

It goes away eventually. Steel string acoustic, nylon string, or electric?

Steel string acoustic.

Got a cheapy from Artists Guitars in Sydney with a built in tuner etc. went again last night but could only manage about 15 minutes before my office worker fingers could take no more.

Yeah I know....

Steel string acoustic.

Got a cheapy from Artists Guitars in Sydney with a built in tuner etc. went again last night but could only manage about 15 minutes before my office worker fingers could take no more.

Yeah I know....

Not an easy starter for the fingers :p I started Nylon string because it doesn't cut into your fingers like steel string.

What electric do you play?
At the moment I've got an Epiphone Les Paul Custom, but for my 21st my parents have given me a budget of $3000 to pick out a new guitar, and I'm trying to find something I want but haven't decided yet.

At the moment I've got an Epiphone Les Paul Custom, but for my 21st my parents have given me a budget of $3000 to pick out a new guitar, and I'm trying to find something I want but haven't decided yet.
That's amazing. No ideas yet though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's amazing. No ideas yet though?
Not a Flying V and not Ibanez. I'm thinking maybe a Firebird but I'm not too sure, I love Les Pauls but I don't want to get another one and have 2 Les Pauls.

You got any suggestions for me? :D

Not a Flying V and not Ibanez. I'm thinking maybe a Firebird but I'm not too sure, I love Les Pauls but I don't want to get another one and have 2 Les Pauls.

You got any suggestions for me? :D
Nah I'm just a spectator when it comes to guitars. You are talking beyond professional artist quality though with that budget. I have always been interested in Travis Bean guitars because of the aluminium neck.

Don't know much about them but the Gibson Firebird is easy on the eye.

Watching the top 50 of 2005 that two up mentioned recently.

Feel Good Inc. only #9. What could possibly beat that?

EDIT: Nah man * this, Lonely by Akon is #8.

EDIT2: Hollaback Girl, some s**t Nelly or Usher song, My Humps. Dear god why.

Last edited:
Watching the top 50 of 2005 that two up mentioned recently.

Feel Good Inc. only #9. What could possibly beat that?

EDIT: Nah man **** this, Lonely by Akon is #8.

EDIT2: Hollaback Girl, some s**t Nelly or Usher song, My Humps. Dear god why.
Please tell me My Humps was not number 1. Please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back