General Problems Thread: 2009 - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Windows Firewall/Symnatec are different things. Watch the Symnatec Allowance area when you are trying to open iTunes. It should 'smart' allow it though.

Yeah, I know, I was just checking both for firewall issues.
I can't seem to find anything which says i-tunes is not a trusted site or anything allowing me to change a setting on it in Symantec. Nothing comes up in terms of allowance either.

The whole thing was set up by the tech guys at work but I tried it once at work and I was unable to get on. It also worked once for me whilst I was at home if that makes any difference?

Thanks for the help this is really annoying. When I import a CD I have to manually enter all of the details because it can't connect to the store to get song names etc!

Yeah, I know, I was just checking both for firewall issues.
I can't seem to find anything which says i-tunes is not a trusted site or anything allowing me to change a setting on it in Symantec. Nothing comes up in terms of allowance either.

The whole thing was set up by the tech guys at work but I tried it once at work and I was unable to get on. It also worked once for me whilst I was at home if that makes any difference?

Thanks for the help this is really annoying. When I import a CD I have to manually enter all of the details because it can't connect to the store to get song names etc!
Is this from home or from work? Guessing home?

I don't use iTunes because its a dodgy piece of ****. I don't normally have to type in any info though, its normally there.

Is this from home or from work? Guessing home?

I don't use iTunes because its a dodgy piece of ****. I don't normally have to type in any info though, its normally there.

Problem occurs at home. It is a computer provided by work though. Thye set everything up pretty much. Apart from that I can do what i want with it with the exception of use it to look up pr0n etc.

I dunno, I'll just keep trying I guess. Just really annoying as you could imagine.

Problem occurs at home. It is a computer provided by work though. Thye set everything up pretty much. Apart from that I can do what i want with it with the exception of use it to look up pr0n etc.

I dunno, I'll just keep trying I guess. Just really annoying as you could imagine.
Well, just to make sure maybe its worth asking the Tech Guys whether there is any sortoff block for iTunes. Dunno how they would have dnoe it, but its worth a try I guess.

Probably a long shot but..
Is any one else using iceweasel? In the last few days i'm finding that bigfooty.com slows down iceweasel considerably. if i open multiple tabs from bigfooty it freezes up. I've a suspicion it may be the flash adds or some javascripts runnings, but its a bit beyond my knowledge.

Computer has just stuffed up with a virus or viruses. Keeps directing me to install (buy online) this AntiMalware product which seems legit. Does anyone reccommend buying this online or should I just head out and buy something like Norton for $110 ? There's a few infections and this Trojan virus which keeps popping up and saying my computers at high risk so I just want some software that will completely eliminate these infections and basically just clean up my comp. Suggestions? Thanks

Computer has just stuffed up with a virus or viruses. Keeps directing me to install (buy online) this AntiMalware product which seems legit. Does anyone reccommend buying this online or should I just head out and buy something like Norton for $110 ? There's a few infections and this Trojan virus which keeps popping up and saying my computers at high risk so I just want some software that will completely eliminate these infections and basically just clean up my comp. Suggestions? Thanks

malwarebytes
: get the free version and it will clean those suckers right out

Thanks but it seems to freeze halfway through the installation. Must be because of this w***er virus.

Is this AntiMalware a virus or is it legit? I can never tell. It's telling me to purchase this product to remove all these viruses! **** I hate computers

malwarebytes is a legit program. It does have CNET approval so that should tell you something. It has saved my PC on a number of occasions.

other solution is to download a free antivirus program like AVG

or do a clean install of your operating system as a last resort. But be warned you will lose everything on your c: drive with this option.

am using Utorrent to download torrents, but they seem to going very slow up to 4 days for one 800 mb file, i have broadband (ADSL 2+) yet it still seems to take foever, other browing usually pretty good, it this a modem issue (DSL 302G), uTorrest settings, or something else>?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

am using Utorrent to download torrents, but they seem to going very slow up to 4 days for one 800 mb file, i have broadband (ADSL 2+) yet it still seems to take foever, other browing usually pretty good, it this a modem issue (DSL 302G), uTorrest settings, or something else>?
Well, how many seeders does the torrent have? The less seeders, the less places you have to leech the torrent from and the slower it goes.

Well, how many seeders does the torrent have? The less seeders, the less places you have to leech the torrent from and the slower it goes.

They are well used torrents stuff with well over 1k seeds etc,

EDIT

then again looking at it it has 21 (9362) under seeds and 1 (2516) under peers.. is this good???

For a few months now my hotmail account which I am running through Windows Live Mail has been receiving and bouncing spam to various contacts. I ended up deleting my entire address book in the hope that it was just reading that and doing it. It would seem that now it has come back and it is reading addresses in my inbox and resending the spam to them.

The problem is that you can't block the sender because it is a different address everytime. It also does the sender and receiver as the same address ie. mine. I tried to block myself but that doesn't help either.

Does anyone know of a way to stop this from happening. I deleted the account from WLM and then redid it but still it happens. I am running a malware program to see if there is anything but my AVG is up to date and has detected nothing ever.

I had the same problem a few months ago.

Something to do with the title 'vacation reply?'

My uncle told me to download a malware program, but that didnt seem to help 'much (I didn't think it picked up on much), so I tried changing my hotmail password, and this seemed to work. Since then, I haven't received any spam mails like that one.

Even if you've tried that already, try it again. It's the only thing that seemed to work for me.

Good luck.

Anyone know why no videos on youtube are loading for me...?

Sometimes for half a second before my videos load, theres a message saying 'make sure you have the latest version of Java installed' if you want to view this video....but it always goes away and my video loads after about a second..

I don't even know what Java is....but maybe look into that?

I'm just getting a black screen. If I press play nothing happens.

Some of the videos are working if I click to get the video to a new window but most aren't.

Just a little problem which may or may not be significant. I am unable to use my laptop without A/C Power. The battery is fully charged, yet whenever I pull the cord out and try to use it on just battery power I cannot. Would I need to purchase another battery or is there a simple fix for this?

I accidentley clicked on the little arrow things next to the help symbol on internet explorer and clicked on "send to one one note" now this one note loading bar keeps coming up. Anyone know how to fix this?

F******* these microsoft clowns I'm going to use chrome from now on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back