General Sport Discussion (non-AFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard an interview with someone connected to the NRL......and boy, they really have a different mindset up there!

While saying that the dog part of the video was stupid, this person was more concerned with the drinking problem and who took the video and released it!:eek:

It was the dog part of it that disgusted me and made my skin crawl, not the drunk part. Don't think many drunks even think about having sex with a dog, but this guy did....and said it a few times.

Not just a drunk, but a disgusting sicko as well.

Heard an interview with someone connected to the NRL......and boy, they really have a different mindset up there!

While saying that the dog part of the video was stupid, this person was more concerned with the drinking problem and who took the video and released it!:eek:

It was the dog part of it that disgusted me and made my skin crawl, not the drunk part. Don't think many drunks even think about having sex with a dog, but this guy did....and said it a few times.

Not just a drunk, but a disgusting sicko as well.

But, he didn't have sex with a dog. He joked about it and simulated sex with a dog. It's not my sense of humour and I'd never make that sort of joke or get that drunk and stupid. There are a lot of people in our society who would though, especially amongst the dumb young footballer (NRL and AFL) and their friends community. Many of these people are from pretty ordinary backgrounds. Many of them are country people or a bit bogan.
I can understand the commercial damage that this does to game and club. I understand that his behaviour is not what we're aiming for as a society and we want to make the point that we expect better. But, it's the complete moral indignation, writing him off as a person and calls to end his career etc that I dont get.
In contrast we have Wayne Carey who has a long history of very poor acts, including bashing women. His reputation is resurrected via Channel 7 who want him as a commentator because he's such a top bloke and great player and no one bats an eyelid.

I didn't say he had sex with the dog....but his actions and talk about it is what I found sickening.

...and yes, I have written him off as a person, the same as I have done about Carey and some others.

Proven themselves to be very ordinary human beings imo.

When I was his age I'd pretty much hump anything as a joke when I was on the turps, but I wasn't a professional athlete or having to worry about people with camera phones. The casual racism and disrespect for women are much more concerning... not to say it wasn't terrierfying for the poor little pooch.

It makes me feel sad on so many levels.....I even feel sorry for the guy.

Sad that he thinks that that type of behaviour is funny and acceptable....
Sad for the public shaming which in my opinion is disproportionate to his stupid actions...
Sad that his team mates acted like sheep and that footy club culture restricts the lesser lights from speaking up against the 'heroes'...
Sad on so so many more levels...

Our country is becoming a sewer...

/end rant...

Can anyone tell me where I can watch the first one dayer between AUS and NZ? Apparently fox sports isn't showing it which I find ridiculous considering I watched NZ and Pakistan on fox only a few days ago.

Can anyone tell me where I can watch the first one dayer between AUS and NZ? Apparently fox sports isn't showing it which I find ridiculous considering I watched NZ and Pakistan on fox only a few days ago.

Foxsports certainly are broadcasting it, on Fox sports 5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of cricket I just don't get the whole outrage over the latest mankad incident in the u19 world cup. Maybe its the fact that I'm a bowler primarily, but in an age where every conceivable advantage in cricket is heading the way of the batsman I hardly find sympathy for a batsman who is out of his crease and trying to gain an advantage getting run out. Batsman don't walk when they nick balls, bowlers don't get a warning for their first noball or wide, why should a batsman get a warning for what is essentially cheating to gain an advantage. In this case they needed 3 runs off the last over with one wicket in hand. Basically the batsman was trying to get an advantage to get those 3 runs to win and did so by going beyond the laws of the game, yet the guy who stayed within the laws gets the angst. Ridiculous

As for the whole argument that he was only just on the line, given he was moving forward and was already on the line before the bowler had gotten into his bowling stride he would have been well out if the bowler had gone through with it.

Agreed, stay in your crease until after the bowler releases the ball and then you don't have to worry about whether a legitimate law of cricket will be enforced or not.

The rule is clear. I also can't stand the argument that it was more unsportsmanlike due to the fact it was the last wicket and in a close game. It's as ridiculous as the the argument in footy that the ump should put the whistle away in the fourth quarter if it is close.

"Waste Management"? Seriously?

Just the company that sponsor the Pheonix Open. IDK what the course is called, everyone just refers to it as 'Waste Management'.

mpiP9R0.jpg

Can't wait to watch a bit of the action, course looks great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back