General Sport Discussion (non-AFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

CaqUgytUEAEhrJs.jpg:large

Really exciting game.

**** me, could the Cowboys have found more ways to avoid winning a game. :mad:

Broncos let them back into that match in a big way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Broncos let them back into that match in a big way.

Nah, that's the Cowboys. They don't show up for the whole eighty minutes but for the 20, 40 or 60 minutes they show up for you better be paying attention.

And if they do show up for 80, then you'd be the Roosters.

Nah, that's the Cowboys. They don't show up for the whole eighty minutes but for the 20, 40 or 60 minutes they show up for you better be paying attention.

And if they do show up for 80, then you'd be the Roosters.

I've always seen the Cowboys as the bad luck Brians of the NRL.

Just as a random aside. I love the way JT interacts with young fans. A lot of players could take a leaf out of his book.

I've always seen the Cowboys as the bad luck Brians of the NRL.

Just as a random aside. I love the way JT interacts with young fans. A lot of players could take a leaf out of his book.
I just really dislike the way he reacts to the umpires when things go wrong (they have coped some absolute shockers). He shouldn't be seen as an example with that

I just really dislike the way he reacts to the umpires when things go wrong (they have coped some absolute shockers). He shouldn't be seen as an example with that

May be wrong but last night I think he was talking to the ref because he had no idea why it hadn't been awarded and I'm not sure if the onfield ref knew either. I think he thought it had been ruled knocked forward by whoever the other Cowboys player was.

As long as it's not completely over the top.

Gillett should whine to the NRL after the game about his disallowed try too...

I don't think it is completely unreasonable when the video screen thing doesn't tell you why they haven't given the try and none of the onfield refs can tell you either. I probably don't watch enough NRL to understand the dynamic between the players and referees and whether it is the 'done thing' to ask for an explanation.

I don't think it is completely unreasonable when the video screen thing doesn't tell you why they haven't given the try and none of the onfield refs can tell you either. I probably don't watch enough NRL to understand the dynamic between the players and referees and whether it is the 'done thing' to ask for an explanation.

Well the same thing happened to Gillett earlier in the game ... Both were 50/50 calls. Thursto just loves to blow up at refs.

Well the same thing happened to Gillett earlier in the game ... Both were 50/50 calls. Thursto just loves to blow up at refs.

I thought the Thurston call was fine re: that he knocked it on. I do think that there was confusion as to what they were reviewing and what they ultimately used to decide that it was a no try. I don't see the big fuss - but again I don't watch a hell of a lot of NRL.

Given his history with dodgy refereeing decisions, the lack of trust is understandable.
Reckon it will be another Broncos v Cowboys GF this year
Cowboys should've put 30+ points on in the end, they're way ahead of the Brocos/donkeys in attack but just couldn't finish off most of their chances.
Gillett should whine to the NRL after the game about his disallowed try too...
Whining to the NRL- something no one at the Broncos should ever do :p

I don't mind a captain getting in a ref's ear. It is part of the job. Wally Lewis was the greatest player and captain I've seen and a serial yapper too.

I really don't like that the other 16 players
feel entitled to question the ref. Captain v Ref is a 1 on 1 conversation. If everyone else on the field tells the ref where he is going wrong, it is not going to help good decision making IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back