News General sports discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Hoping the Socceroos can put in a good performance against Japan.

Really struggling of late and it's important we start to turn that around as we head into the Asian Cup.

Japan at home is always tough but we tend to play well against them so I'm not ruling out a draw but you'd have to say the Japanese are favourites.

Jedinak a real key in the middle of the park. Hasn't been able to perform for his country to the same level as he has for his club and he's a real key for us in the middle.

Cahill starting on the bench so will be interesting to see how we look up front. Generally we've struggled for potency without him there so hopefully Kruse, Troisi and Leckie can provide a spark.

Hoping the Socceroos can put in a good performance against Japan.

Really struggling of late and it's important we start to turn that around as we head into the Asian Cup.

Japan at home is always tough but we tend to play well against them so I'm not ruling out a draw but you'd have to say the Japanese are favourites.

Jedinak a real key in the middle of the park. Hasn't been able to perform for his country to the same level as he has for his club and he's a real key for us in the middle.

Cahill starting on the bench so will be interesting to see how we look up front. Generally we've struggled for potency without him there so hopefully Kruse, Troisi and Leckie can provide a spark.
Struggled

Struggled

First half was terrific and much closer to the form we'd shown through the World Cup when we really challenged a few sides significantly better than us.

Second half we really struggled and looked a completely different team. Not sure what happened at the break but the difference was obvious and it was significant.

Japan lifted a gear or 3 in that second half but the Socceroos were also terrible and lucky to not concede a fair few more goals than the final score shows.

Plenty of work still to do before the Asian Cup and they'd want to improve their overall performance otherwise there may even be some doubts about progressing beyond the group stage. Play as we did in the first half and we'll at the very least challenge every nation in the tournament but play as we did in the second half and we'll be trampled by the minnows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely insane! I love the NFL, it has some freak athletes in it.

I'm the opposite Jatz, really don't think much of the game. Have been lucky enough to see a few games live, just doesn't ring my bell. Appreciate the spectacle, but the athletes that play it are mind blowing.
Whilst Eli has upset you the family story is another great tale.

Tennis back in the spotlight for the next few weeks and the Aussies did really well yesterday in Brissy, with Duckworth, Kokkanakis, Tomic and Jarmilla going through. Duckworth and Kokka beat their higher ranked French opponents. Of course Stosur didn't get through her first round match on Sunday after leading 5-1 in the third set against a lower ranked opponent. Hewitt taking on big serving Groth tonight.

And over in Perth the Hopman Cup bounced off on Sunday with the Czech upsetting Canada. Australia played the night session on and lost. Matt Ebden suffered a calf injury in his match which I think has put in out of action. Great Britain upset France last night in the mixed doubles.

I know only a few posters like tennis and that is only when the slams are being played but you get more of an insight into players when they play small tournaments leading up to a slam.

Tennis back in the spotlight for the next few weeks and the Aussies did really well yesterday in Brissy, with Duckworth, Kokkanakis, Tomic and Jarmilla going through. Duckworth and Kokka beat their higher ranked French opponents. Of course Stosur didn't get through her first round match on Sunday after leading 5-1 in the third set against a lower ranked opponent. Hewitt taking on big serving Groth tonight.

And over in Perth the Hopman Cup bounced off on Sunday with the Czech upsetting Canada. Australia played the night session on and lost. Matt Ebden suffered a calf injury in his match which I think has put in out of action. Great Britain upset France last night in the mixed doubles.

I know only a few posters like tennis and that is only when the slams are being played but you get more of an insight into players when they play small tournaments leading up to a slam.

Stosur needs to sort out her mental roadblocks before she can improve in Australia. She's so frustrating to watch in my opinion.

Mebby I knew she would lose. She has had sessions with a psychologist before and I think it helped. She hates playing left handers but unfortunately she has to overcome this. Yes she has a great kick serve but I would prefer if she just had a more consistent serve. I dislike Sharapova but I give her credit she never gives up even when her serve deserts her and she doesn't have a great serve.

If Stosur is playing a left hander in her first round match at the Oz Open go put $10 on her opponent you will more than likely come out winning.

Mebby I knew she would lose. She has had sessions with a psychologist before and I think it helped. She hates playing left handers but unfortunately she has to overcome this. Yes she has a great kick serve but I would prefer if she just had a more consistent serve. I dislike Sharapova but I give her credit she never gives up even when her serve deserts her and she doesn't have a great serve.

If Stosur is playing a left hander in her first round match at the Oz Open go put $10 on her opponent you will more than likely come out winning.
If I was a betting gal I'd keep that in mind JR! :p

I am appalled that a professional English Football Cup, has just signed a convicted rapist to their squad Ched Evans. I think if you have been tried and found guilty of a violent crime (esp against women) as a footballer, you have forfeited the right to actually earn a big wage and/or the hype by playing for a professional club.

And that Evans cad doesn't seem remorseful at all for what he's done, just one of those disgusting jerks who feels every right to abuse/degrade women.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back