Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
This organisation is unbelievable, firstly they tell ABC to shove their coverage of TSL because they wont cough up $100 thousand, 3 years later they are talking about paying $500 thousand to do the same thing. If they were accountable to stakeholders and shareholders the lot of them would be out on their arses.
500 k that's a lot of coin, seriously who is going watch live tsl footy when it's up against a live afl match. It won't be the average fan

500 k that's a lot of coin, seriously who is going watch live tsl footy when it's up against a live afl match. It won't be the average fan

It seems a lot of coin and I cant see the clubs being able to fork out for it.
I would imagine it would run along the same lines as the VFL, SANFL and WAFL and the televised match of the round be shown in each home state prior to the AFL telecast that day. The VFL telecast match usually starts at 11.45 on Saturdays, not sure about the others but would presume the same.

It seems a lot of coin and I cant see the clubs being able to fork out for it.
I would imagine it would run along the same lines as the VFL, SANFL and WAFL and the televised match of the round be shown in each home state prior to the AFL telecast that day. The VFL telecast match usually starts at 11.45 on Saturdays, not sure about the others but would presume the same.

Thats fine, but WAFL & SANFL clubs get a shed load of AFL money given to them. VFL clubs are mainly wholly owned subsidiaries of AFL clubs. Anyway, do those individual clubs have to pay for it?, or chip in for it?
Also whatever happened to the live streaming that was spoken about?

At least they seem to be getting better at the TSL app. Well a bit better anyway.

Thats fine, but WAFL & SANFL clubs get a shed load of AFL money given to them. VFL clubs are mainly wholly owned subsidiaries of AFL clubs. Anyway, do those individual clubs have to pay for it?, or chip in for it?
Also whatever happened to the live streaming that was spoken about?

At least they seem to be getting better at the TSL app. Well a bit better anyway.

I have no idea who pays for the other leagues, would be suprised if it were the clubs though, I highly doubt our clubs will be able to afford it either, in hindsight it may have been a good decision to knock back the original deal with the ABC though as they have gone away from televising football altogether.

I have actually hardly ever had a problem with the app, for me it updates after every single score and I have actually made a conscious effort to check this a few times at matches I am at, the only problems that seem to occur for me are at Launceston home matches, they obviously fail to update it regularly, it may also have something to do with the phone you are using or the carrier, if the information is fed into the system then there would be no control over it from there.

Wow, Glenorchy have just given the Hobart City lads an almighty touch up.

I was flat out & didnt get time to look at tips

I was going to tip Glenorchy by 12pts as I thought NHCFC would be better. They were torn apart. 1 goal 10 is not good enough for senior football. After such a nice day the bit of rain made the ground a bit slipery, but it wasnt that bad. NHFC just couldnt get the ball, or do anything when they got it. I think some questions might be asked at Argyle street tonight.

North Launy by 32 over Clarence
Burnie by 42 over Launy
Devonport by 22 over Western storm
Lauderdale by 52 over KT.

Interesting final round next week to decide 4th and 5th position with 1st, 2nd and 3rd locked in. By my calculations Devonport can not drop out of the 5 unless they lose to North Launy by a large margin and Hobart City beat beat Lauderdale by a small margin. This is based on Lauderdale winning today (which is no certainty by any means). If Devonport beat North Launy next week (they beat them last time) they will finish 4th which means both finals in the first week will be on the coast.

Interesting final round next week to decide 4th and 5th position with 1st, 2nd and 3rd locked in. By my calculations Devonport can not drop out of the 5 unless they lose to North Launy by a large margin and Hobart City beat beat Lauderdale by a small margin. This is based on Lauderdale winning today (which is no certainty by any means). If Devonport beat North Launy next week (they beat them last time) they will finish 4th which means both finals in the first week will be on the coast.

Devonport can most definitely drop out of the 5 if they lose and Hobart City win.
Hobart City definitely have to win to make it, Lauderdale can still make it with a loss if Devonport lose and Devonport can still make it with a loss if Hobart City lose or Lauderdale get beat by a big margin.

Devonport can most definitely drop out of the 5 if they lose and Hobart City win.
Hobart City definitely have to win to make it, Lauderdale can still make it with a loss if Devonport lose and Devonport can still make it with a loss if Hobart City lose or Lauderdale get beat by a big margin.
If you read my post again I didn't say Devonport couldn't drop out of the 5. You have basically repeated what I said and tried to tell me I'm wrong. I made my post prior to Lauderdale having the big win yesterday which did change the circumstances a bit because percentage could prove vital. Devonport are playing good footy at the moment and are not without a chance of knocking off North Launceston and if that happens the Lauderdale v Hobart City game becomes an elimination final.

If you read my post again I didn't say Devonport couldn't drop out of the 5. You have basically repeated what I said and tried to tell me I'm wrong. I made my post prior to Lauderdale having the big win yesterday which did change the circumstances a bit because percentage could prove vital. Devonport are playing good footy at the moment and are not without a chance of knocking off North Launceston and if that happens the Lauderdale v Hobart City game becomes an elimination final.

Apologies, your post did seem like you were locking Devonport in already, if they lose and HC win then they pretty much definitely miss out, in that circumstance percentage probably wont be an issue as hard to see either match being all that one sided so Lauderdale should hold onto 5th.
If Lauderdale win Friday night then they will more than likely host Devonport in an Elimination final at Bellerive unless the Pies can belt North by 12 goals +.

What do you reckon Devonport will be hoping happens on Friday night? Hobart City to win so they have a crack at 4th but then risk missing out or Lauderdale winning so they are guaranteed a spot but probably not much chance of a home final.

What do you reckon Devonport will be hoping happens on Friday night? Hobart City to win so they have a crack at 4th but then risk missing out or Lauderdale winning so they are guaranteed a spot but probably not much chance of a home final.
As you say Devonport's only chance of a home final is if Hobart City win so I suppose that's what they would be hoping for but really their fate is in their own hands. If Hobart City does win Devonport must also win to finish 5th as percentage will give Lauderdale 5th spot for sure in my opinion. On the weekends form I would tip Lauderdale reasonably comfortably over Hobart City but you never know. Devonport beat North Launceston by 6 or 7 goals last time they played them so a Devonport win is very possible but I would tipping North by 3 or 4 goals. I am tipping Lauderdale to finish 4th a game clear of Devonport who will finish 5th on percentage from Hobart City. This weekends game between Burnie and Glenorchy should be good but the game is a dead rubber with nothing to be gained by either side apart from a psychological advantage so I don't imagine either side will take any risks with injured players especially Burnie as they have the qualifying final the next week.

As you say Devonport's only chance of a home final is if Hobart City win so I suppose that's what they would be hoping for but really their fate is in their own hands. If Hobart City does win Devonport must also win to finish 5th as percentage will give Lauderdale 5th spot for sure in my opinion. On the weekends form I would tip Lauderdale reasonably comfortably over Hobart City but you never know. Devonport beat North Launceston by 6 or 7 goals last time they played them so a Devonport win is very possible but I would tipping North by 3 or 4 goals. I am tipping Lauderdale to finish 4th a game clear of Devonport who will finish 5th on percentage from Hobart City. This weekends game between Burnie and Glenorchy should be good but the game is a dead rubber with nothing to be gained by either side apart from a psychological advantage so I don't imagine either side will take any risks with injured players especially Burnie as they have the qualifying final the next week.

The one thing Devonport have on there side is North aren't really playing for anything with there position locked in no matter what.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its been a big week in footy:p

Final round.

I'll say Lauderdale by 1 over NHCFC. Too many injuries at Argyle st.
I'll say Burnie by 1 over Glenorchy. No result would surprise me.
Launy by 21 over Storm
North launy by 31 over Devonport
Clarence over KT by 51.

Few beers tonight & a feed at the Mustard Pot & then off to the basketball at Creek road. Its been a while since I've been so should be a good tussle. Launceston V Hobart SEABL Womens semi final. North V South, maybe get some biffo, or maybe at 'the Pot' before hand:rolleyes:???

Its been a big week in footy:p

Final round.

I'll say Lauderdale by 1 over NHCFC. Too many injuries at Argyle st.
I'll say Burnie by 1 over Glenorchy. No result would surprise me.
Launy by 21 over Storm
North launy by 31 over Devonport
Clarence over KT by 51.

Few beers tonight & a feed at the Mustard Pot & then off to the basketball at Creek road. Its been a while since I've been so should be a good tussle. Launceston V Hobart SEABL Womens semi final. North V South, maybe get some biffo, or maybe at 'the Pot' before hand:rolleyes:???

You didn't miss much at North Hobart oval, the boys from Letitia street never fired a shot, must have been a tad embarrassing for them after the way a few of there players carried on the last time they played Lauderdale.

You didn't miss much at North Hobart oval, the boys from Letitia street never fired a shot, must have been a tad embarrassing for them after the way a few of there players carried on the last time they played Lauderdale.

It was the same as last week. To be fair, they've been decimated by injury. They'll have a lot of work to do over the cricket season.

It was the same as last week. To be fair, they've been decimated by injury. They'll have a lot of work to do over the cricket season.

Hopefully the lighting can be improved if they intend on playing more night matches at the ground, terrible viewing for spectators

Last edited:
A bit late with the tips. Lauderdale beating Hobart City was no real surprise. That result has made todays game between Devonport and North Launy a dead rubber as Devonport cant get 4th spot but cant lose 5th spot either but I think North will win by 25.
Launceston to beat Storm by 15
Clarence over Tigers by 35
The game at KGV should be very interesting but again nothing riding on it in terms of ladder positions. Its very hard to pick but I will say Glenorchy by 10 points due to home ground advantage. I hope the weather is good and we see a good game of footy !

Burnie V North Launceston Saturday 1pm at West Park

Lauderdale V Devonport Saturday 2pm at Bellerive

Good Article by Martin Flanagan of the Age from yesterday "An open letter to AFL boss Gil McLachlan: show Tassie some respect" talking about the State of the game In Tasmania and especially the SWL, makes some very good points IMO.

The bit about Western Storm is most significant especially when combined with there massive fall onfield from last year

When AFL Tasmania effectively replaced another of the State's old clubs, South Launceston, with a franchise a few kilometres away called Western Storm, North Launceston queried the business plan put forward by AFL Tasmania. Now, two years later, Western Storm is, to quote North Launceston president Thane Brady, "in a mess" with negative consequences for the other TSL teams.

Last edited:
Good Article by Martin Flanagan of the Age from yesterday "An open letter to AFL boss Gil McLachlan: show Tassie some respect" talking about the State of the game In Tasmania and especially the SWL, makes some very good points IMO.

The bit about Western Storm is most significant especially when combined with there massive fall onfield from last year

When AFL Tasmania effectively replaced another of the State's old clubs, South Launceston, with a franchise a few kilometres away called Western Storm, North Launceston queried the business plan put forward by AFL Tasmania. Now, two years later, Western Storm is, to quote North Launceston president Thane Brady, "in a mess" with negative consequences for the other TSL teams.
Interesting article which I agree with on the whole but Martin didn't tell the full story relating to one of his comments. He said 2 teams don't even field a reserves team which in itself is true but he didn't say that those 2 teams field seniors, reserves and under 18's in the local regional completion. It may have been an honest mistake or maybe he was trying to make things look as bleak as possible.

Interesting article which I agree with on the whole but Martin didn't tell the full story relating to one of his comments. He said 2 teams don't even field a reserves team which in itself is true but he didn't say that those 2 teams field seniors, reserves and under 18's in the local regional completion. It may have been an honest mistake or maybe he was trying to make things look as bleak as possible.

Yes, but when the other teams play the two teams without a "Development" squad, it leaves those guys without a game. Hardly a good outcome for the state's top tier league.

What if the senior coach want's to play a player running around in the development league the following week but wants just one more look at him. oh no, the development league isn't playing this week, we'll have to wait until next week. There are a number of disadvantages, and this is just one of them.

Yes, but when the other teams play the two teams without a "Development" squad, it leaves those guys without a game. Hardly a good outcome for the state's top tier league.

What if the senior coach want's to play a player running around in the development league the following week but wants just one more look at him. oh no, the development league isn't playing this week, we'll have to wait until next week. There are a number of disadvantages, and this is just one of them.

No it doesn't, the two teams who are playing the coastal sides in the seniors play each other in the development league

No it doesn't, the two teams who are playing the coastal sides in the seniors play each other in the development league

I haven't gone through the entire fixture but in round 5 for example; In the TSL, North Launceston played Devonport and Clarence played Burnie; and in the same round for the Dev. TSL, both North Launceston and Clarence had a bye. Like I said, I haven't gone through the entire fixture, so the same might not be the case for the other rounds.

In any case the dev. tsl sides with the bye playing each other stretches an already resource tight match-day team: trainers; water carriers; doctors; physios; and whoever else sports roles across both the senior and development sides.

The point I am making, and don't get me wrong, there needs to be an "elite" competition, but how can the top tier comp have clubs not fielding sides in all grades? In my opinion, Martin's article is a beauty and highlights perfectly the disconnect between the clubs and governing body that is AFL/AFL Tasmania.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back