Gerard Healy

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldnt have said it better myself, he is so biased and one sided it makes me sick, he led the pick the Eagles for the 2013 premier campaign that infected the whole media, was pretty funny to see how that ended up. Also funny to see him back onboard leading another charge after the Eagles beat up on WB and Melbourne then scraping home against the Saints. No surprises this year the media all jumped on Fremantle, was this led by Gerard? I would suspect so
You forgot to mention the anti-hawthorn bias

Couldnt have said it better myself, he is so biased and one sided it makes me sick, he led the pick the Eagles for the 2013 premier campaign that infected the whole media, was pretty funny to see how that ended up. Also funny to see him back onboard leading another charge after the Eagles beat up on WB and Melbourne then scraping home against the Saints. No surprises this year the media all jumped on Fremantle, was this led by Gerard? I would suspect so

The whole media followed Healy & you blame Healy - hello !! What are you saying about the footy media, they are rubbish.

Gerard's been the best ex-footballer commentator in the game up until about the last 3 years.

He's still good, but he's not as insightful as some of the others now.

My take is that he hates the rolling maul that has taken over our game (I do too). And that this affects his ability to call a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha unlike the very vast majority of victorian commentators, he actually see's several WC matches.

His WC views aside, I think he's an outstanding expert commentator

I would say he is my favourite in terms of AFL along with Lethal. He has a distinctive voice and acknowledges that it is a national competition. He also adapts well across a number of formats: presenting on 3AW, On The Couch (which is an excellent show on a Monday night) and of course co-commentating during games.

He often starts to try to make a point before he has finished forming his thoughts, which causes him to pause/stutter to check himself half-way and finish what he is saying off really awkwardly. A little bit like Ian Healy. Has anyone else noticed this?

He often starts to try to make a point before he has finished forming his thoughts, which causes him to pause/stutter to check himself half-way and finish what he is saying off really awkwardly. A little bit like Ian Healy. Has anyone else noticed this?
Did you write this after the call about how they leave a man outside the zoning up for the shot on goal so they have the extra number for the quick kickout that means there's always a loose man and it seems to really be working for them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back