Get on the Clive train, vote for Clive

Remove this Banner Ad

The pics they used for Clive, Gardiner and Goddard are all shocking.

In the case of Gardiner and Goddard it's clearly a conspiracy to steer the vote in the direction of their AFL lovechild opponents, but Banfield was one of the most boring players in AFL history so I can't figure out why they would want anyone to vote for him.

His boundary rider work was anything but boring though.

Nearly every Australian feels the same as you brother.

Unfortunately the folks at AFL house are un-Australian, and not taking the semi-final appearance of Clive very seriously.

Have you ever seen Drew 'deer in the headlights' Banfield do this:

Video shows actual speed of Clive

I like how the video is the exact length of the song.

I first laid on eyes on Clive at the Geoff Marsh Testimonial cricket match at the WACA in the summer of 95/96, his mullet was stunning in the sun but I am not sure his pasty white skin enjoyed the day. Alas, Clive took part in the days festivities during the tea break where he was unfortunately the victim of someone sabotaging his sunglasses, the aim of the game was to push a giant bouncy ball through some goals but as soon as Clive's sunglasses were destroyed he spent the remaining time hell bent on getting his revenge.

I was only 13 at the time but despite my young age and being of the same sex I fell in love hard and have never been the same.

Clive's greatest day was when he kicked 7 in the demo derby to lead freo from 42 points down to a magnificent 1 pt win. Earlier in the week at the press conference Clive predicted that "blood would be spilt", 7 goals & 3 brownlow votes later I was even more madly in love & was able to meet Clive post game for an autograph.

Clive was phenomenal in 2000 kicking over 50 goals and imo being stiff to miss out on AA, he played his heart out in a team of no names & duds to give me some reason for going to the footy ever 2nd week.

Years would pass before a 2003 Fremantle family day that would go down as my life's greatest moment when I got to take a photo with Clive, this photo is my most treasured memory.

I love you CLIVE!

This is perhaps the noblest cause I have ever had the privilege to be part of. He'll want to come home like steam train in the last quarter, though, old Clive, Banfield ahead 70-30 at this stage... Could this be a Nat146 vs Renee Tong conspiracy all over again, everyone is voting Clive, yet the needle isn't moving - bot-shenanigans?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

29586764-1f40-11e3-9b18-0edf429ca16a_743085040--646x363.jpg

Go Clive, go

There are moments in time when individuals can realise their place in the universe. Where they can foresee the impact of their decisions and the improbable effects on the course of human history, even acting as part of a collective in doing so

Today is one of those moments

This is bigger than all of us, and at the same time, represents something smaller within each of us

#voteclive

Remove this Banner Ad

Back