Get your 20c ready!

Remove this Banner Ad

From today's Tiser. Good to see the education system finally being put to good use!

A visit to spread the word of love to Carr
By Michelangelo Rucci
25aug04

PORT ADELAIDE vice-captain Josh Carr is standing firm – he says he will not make a decision on his new contract or a move to Fremantle until the end of the season.

The 24-year-old midfielder explains his mission to give the Power its best chance of winning this year's AFL premiership must not be distracted by the emotional issue of choosing between his team-mates at Alberton and his family in Perth and brother Matthew at the Dockers.
But emotions will run high this afternoon at Power training at Alberton Oval when 18 schoolchildren from the Our Lady of the Visitation Catholic school will present to Carr their appeal for him to stay at Port.

For the past fortnight the schoolchildren have prepared a 20-page book titled `The Story of a Living Legend' telling how they see Carr's part in the Power team and their messages calling on him to stay at Alberton.

The appeal to Carr is comparable to how a young Western Bulldogs fan emptied his money box and sent the 20 cents it contained to Chris Grant in 1996 to avert his move to the Power.

The Carr project was inspired by former teacher Eve Mitchell.

"She read in the Power magazine how (coach) Mark Williams wanted the Port supporters to make it known how much they wanted to keep Josh, so Eve suggested we do something with the school," teacher Sue Connor said yesterday.

Year 7 teacher Sandra Lewis has had her students write the storyline and every class at OLV at Taperoo has had its students write their personal message to Carr.

"If it makes him stay, we'll be happy we've played our part," Connor said.

"If he then wants to go home to his family, we'll understand."

The schoolchildrens' appeal to Carr follows the large banner on display in the outer of Port games at AAMI Stadium saying: "Josh, please stay".

Carr admits he has been touched by the Port fans' gestures to keep him at Alberton and they will be taken into account when he makes his career-defining decision to stay with the Power or seek a trade to Fremantle.

Haha, laying on the guilt!

We're in desperate need of some wheelchair bound carr supporters :p

......Hurriedly looking for a picture of my two year old taken with Carry in 2003 before the Richmond game at Telstra Dome. The two other pics I took included Nick Judas Stevens and Cockatoo Collins...

Dear Mr Carr..

Please stay with the Power because I think you are the best. You are my favorite player and I sleep with your photo under my pillow.........

From Luke

.....press send....

Scott said:
At the Government Reception in Darwin for the Western Bulldogs, Brian Cunningham was having a very long chat to Chris Grant, Bucky advised that we had upped the anti to forty cents.

Probably offered Grant an assistant coaching job.

Scott said:
At the Government Reception in Darwin for the Western Bulldogs, Brian Cunningham was having a very long chat to Chris Grant, Bucky advised that we had upped the anti to forty cents.
I knew I would come up with the evidence sometime soon.

RenBuckyAndChrisGrant_small.jpg

Here is Bucky and Chris Grant in Darwin with Port1978 just after she came up with the 40c

Damian Hardwick one year, Chris Grant the next!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back