GFL GFL - 2011 PRE season !

Remove this Banner Ad

St Albans have snared Chris Oliver and Lauchie Longmire from the Ovens and Murray Footy League. Oliver is a former interleague ruckman who spent a couple of years on St Kilda's list and Longmire, who played for Port Melbourne and Northern Bullants, is a midfielder. Very handy pick ups!

Heard from 2 different sources this morning that Greaves is leaving Leopold to take the Falcons job vacated by Hoody

Saw West Saints getting into pre-season training today at Blue West oval. Had pretty good numbers there.

Heard Doug say something along the lines of improving skills for next year as that let them down a bit last season.

If they can do that they should win a few more games as their fitness and desire were never something to question last season.

Correct 100%
Hood has been hired by Geelong FC in some sort of developmental role I believe.
A great opportunity for Greaves there, would be a bit disappointing for the Polda's after the progress made this year, but certainly you couldn't begrudge a bloke moving into sub-elite coaching, hopefully they can secure a new coach quickly and continue their improvement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When do clubs start pre season? Did Joeys and St Albans start last night, if so how did they go with numbers and any noticeably changes/recruits or key players missing?

When do clubs start pre season? Did Joeys and St Albans start last night, if so how did they go with numbers and any noticeably changes/recruits or key players missing?

Dragacevic is going overseas and wont be playing this year, Pat Tucker has already gone to the UK. Ben Evens gone to north Ballarat, Booth to west/saints, davenport plus a few of his players gone. I hope they have a few recruits to fill the void left by these players or there may be no improvement for the supersaints this season.

Not sure about the Cats VFL but know that Jye Walker, Kev Bourke and Sam Hughes from Leopold are all doing a pre season at North Ballarat Roosters

Any clubs looking for new Sherrin footballs for pre-season training, i have red and yellow blemish balls for sale at $70 each. Blemish means they are seconds balls and have slight defects, most of which are barely noticable and wont affect the performance of the ball (small smudge on the writing/scratch/etc). Any questions or to order please contact me at theballguy@live.com.au i am based in Geelong so pick-up will not be a problem. Cheers

Waldron gone to bell park gleeson gone up bush

Hey hosco1.
Loving what i'm hearing from Grovedales new coach, G.Tanner.
Great with the young blokes and 90% of list is under 23.
Tells it how it is, no B.S.
Think he'll be a great acquisition for the Tigers.
Looking forward to seeing some improvement in 2011.

coached st albans before p.dav and think he was at queenscliffe before that? dont know too much about him but hes their man.

I think Leopold tried to get him as an assistant last season but he wanted a year off. Has a good footy brain and has done alot of coaching courses ran by AFL coaches. Just didnt have the cattle to carry out a gameplan at st albans i think. Could be a good move from the polders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back