Universal Love Horlin-Smith - '20 and 3'

Remove this Banner Ad

His best game for the club yes better than the Sydney game.
Has been made to earn his place and fine tune his game in the Vfl but the results were shown tonight.
The clubs decision to retire some of our older players has given GHS and others to be given their opportunity to cement a permanent spot and the fruits will come to bear from now on.
Kudos to him the coaching panel and the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those of us who backed him at the start of last season are now very content.

I wonder how many still want him running around in the VFL.

I know right. I said after the pre season he deserved to play over Caddy and barely no one would have a bar of it. He smashed the Sydney game and I thought he was safe but then he got injured and barely played again. Was not impressed. Just like I defended Guthrie when virtually everyone wanted him dropped. Both kids are guns. Future 200 gamers.

Horlin-Smith, Hunt and I think to a much lesser extent Caddy have been a little undervalued for a little while on this board but we are seeing how important all three blokes are beginning to become.

Hyphen is ranked 4th for contested footy, 2nd for goals kicked, equal 3rd for clearances and even more surprisingly, he's ranked equal 5th for contested marks at the club as I believe the opposition overlook or underestimate his size (188cm) and he gets the better of opponents when going forward.

I've been saying for weeks Horlin is a much bigger guy than drafted, standing next to Murdoch about the same and he's a solid bugger. Who says you have to be fast if you know where to stand, it's easy!

who'd have thought footy smarts would be of value

doubt many would want to trade him for a 3rd round pick to the crows anymore (as laughable as those sort of statements were)

Be prepared for a few more ordinary games from GHS . Kids will be up and down a bit.
This game suggests strongly however that he will be a key mid this year and in years to come, but at 13 games only he will have a few downers. It seems at the cattery about 25 games is the mark where a below best game is still useful. Murdoch seems to have reached that point.

With GHS in and under amongst Motlop, Varcoe ,Guthrie,Stokes Bundy Duncan etc his value is magnified.

I third it, and here I was that got bashed from pillow to post when I posted that he had a good pre -season n sel rates him as future capt. Sooooooo to those.....*finger over lips shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lol, no I think the Hawkins hand over the mouth is more apt here.

I know right. I said after the pre season he deserved to play over Caddy and barely no one would have a bar of it. He smashed the Sydney game and I thought he was safe but then he got injured and barely played again. Was not impressed. Just like I defended Guthrie when virtually everyone wanted him dropped. Both kids are guns. Future 200 gamers.

Well done GHS, 2 & 1/4 very solid games, this might be controversial but i feel ATM he is a better rounded player than Caddy (more of a natural player and not so much reliant on crash and bash). Hopefully in the weeks to come the MC allow him to cement his spot. Cads needs to lift as hes flattened off since a good start to year.

Nice to wake up and read all the GHS love this morning, much deserved :thumbsu:.

GHS played a composed, tough and desperate game last night. Fits into our contested style of play to a tee. Has always shown glimpses, and has really had to "earn" his place in the team, which he's more than done the last couple of weeks.

He got the 3 votes on one of the radio stations too. People are sitting up and taking notice of our "new" tough #33. Was a pleasure to watch :).

Brown should not come back for quite a while. Blicavs game was far better than Brown will ever put up
We had Tomahawk and McIntosh as forward targets, we won't be able to get away with that against Hawthorn, Mitch Brown isn't a superstar but Blicavs is not undropable at this point.
We need another key forward if only to ensure Tomahawk isn't consistently double teamed by Hawthorn defenders.

MAde the comment in game thread that we need to re-sign Guthrie now. Hyphen should be second...

Awesome game. I expect he will be targeted next week as will Guthrie but Hypen is just purring right now....

Awesome game from him. Too bad we have to get rid of him because he is "slow"..o_O

Go Catters
Have said it a billion times, but people go on and on to the contrary, pace is seriously overrated by many in AFL football. There are so many other qualities just as critical as having leg speed that hyphen has

Remove this Banner Ad

Back