Preview Geelong V Hawks Mon Apr1 2024 @MCG 320pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is chocolate shaped like eggs wrapped in coloured foil.

Means only 1 thing.

Easter Monday Cats v Hawks at the G.

And its Tom Hawkins 350th.
786 career goals and counting.
Individual

Its a fair list.

And he's still going strong. Is he the 2012 version of Tomma... clearly not.. but he's adapted his game to suit his disposition better now IMO.
And when you compare him to say Buddy in his last season... he's clearly moving better and having far more influence.. perhaps even to suggest 1 more for the Tommahawk?!?! Why stop at 18 if fit, healthy and still contributing!

Of course, we only need to look at last year to understand the Hawks will be up for this one. Ladder position and previous results bare no relevance.

This is Cats V Hawks - its just different.

We are coming off 2 straight wins and already the depth is being tested - and its holding up

PFD will be questionable after the Hammy awareness. Bruhn may or may not be back. Mitch will be sleep deprived. Atkins also a question although the 10 days might help him.

And the Hawks wil be ready. Dont look at 0-2 and expect a cake walk. These games have a deep history and both sides will draw on that and that makes it close, hard and a tough affair.

They say they never get up more as each game gets the same meaning..

I say BS - its Tomma's 350th and you dont want to be the one nnot giving it everything all the time.

Get it done Geelong
Get it done for Tommy.

Go Catters

Likely to be without our two prime mids, and potentially with a second gamer in the ruck if the rumours of a broken hand for Stanley are true.

Hawks will get slammed by the media all week while we are being talked about as being back in business.

Hawk’s milestone should keep us focused, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous for this one.

Likely to be without our two prime mids, and potentially with a second gamer in the ruck if the rumours of a broken hand for Stanley are true.

Hawks will get slammed by the media all week while we are being talked about as being back in business.

Hawk’s milestone should keep us focused, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous for this one.
TBH I am always nervous. I was nervous at three quarter time in the 2007 granny. Despite the outs we should win this. Even if a bit undermanned in the middle we have got a strong backline to go on the counter attack.

This is the game I'd like to have Rohan available I'd plonk him straight onto Sicily.Who else maybe Tuohy forward on Sicily and Close on a wing with some relief midfield work.We should win and win well anyway but let's not take anything for granted.We need this one to Frank our first two efforts of the season.

Hate games like this...Hawks will be up and about.
Hope our boys don't buy into media hype.

The same media who was bagging them all offseason about how old and slow they were and the young kids weren't impressive.
Now all of a sudden they think we are top 4 potential?

* right off with that bandwagon bullshit.

I haven't caught up with that is there a link or was it hearsay?

Hmm depending on availability

Danger out injured Stanley out injured/rested Knevitt and Mullin out omitted.

If all fit
In Bruhn, Atkins, Duncan, Conway and Bowes for a rested Clark or dropping Parfitt(would be harsh).

Tuohy Sub

(Log in to remove this ad.)

angry captain hook GIF

Hate games like this...Hawks will be up and about.
Hope our boys don't buy into media hype.

The same media who was bagging them all offseason about how old and slow they were and the young kids weren't impressive.
Now all of a sudden they think we are top 4 potential?

* right off with that bandwagon bullshit.
The worst one I've seen was over the weekend, might have been Cooney.

Can't find a quote but he said something along the lines of this:

"They've got such a strong defence behind the ball. Stewart obviously, De Koning is a great young player, Henry is back and is a star.

The forward line with those two big guys up there, and the smalls with Miers, Stengle, Close & now Dempsey.

Holmes will run through the midfield, Bruhn will run through the midfield, Clark now as another young player.

It seems like Geelong won't be going down for a while"

What s**ts me is WE KNEW THAT ALREADY. This isn't new information.

Every living Geelong supporter could have told you all of that at any point over the off-season...you just didn't listen.

It's the same on SEN last week. Kane, Gerard, & Hodgey where discussing how good our young talent is

Mentioned Dempsey, Clark, Holmes, Bruhn, Bowes, even Conway & Knevitt.

...Again..if you'd actually bothered to do any research you would have known this...but you didn't.

I know it's not that big of a deal..but all of these pundits are getting paid to do this. It isn't charity, they are paid for their opinions, and so called 'analysis'.

To get it so wrong so consistently would get you the lemon & sass in any other industry...but in this one, we just allow the same drivel for 15 years....and then they wonder why Geelong supporters call them out on their BS.

The worst one I've seen was over the weekend, might have been Cooney.

Can't find a quote but he said something along the lines of this:

"They've got such a strong defence behind the ball. Stewart obviously, De Koning is a great young player, Henry is back and is a star.

The forward line with those two big guys up there, and the smalls with Miers, Stengle, Close & now Dempsey.

Holmes will run through the midfield, Bruhn will run through the midfield, Clark now as another young player.

It seems like Geelong won't be going down for a while"

What s**ts me is WE KNEW THAT ALREADY. This isn't new information.

Every living Geelong supporter could have told you all of that at any point over the off-season...you just didn't listen.

It's the same on SEN last week. Kane, Gerard, & Hodgey where discussing how good our young talent is

Mentioned Dempsey, Clark, Holmes, Bruhn, Bowes, even Conway & Knevitt.

...Again..if you'd actually bothered to do any research you would have known this...but you didn't.

I know it's not that big of a deal..but all of these pundits are getting paid to do this. It isn't charity, they are paid for their opinions, and so called 'analysis'.

To get it so wrong so consistently would get you the lemon & sass in any other industry...but in this one, we just allow the same drivel for 15 years....and then they wonder why Geelong supporters call them out on their BS.

They are paid to pump up various teams which they do incessantly.

To acknowledge what the Cats have done for 20+ years is boring and also too many of the commentators really do not like us IMO. And that bias comes out. Often.

if dangers hammy rumours are true then this is likely my ins and outs

IN: Conway, Bowes (if ready)
OUT: Stanley, Danger

sub will be knevitt again

this is OUR game every year. kill them

Duncan?

That is interesting - I hadn’t heard that. But I did see that after the game he had a massive amount of ice wrapped around his hand. And it was his left hand (which I thought was strange as if it was soreness it would be his rucking hand).

I think in any event they will play Toby and rest Stanley for the Gather Round - of course if broken hand that make it more likely

In: Conway, Duncan, Bruhn, Atkins
Out: Stanley (inj or rest), Knevitt, Mullin, Parfitt
Sub (Mannagh)

Now this looks like a lot of unforced changes from a team that is 2-0, and that is not what Geelong does…but I think they will view the changes from the SELECTED round 2 team - in that case they are just bringing back Bruhn from injury and rotating the ruckman with a 5 day break to round 4 (or indeed Stanley maybe injured)

I didn’t have Bowes back in yet - would not be surprised if he is ready that they play him a half in the VFL to test him?

in that case

IN: conway, bowes, duncan
OUT: stanley, danger, knevitt

Clark is the sub
Bruhn will be ready. I'd say both him and Bowes will be, but I'd be betting on Bruhn if comes down to that.

We're notorious now for not risking soft tissue injuries, particularly someone like Jack who's had a history with them.

I'd expect Atkins to be ready to go too, but we might give him another week for similar reasons.

Bruhn's just got a sprained ankle, if we can't get him up for a 10 day break after already missing a week then we're taking the piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back