Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a Quick Look and the cheapest seats are $60
Not many people go alone so they would be up for a minimum $120
Plus card charges $130
Spend roughly $50 on food and drinks, I really don’t blame people

It is becoming unaffordable
I bought a 3-game ticket yesterday and reserved a seat for tomorrow's all-ticketed game for $0.

No more $0 seats left? I'm guessing I'll be a fair way from the action but can't complain on a $60 saving.

The 3-game ticket was $105 and allows me to take my 4-year-old for free providing he sits on my lap.

Continuing to have a lot of 30+ year olds is not a change.

Agree the gap is now in prime years.

No proven elite mids/KPFs isn’t new either. The last time we had either would have been when Joel and Hawk were that young.
The second change is, like I said, that we have no proven elite mids/KPFs under 30, i.e. in or approaching their prime.
Cameron, Dangerfield, Stewart have only recently left the “prime” 26-29 bracket. Selwood and Hawk just a few years before them.

Undeniable demographic change and certainly the most uncertain time since the mid-2000s. 2015 we had Hawk and Sel even if we hadn’t landed Danger.

He is so easy to listen to. Especially pre game
For all the rubbish he cops, there's not a coach in the league I'd rather have as the face of our club.

McRae would go close, but doesn't have the longevity/runs on the board that Scotty does. Likewise Kingsley.

Clarko & Dimma...with their controversies, no thanks...and then it's a huge gap to the rest of the league.

Nobody's got it better than us.

The second change is, like I said, that we have no proven elite mids/KPFs under 30, i.e. in or approaching their prime.
Cameron, Dangerfield, Stewart have only recently left the “prime” 26-29 bracket. Selwood and Hawk just a few years before them.

Undeniable demographic change and certainly the most uncertain time since the mid-2000s. 2015 we had Hawk and Sel even if we hadn’t landed Danger.
You're right, but your projecting on what we know right at this moment in time. 6 months down the road, and it could be a very different story.

We haven't had a group with the potential of SDK, Holmes, Clark, Bruhn, Henry, COS, Dempsey, & Conway coming through since the early 2000s.

Even our second tier guys like Knevitt, Neale, Edwards, Humphries & Mullin are better placed than a lot of what we had in that timeline.

While you're correct that in 2015/16 we had Hawkins & Selwood, who was the level below that coming through? Murdoch? GHS? Smedts? Hayball? Parsons? Yuck. It's not even close, and it's why a guy like Dangerfield HAD to be the saviour.

Whether through injury, bad luck, lack of development, or mismanagement...that was the situation. We needed him to come in and play unbelievable football, making us competitive, but completely top heavy as well.

Guys like Duncan, Guthrie & Menzel were a couple years older, and more akin the the Close, Miers, Stengle, Zuthrie, Jack Henry, & Bowes group we've got coming through.

A group that is much bigger, and has already demonstrated as much - if not more - potential upside.

The point I'm trying to make is it wouldn't take a miracle for this to be the case by the end of the year, and it would completely change the analysis you've given:

- Max Holmes looks like a legit A grade star

- Likewise SDK, even if he just reverts to his 2022 self.

- Jhye Clark looks like a future star/captain material.

- Ollie Henry is a 50 goal a year player in just his 4th season, and on the verge of AA selection.

- Tanner Bruhn becomes a consistent 20-30 disposal possession midfielder week to week, who you can rely on to always get the job done (Like a Corey/Ling/Kelly)

- Ollie Dempsey cements himself as best 22 with a 30 goal season with flashes of brilliance.

- Connor O'Sullivan demonstrates his sky high potential while developing in the VFL.

We haven't had anything like that since the core of the dynasty side where running around at the same age.

It puts us in a different position where we can add a Bailey Smith, a Clayton Oliver, or a Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, or whoever it may be to help finish it off, rather than to come in and be the saviour like Danger once did.

Or, we can just keep adding through the draft and look to peak in 2-3 years. Either scenario is better than the top heavy time periods you reference, where we if Dangerwood didn't fire, then we looked like a bottom 6 side.

Listening to SEN before and there’s a new option called SEN SYNC

You can click on that and it sinks to your Kayo, no idea how it works but finally another option
In the past if I know I'm not going to pause it, I sync it up with SEN. Though Brereton was on last night so I skipped it.

I bought a 3-game ticket yesterday and reserved a seat for tomorrow's all-ticketed game for $0.

No more $0 seats left? I'm guessing I'll be a fair way from the action but can't complain on a $60 saving.

The 3-game ticket was $105 and allows me to take my 4-year-old for free providing he sits on my lap.
Be aware ever other game at Geelong that isn’t classified as a sell out will cost you $30 on top of that.
My point was the non members coming from Melbourne “saints supporters”

My tickets for tomorrow were free but my 2 tickets vs Port were $65 and my 2 tickets vs Richmond were $80

Like I said, that’s nothing new. It was the case two years ago when we won a flag.

Be aware ever other game at Geelong that isn’t classified as a sell out will cost you $30 on top of that.
My point was the non members coming from Melbourne “saints supporters”

My tickets for tomorrow were free but my 2 tickets vs Port were $65 and my 2 tickets vs Richmond were $80
I was told by the person who served me at the Cats Shop that the ticket I have allows me to get in on a '1st in, best dressed' basis - in other words, I can take whatever free seat I can grab when I walk in. I haven't been to a game in years - hope I wasn't told a crock or misunderstood her drift :(

Nope, Cameron turned 30 last year. (& Cuthrie the final round of the 2022 H&A, depending if you rate him “elite” - wasnt AA)
If Cameron is any less in his prime now than he was two years ago, I’ll be delighted to enjoy his post-prime football this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought I would put our list transition in a chart, because I like charts.

Age in rows, year of season in columns, total games experience in that year of age in the cell.

image001 (1).png

Coloured for red in low games experience, green for high. Chat starts in 2011 and you can see the guys from the 07-11 era aging out and being replaced with guys aged about 21-23 in around 2013

That group carries through to current day having added players in approximately the same age bracket along the way.

You can also see the new group coming through where this year we have 123 games in 21 and under, whereas last year that experience was only exceeded once you got to 24 and under.

It's a question of the relative strength and ability to reinforce a wave

You can click on that and it sinks to your Kayo, no idea how it works but finally another option
oooh.. now we need the KROCK Docking Clock... K rock Football LOL!

GO Catters

I was told by the person who served me at the Cats Shop that the ticket I have allows me to get in on a '1st in, best dressed' basis - in other words, I can take whatever free seat I can grab when I walk in. I haven't been to a game in years - hope I wasn't told a crock or misunderstood her drift :(
That will be true but limited to the small section of walk up seats. (Located in front of standing room IIRC)

You're right, but your projecting on what we know right at this moment in time. 6 months down the road, and it could be a very different story.

We haven't had a group with the potential of SDK, Holmes, Clark, Bruhn, Henry, COS, Dempsey, & Conway coming through since the early 2000s.

Even our second tier guys like Knevitt, Neale, Edwards, Humphries & Mullin are better placed than a lot of what we had in that timeline.

While you're correct that in 2015/16 we had Hawkins & Selwood, who was the level below that coming through? Murdoch? GHS? Smedts? Hayball? Parsons? Yuck. It's not even close, and it's why a guy like Dangerfield HAD to be the saviour.

Whether through injury, bad luck, lack of development, or mismanagement...that was the situation. We needed him to come in and play unbelievable football, making us competitive, but completely top heavy as well.

Guys like Duncan, Guthrie & Menzel were a couple years older, and more akin the the Close, Miers, Stengle, Zuthrie, Jack Henry, & Bowes group we've got coming through.

A group that is much bigger, and has already demonstrated as much - if not more - potential upside.

The point I'm trying to make is it wouldn't take a miracle for this to be the case by the end of the year, and it would completely change the analysis you've given:

- Max Holmes looks like a legit A grade star

- Likewise SDK, even if he just reverts to his 2022 self.

- Jhye Clark looks like a future star/captain material.

- Ollie Henry is a 50 goal a year player in just his 4th season, and on the verge of AA selection.

- Tanner Bruhn becomes a consistent 20-30 disposal possession midfielder week to week, who you can rely on to always get the job done (Like a Corey/Ling/Kelly)

- Ollie Dempsey cements himself as best 22 with a 30 goal season with flashes of brilliance.

- Connor O'Sullivan demonstrates his sky high potential while developing in the VFL.

We haven't had anything like that since the core of the dynasty side where running around at the same age.

It puts us in a different position where we can add a Bailey Smith, a Clayton Oliver, or a Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, or whoever it may be to help finish it off, rather than to come in and be the saviour like Danger once did.

Or, we can just keep adding through the draft and look to peak in 2-3 years. Either scenario is better than the top heavy time periods you reference, where we if Dangerwood didn't fire, then we looked like a bottom 6 side.
Stop it…my excitement levels are already too high! And nerves about then losing to St Kilda at home!

Just had a Quick Look and the cheapest seats are $60
Not many people go alone so they would be up for a minimum $120
Plus card charges $130
Spend roughly $50 on food and drinks, I really don’t blame people

It is becoming unaffordable

Was about to say the same thing.

If the club want a packed house each game, then it might be time to drop the prices, because in the current climate many people simply aren't going to pay those prices, and it will be such a shame that after a big deal surrounding the greater capacity and what it may mean for the club, we are potentially going to struggle to fill it.

Last edited:
Got tickets for the game! Excited. Hoping to see a massive crowd to make this newly refurbished ground an intimidating fortress for opposition teams to visit ✨

Tried it and found it was a tad behind the play on the 7-second Channel 7 broadcast. Maybe some tweaking is the reason it hasn't been officially launched yet.

I'll stick with ABC Sport. It isn't spot-on sync-wise but good enough.

Was about to say the same thing.

If the club want a packed house each game, then it might be time to drop the prices because in the current climate, many people simply aren't going to pay those prices, and it will be such a shame that after a big deal surrounding the greater capacity and what it may mean for the club, we are potentially going to struggle to fill it.
Seems to be an issue at all locations. Certainly the "G" and Marvel.

I thought I would put our list transition in a chart, because I like charts.

Age in rows, year of season in columns, total games experience in that year of age in the cell.

View attachment 1928564

Coloured for red in low games experience, green for high. Chat starts in 2011 and you can see the guys from the 07-11 era aging out and being replaced with guys aged about 21-23 in around 2013

That group carries through to current day having added players in approximately the same age bracket along the way.

You can also see the new group coming through where this year we have 123 games in 21 and under, whereas last year that experience was only exceeded once you got to 24 and under.

It's a question of the relative strength and ability to reinforce a wave

Can you make a version of games played that year?

Im just saying they have no A graders in their mids its a cast of B and C graders. But lyon coaches them well and yes they run well and are disciplined. But if we are finals material we should be beating them.
Agree PO, but I'm still not confident. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back