Universal Love Horlin-Smith - '20 and 3'

Remove this Banner Ad

love him... lucky this board isnt in charge of list management, cause apparently he was trade bait 3 weeks ago :)
Yeah, would like to have the time to go through some old threads and name and shame a few people here who know nothing about footy.

People need to get a clue - not every player can be like Selwood in terms of how quickly you can expect a major impact.

This thread is as much a back-patting exercise for those GHS apologists who now feel vindicated as much as it is a congratulatory or celebratory thread about his form. So for that, I'm proud to say that I can participate equally in both since I too had the fortitude as much as the foresight to express my views as I saw them as to why I thought the young man would make it as an AFL player.
So we actually have threads now just for self-congratulation? Wow.

So we actually have threads now just for self-congratulation? Wow.
I only made an observation about how the thread had turned into an "I told you so" by many on here who feel vindicated by GHS's great form as many on here were shot down for justifying why he would be a successful player. I certainly can't speak on behalf of the OP, but what I can say is that what I said was meant tongue in cheek.

I only made an observation about how the thread had turned into an "I told you so" by many on here who feel vindicated by GHS's great form as many on here were shot down for justifying why he would be a successful player. I certainly can't speak on behalf of the OP, but what I can say is that what I said was meant tongue in cheek.

Sorry mate, hard to gauge sarcasm sometimes! Agree with you. :D

True. I could of said McIntosh plays Browns role far better. We are rotating Blicavs, McIntosh and Simpson through the role that was destined for Brown because they do it much much better. We actually had a second tall option last night to take the pressure off Hawkins. It was fantastic. Brown was only average against Adelaide up to 3 qtr time. Kicked some nice opportunist midfielders goals in the last quarter, but thas not what he is needed for. It was only fancy icing, the cake was fairly stale and grew mouldy over the two following weeks.

Except Simpson rarely spends time there, and Blicavs none at all. McIntosh has absolutely shown he knows how to stay involved in the game and get possessions far more than any other big guy we have.

Except Simpson rarely spends time there, and Blicavs none at all. McIntosh has absolutely shown he knows how to stay involved in the game and get possessions far more than any other big guy we have.
Yeah its mostly McIntosh down deep in the forward line, but Simpson fills in occassionally as well when McIntosh has a spell in the ruck and Blicavs fills in ocassionally on the half forward line. It worked quite well on Saturday night and deserves a couple more games atleast to see if its a long term solution rather than just switching back to Brown or Walker.

Nah, it will be Jarred Jansen who has to be up to "Selwood standard" by his 5th game ;)
5th game? You are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too lenient.

From game 1 or GTFO. ;)

I'm wondering if we can get some gold stars ready for people who predict things correctly :) They get to have the gold star at the bottom of their avatar for the week- kind of like in primary school when they get 10/10 for mental maths :p

I want an Elephant stamp or I am not playing!

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As the OP I can honestly say that wasn't my intention, but I'm not disappointed it's gone down that road.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Yeah its mostly McIntosh down deep in the forward line, but Simpson fills in occassionally as well when McIntosh has a spell in the ruck and Blicavs fills in ocassionally on the half forward line. It worked quite well on Saturday night and deserves a couple more games atleast to see if its a long term solution rather than just switching back to Brown or Walker.
Hawthorn are going to have Lake, Gibson and Stratton playing down back, we need more than two tall forwards otherwise they'll double team Tomahawk. On top of that their midfielders roll back as well as any others in the game.
We need Tomahawk one on one with Lake, Brown on Stratton and HMac resting forward and having Gibson on him.
Any less leaves Gibson way too free to roam our forwardline doing as he pleases.
I'm all for giving games to kids and letting them get experience up, and Brown still fits into that category by the way, but at the same time we need our strongest team taking on Hawthorn because these wins/losses could end up the difference between second and third, a home final and an interstate trip.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

I'm claiming two then, I picked Guthrie and Horlin-Smith over a year ago.
Thats why I made the 'my boys' thread.

I was on Guthrie and GHS early. Cooled on GHS purely because of the way we are setting up.
But in 3 years, that 'my boys' thread will sort some bandwagoners out.

Someone can bump it if I'm dead :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back