Training Giants Pre-Season for season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-04/complete-guide-to-your-clubs-offseason
Training return: After reaching the preliminary final for the second-straight year, the Giants' first-to-fourth year players aren't due back until Monday, November 20. The older players will come back two weeks later on December 4.

But as is normally the case a few guys back into it a bit early

DOEYZ1zUIAABVHk.jpg

DOEw9CsVoAAhYEZ.jpg

DOEw9CrUMAARlTN.jpg

DOJjJnYUMAMutpL.jpg

DOJjJnYUMAAaN0G.jpg

Not TOJ, I thought it was Isaac Cumming
Tks
I guess he is distinctive. I'm a bit in two minds about the youngsters training early. Great to see the drive and commitment, just wonder if teenagers lives should be a bit carefully balanced. They'r really still growing up. I guess the club has pros at that kind of thing.
Phil Davis commented in hislastPidcastabout the "holidays" that require a strictdietandregular gym trips as well though.

I cant see Cameron, cant say it's not. Will concede to the group, my eyes peaked a long time ago.

Tks
I guess he is distinctive. I'm a bit in two minds about the youngsters training early. Great to see the drive and commitment, just wonder if teenagers lives should be a bit carefully balanced. They'r really still growing up. I guess the club has pros at that kind of thing.
Phil Davis commented in hislastPidcastabout the "holidays" that require a strictdietandregular gym trips as well though.

A lot of younger guys definitely had a good off-season away from football. Going by their social media, most of the guys made their way over to Bali at some point during the last two months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of younger guys definitely had a good off-season away from football. Going by their social media, most of the guys made their way over to Bali at some point during the last two months.
Some of the other places they go OS is bloody amazing. Actually, it's depressing....half their luck please...

Some of the other places they go OS is bloody amazing. Actually, it's depressing....half their luck please...
A couple of weeks a year. If you watched Phil Davis's last podcast he described the lack of an off season break. These days players are required to follow strict diets and even visit the gym in their breaks. They're well paid and it's volountary to be a player. I get that.
The pressure is increasing with time in the search for an advantage though. Not surprising to me we seem to be seeing more cracks, with mental health issues.

A couple of weeks a year. If you watched Phil Davis's last podcast he described the lack of an off season break. These days players are required to follow strict diets and even visit the gym in their breaks. They're well paid and it's volountary to be a player. I get that.
The pressure is increasing with time in the search for an advantage though. Not surprising to me we seem to be seeing more cracks, with mental health issues.
Yes, agree. Still, it would be nice to get to 10% of the places you see these guys get to in their time off.

Second year midfielder Tim Taranto was a standout in the time trial, crossing the finish line first. “I was pretty pumped to get started and get back into it,” said Taranto. “It’s a pretty dreadful day but once you get over the 3Ks, it’s just good to be around the boys again and I’m glad it’s over. “A fair few boys looked in really good shape... Taranto finished in front of forward Daniel Lloyd and rookie Jake Stein with midfielder Will Setterfield and new recruit Lachie Keeffe rounding out the top five.
http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2017-11-20/tarantos-terrific-time-trial

Remove this Banner Ad

Back