Given this is our best ever start to a season...

Remove this Banner Ad

... a tribute:

humblepie.jpg

It never tasted so good.

dyertribe said:
... a tribute:

humblepie.jpg

It never tasted so good.

You're going to have to ask the appropriate heavenly authorities for some help in reproducing the loaves and fishes trick DT.

There's just too many deserving of a piece of that pie!! ;) :p

Here's my pre-season prediction of the players you've listed:

Burton - Hack, trade him. Humble for me - blackberry thanks,

Kenny - Always been a big fan. Love his courage,

NC - Was my preferred option. Never been a big Wallets or Eade fan. Although, he has exceeded my expectations. Has a genuine love for the AFC. Could be the 5+ year coach supporters crave,

Bassett - Only thought he was an honest trier but with Rutts down back he is surely in AA contention,

Welsh - Haven't changed my mind. Classy forward who occasionally goes walkabout.

Mattner - Thought he was good, but not this good. Has jumped from the "transitional" list to the "first 10 selected" list in less then a season,

Huddo - see mattner,

Shirley - Was in my "transitional" list, not anymore. Love this little fella. Limited skill but big heart and a ton of courage. I see now why Pagan was a big fan,

Skipworth - Still believe he is a transitional player, who will/should be used for depth next year. Will be of concern if he is a regular in our midfield rotations,

Bock - One of my definite 2005 delistings in the pre-season. Has done enough to warrant remaining on the list. However, still undecided if he has what it takes.

The Dispenser - See Burton

I'm no oil painting but geeez Kenny, Pez, and Huddo have a fair bit of work to do in the grooming department. Do these guys deliberately go out of their way to look like they've been shagging camels in the outback for a month for the club mug-shot ????....I'm sure it must be a dare !!!!!...... :D

Lets see

Things i Was right about

- Skipworth
- Bock
- Craig
- Mattner

Things I was wrong about

- SHIRLEY
- BURTON
- MCLEOD
- OUR POSISTION ON THE LADDER

I'll call it breaking even :eek:

Things I was wrong about...
Bock
Doughty
Shirley
M.Stevens, Hart (thought Stevens would last and hart wouldn't)

Things I was right about...
Hudson
Mattner
Skipworth

This picture is now my desktop background. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back