Goddard labels other clubs 'unethical'

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like someone has been sent out on behalf of others to try and guilt trip possible departing players into staying.

If the players in question were going to be staying and are very happy where they are, there is no reason for Goddard or anyone else to be voicing their opinion on the matter in the media, it would all stay in house.

Anyone willing to guess Essendon will strike up a couple of bribery awards at the B & F night ( clubs do it ) and Ryder and Carlisle will be making their way to the stage to answer a couple of awkward questions about their future.

The Thursday night of the 1984 2nd Semi Final. That clown Sheedy and that prick Egan reported the Hawks to the drug squad who were at Hawthorn's door upsetting practice and their preparation for the finals. Sheedy and Egan reported that the Hawks were inhaling an illegal substance which was in fact a mixture of smelling salts and honey to clear the head after a knock. Guess what? We even had records to prove it.

A real cheap stunt from a cheap football club that will stop at nothing to achieve success. Ironic that 30 years down the track, these "moral watchdogs" are in genuine strife for use of illegal substances. And Goddard says OTHER clubs are unethical. What .... A ..... JOKE.

Whatever it Takes.

The Thursday night of the 1984 2nd Semi Final. That clown Sheedy and that prick Egan reported the Hawks to the drug squad who were at Hawthorn's door upsetting practice and their preparation for the finals. Sheedy and Egan reported that the Hawks were inhaling an illegal substance which was in fact a mixture of smelling salts and honey to clear the head after a knock. Guess what? We even had records to prove it.

A real cheap stunt from a cheap football club that will stop at nothing to achieve success. Ironic that 30 years down the track, these "moral watchdogs" are in genuine strife for use of illegal substances. And Goddard says OTHER clubs are unethical. What .... A ..... JOKE.

As opposed to the cleanskins at Hawthorn getting Don Scott to write his "Hitman" article in the '83 finals series. Paybacks a bitch.

From all reports Goddard loved the Saints and cried when he left. Is Free Agency unethical Brendon? Nah sorry. This is all a bit self serving from BJ. It's in his best interests for there not to be an exodus of good players from the club. But if the grounds exist, then it's fine that opposition clubs offer support for the players to exercise their right if they're wanting out.

Goddard being a sook again!

He's now realises that he did make a terrible error in judgement by leaving St Kilda to chase an elusive Premiership only to find his new club had been caught out experimenting with drug on their players ...... and now their best players may be able to walk and leave him with no chance to win a flag.

Apparently other clubs have been unethical! I didn't here him squealing unethical when clubs like the Melbourne and the Bulldogs lost Scully and Ward to GWS for ridiculous payments that neither club were in a position to match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So they were all payed under the table like the players at Coll and Carl?
Why would clubs have been paying players under the table prior to the introduction of the salary cap in 1987?

No doubt your post is based on something a relative or friend might have told you somewhere along the line & you just took it as gospel. Take it from me, people from past generations were as much prone to lying as our most recent generations.

It didn't happen. It didn't need to happen.

Number of *s given by other clubs as to whether it's "unethical" or not: Zero. At least I hope so, anyway.

BTW, my view has nothing to do with disliking Essendon, and everything to do with my desire for individual clubs to be more ruthless and business-like with player dealings, and ultimately do what's best for themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is unethical.

I can understand a player mabey wanting out but to actually have rival clubs dangle lots of $$$ and telling that player to use the drug get out clause is disrespectful especially if that player is happy and want's to go no where.

If Essendon hadn't been unethical injecting god knows what into their players then this would not be a problem. If Essendon want to see all things unethical just look in the mirror.

Why would clubs have been paying players under the table prior to the introduction of the salary cap in 1987?

No doubt your post is based on something a relative or friend might have told you somewhere along the line & you just took it as gospel. Take it from me, people from past generations were as much prone to lying as our most recent generations.

It didn't happen. It didn't need to happen.

Over the journey "under the table or not" I've no doubt Coll & Carl have had significantly deeper pockets than Ess to attract the best players from across the country.

Every club's in the same boat in needing to keep their required players happy. Hird/Dank/Robinson/someone has made that a little more difficult at Essendon.

Over the journey "under the table or not" I've no doubt Coll & Carl have had significantly deeper pockets than Ess to attract the best players from across the country.
It was the likes of Geelong, St Kilda, Melbourne & North Melbourne who started the splashing around of money in the '60s & '70s, other clubs then followed suit (if you look at the Carlton premiership sides of 1968, 1970, 1972 & 1979 you will see a predominance of players from our country & suburban zones whilst the likes of Crosswell, Jones & Jesaulenko were unknown players from Tassie & the ACT respectively).

So they were all payed under the table like the players at Coll and Carl?

Lol

It amazes me how Essendon supporters continue to rewrite history regarding the salary cap! The salary cap didn't even come in until 1987, so why would Carlton and Collingwood pay their players "under the table" during those years?!

Besides this, as much as Essendon supporters would have us believe otherwise, Essendon too are as bad as any other club regarding the salary cap. In fact they are the ONLY club that won a premiership whilst over the cap!!

But no they always point the finger at other clubs! At least Carlton supporters recognise our clubs mistakes.

Essendon complaining about ethics! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back