Gold Coast Suns - ASADA investigation of Dank, Bock & Robinson.

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd be naive to automatically equivocate recreational drug use to 'a problem'.

Might want to re-read my post. It's a problem for clubs, I never said that players who take pills, coke etc have a problem. Don't put words in my mouth champion.

I was being facetious Lance.

Its a ripping front page story: drugs shame, a young (aboriginal) football star who has got too big for his boots, a sport in peril from the drug menace, every **** wit ex player from King Thug Hally to Mad Dog Mooney, David Dickhead King and Brad Choker Johnson having their two bucks worth...

Sells papers to be sure. And will continue to do so. This much blood in the water will keep the frenzy firing for some time yet.

Take it easy on Lance he is clearly rattled

Jenny 1 - 0 Lance

I have seen first-hand a handful St. Kilda and Hawthorn players, and ex-football commentators partake in drug use - even those that condemn it in the public spotlight. Get off your high horses. Illicit drug-use in the AFL (and the wider community) is prolific. No club is immune.

Would love to see a few sniffer dogs at the Brownlow awards night - guaranteed to see spectacular headlines the morning after...

Last edited:
I have seen first-hand a handful St. Kilda and Hawthorn players, and ex-football commentators partake in drug use - even those that condemn in the public spotlight. Get off your high horses. Illicit drug-use in the AFL (and the wider community) is prolific. No club is immune.

Would love to see a few sniffer dogs at the Brownlow awards night - spectacular headlines the morning after a guarantee.
Ditto.

Cousins was suspended with 0 strikes just because of those images that came out in the media....Bennell? Well double standards do exist in the AFL

Cousins and Gardner were running around Northbridge like they didn't give a s**t who saw them for at least 12 - 18 mths.

Having a few lines is one thing, supplying to team mates is another.

Don't lump Bennell in the same boat as Cousins

Cousins and Gardner were running around Northbridge like they didn't give a s**t who saw them for at least 12 - 18 mths.

Don't forget those 2 doing lines in the front bar at The Cott during Sunday arvo sessions!

Cousins supplied to team mates, did he?

First bit is heresay you can't suspend players for doing what exactly? You don't even know you just hear rumours

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised no player has punched him in the face yet tbh

Pretty Sure Bennell tried too at the Brownlow. Might be why Robbo is going so hard.

Sort of torn on this one. On one hand, I feel for Bennell. Every other bloody footballer seems to be able to do whatever they want under a cloke of anonymity under the drug code, yet he's been plastered on the front page of every newspaper around the country 'allegedly' taking speed. This is two years ago, so instantly he is going to be implicated as one of the 12 Suns players named by Hunt. He might actually not be and whilst having previously dabbled might be completely off the stuff.

On the other hand, I think to myself, if you are stupid enough to 1) take the s**t and 2) let yourself by photographed doing it, ya cop what you cop.

Amazed that the club didn't put a stop to this going to print. Famously, my club won an injunction re: names, amazed the Suns weren't able to fight it in the same vane.

Mate, I umpire all types of games, including (as we umpires call them) the "non-buster" teams like Melbourne
I don't really know what a non-buster team is, but that sounds about right for the Toump

He was the friggin' architect.
Sure he was. Dank and Robinson had nothing to do with it, despite their texts regarding peptides to be referred to as amino acids. Nothing at all. Have you read Chip's account of how Charter came to be involved?

My only issue is what was he drinking?.
Strippers-check
Hookers-check
Loads of Rack-check
Grog-?
Tassie has heaps of fantastic cool climate Pinots.
They also stand up to being chilled through the warmer months.
What were you drinking Harley?.
For me the far bigger issue is that he was clearly drinking UDLs according to the picture.

For me the far bigger issue is that he was clearly drinking UDLs according to the picture.
First thing that struck me. Weird. Suns should think long and hard about this clear concern about his judgement

Isn't Jenny a forfeit? I thought her and her kid are leaving afl
If we can persuade one more AFL club to be linked with drugs then, yes.

I've been manning the phones. Roosey is putting up token resistance, but Danger sounds interested

Remove this Banner Ad

Back