Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

I love the mini driver, my driver gets used very sparingly now as my m8 I goes about 230m but much more accurate than the driver. I’ve got the 13 degree but dropped down 2 degrees. I notice they make an 11 degree as well, have contemplated trying that at 9 degrees and then putting my current one back to 13 and taking the driver out of my bag.
I’ve got the 11.
They only had a reg shaft, going to take it back and get a stiff shaft.
It’s more reliable than my 3W and easier to hit. Don’t think I’d use it off the deck though, so will keep the 3W in the bag.

My 3w is a TM vsteel 13° t/s. It's basically this I'd say. Can really put it our there and a club you can hit hard or soft. Small head. Can move both ways if need be. I will never take this club out of my bag. Stock stiff shaft. I love it.

Thoughts on graphite shafts in wedges?

I used to own a set of wedges with graphite shafts, was still getting into golf so had no idea what I was buying at the time but they were weapons. I should see if i still have them in the garage. Only stopped playing them when i snapped one and realised how expensive it was to replace graphite shafts.
Who is going own up to a chipper?
Guy in my group on the weekend had a chipper, he wasn't much older than me as well. Told him he should be disqualified on the spot.

I used to own a set of wedges with graphite shafts, was still getting into golf so had no idea what I was buying at the time but they were weapons. I should see if i still have them in the garage. Only stopped playing them when i snapped one and realised how expensive it was to replace graphite shafts.

Guy in my group on the weekend had a chipper, he wasn't much older than me as well. Told him he should be disqualified on the spot.
Would you use one if it made you score better? PING has its "ChipR" which very cleverly doesn't look like a chipper. You could probably get away with it.
1714520158470.png

You’d be hitting blades and have a 2 iron in the bag wouldn’t you Elixuh?

Can confirm I do not currently run a 2i in the bag. I play hickorys for the challenge.

Would you use one if it made you score better? PING has its "ChipR" which very cleverly doesn't look like a chipper. You could probably get away with it.
View attachment 1975795

I think it entirely depends on the course you play. IMO you're better off just using a putter instead of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you in a group that plays those clubs? Played with a bloke at City Golf Club approximately 8 years ago who was.

Lol just a joke. I play too little to be doing that!

Swing speeds have dropped a heap as I suspected. Compressing the ball well...but slower speed and compression equals very low ball flight and not much stopping ability especially with the longer irons. Moving into reg flex...keeping same head with driver and 3 wood (set at 18 degress..4 wood loft). Chucking 4, 5 and 6....and maybe 7 iron and going into hybrids. Get a considerable distance increase, way higher ball flight, spin levels good so they will stop. Will be a gapping problem where my irons meet hybrid in bag so might have to have the 6 hybrid set at max loft. I will play around with that. Irons probably need to be changed to lighter, more suitable clubs that can wait. Titleist tsr1...game improvement model. Not many models on the market with high lofted hybrids and suitable lie angles etc.

Swing speeds have dropped a heap as I suspected. Compressing the ball well...but slower speed and compression equals very low ball flight and not much stopping ability especially with the longer irons. Moving into reg flex...keeping same head with driver and 3 wood (set at 18 degress..4 wood loft). Chucking 4, 5 and 6....and maybe 7 iron and going into hybrids. Get a considerable distance increase, way higher ball flight, spin levels good so they will stop. Will be a gapping problem where my irons meet hybrid in bag so might have to have the 6 hybrid set at max loft. I will play around with that. Irons probably need to be changed to lighter, more suitable clubs that can wait. Titleist tsr1...game improvement model. Not many models on the market with high lofted hybrids and suitable lie angles etc.

Great. Interested to hear what the final setup looks like.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gee all happening, keen to see how you go at Vic Golf Day MK2

When you say compressing are you talking about angle of attack? Even the scoopiest lofty swing(I may have one) still compresses the pill?

Considering buying an electric remote control buggy. Lot of people starting to adopt them, especially at my home course which is super hilly.

Anyone got any experience with them? Thinking MGI is the way to go.

Considering buying an electric remote control buggy. Lot of people starting to adopt them, especially at my home course which is super hilly.

Mate got one recently.
Don’t know if you ever played the Dunes… but after hitting to 3rd green par 3 we generally leave our clubs on 4 th tee, which is behind 3rd green and then go and putt.
4 th tee happens to be highest point on course with probably 50ft drop down to 7 th green.
Anyway, old mate pulls his tee shot left on 3rd, puts his cart on 4th tee, then goes looking for his ball.
Remote in pocket, accidentally knocks it while 30 mts away and cart goes flying off 4 th tee…reminded me of wheelchair flying off grandstand in Flying High!!!
Spent next 5 mins retrieving his clubs/balls/buggy etc etc from halfway down a near vertical drop.
Think I’ll stick with a decent push buggy.

All I know is that they are truly shocking for golf course turf

Remove this Banner Ad

Back