Good, Bad, Ugly v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Why on earth are you talking of rebuilding the club after one loss?

Because the only way we are contenders is if our best players play at their best. Most of our best are our best paid players and also happen to be our oldest players. Tex, Sloane, Betts, Talia, Lynch, Sauce, supposedly Douglas and JJ as well. All of these players are nearing the end of their careers. They will all fall of their cliffs at some point, as every player does. If they all fall off together it’s all over. Our list depth is ordinary. The concern is that several of these players might be getting close. Worrying signs over an extended period of time.

If we crash and burn this year, the question will be what should we do in the trade period? I can see 7th or 8th and out in week 1 or the finals.

The Good: no need to death ride Melbourne, we could well earn a top 5 draft pick ourselves

The Bad: the compo pick might be the best we get for Sloane - he's checked out

The Disgusting: our esteemed leader using his pre-game warm up in the rain to practice his centre bounces with Gov and one other. Skipper, I'm all for staying relaxed, but this demonstrated an arrogant lack of focus which carried through to the game. How about next time you practice one-grabbing the ball and getting used to the conditions. And to our coaching group who saw this happening and did nothing to focus the players, shame on you as well

He's suited to 20 years ago. Seems more intent on exerting physical pressure rather than getting the ball.

Not an awful thing, but he needs to channel it.

Yeah he should channel that aggression just like Big Joshy Jenkins does. Why do you persist with posting on a football forum.

I also think we need to explore this in more depth.

Total injury list including the pre-season and 2018:

Alex Keath (ankle)
Riley Knight (ankle)
Sam Gibson (hamstring)
Matt Crouch (hamstring)
Kyle Cheney (hamstring)
Lachlan Murphy (hamstring)
Eddie Betts (hamstring)
Brad Crouch (groin)
Andrew McPherson (groin)
Tom Lynch (side strain)
Andy Otten (achilles)
Rory Sloane (foot strain, still playing)
Taylor Walker (foot)
Jackson Edwards (quad)
Curtly Hampton (adductor)
Myles Poholke (hip)
Jordan Gallucci (interrupted pre-season)
Hugh Greenwood (interrupted pre-season)
Wayne Milera (interrupted pre-season)

Are 19 injuries over the pre-season and four rounds of football, including 5 hamstrings, considered normal?
Fair enough with the soft tissue injuries but foot and ankle injuries not down to conditioning, and in fairness McPherson hardly played last year with hamstring, quad and groin issues hence the most likely reason we got him with pick 43.

He's suited to 20 years ago. Seems more intent on exerting physical pressure rather than getting the ball.

Not an awful thing, but he needs to channel it.
If you watch, he only does it when he cant win the ball.

He goes bloody hard for the ball when its there to be won..

Should have thrown him in the middle. Even if its just for the experience.

The Good: no need to death ride Melbourne, we could well earn a top 5 draft pick ourselves

The Disgusting: our esteemed leader using his pre-game warm up in the rain to practice his centre bounces with Gov and one other. Skipper, I'm all for staying relaxed, but this demonstrated an arrogant lack of focus which carried through to the game. How about next time you practice one-grabbing the ball and getting used to the conditions. And to our coaching group who saw this happening and did nothing to focus the players.

I think the tail may wag the dog at the AFC. Bring back Blighty.

far out people, I know we had a bad game, even I've been critical, but I think you can calm down on writing off the year, the future (not john butcher) and individual players ... we played this poorly three times last year and still had a pretty good season.

Fair enough with the soft tissue injuries but foot and ankle injuries not down to conditioning, and in fairness McPherson hardly played last year with hamstring, quad and groin issues hence the most likely reason we got him with pick 43.

I only see two foot and two ankle injuries out of 19 in total

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id say a GF loss would do more damage than this.

Granted it was a poor loss, and probably hurts more after the year we had last year, but Jesus lets not go crazy and sack all and sundry.

Pyke will regroup and we will learn from this.
We lost a grand final. This adds onto that.
One reason why this is so bad, we should have a point to prove. Unfortunately i think we proved it.

Good:

Bad: The malaise in the first quarter.
Entitled flogs that expect the other guy to do the hard work.

Ugly: sitting next to a Collywobbler, saying how awesome Collingwood are to beat Adelaide. We were s**t.

Yeah he should channel that aggression just like Big Joshy Jenkins does. Why do you persist with posting on a football forum.
Same reason you do.

I'd rather he hit the body in the contest, like when he ran down the player in the 2nd quarter. Instead hes too slow getting there and giving away needless frees and 50s.

I'm all for him showing aggression, but he actually needs to get to a contest first. He's a very talented kid too, doesn't need to do stupid stuff

The Disgusting: our esteemed leader using his pre-game warm up in the rain to practice his centre bounces with Gov and one other. Skipper, I'm all for staying relaxed, but this demonstrated an arrogant lack of focus which carried through to the game. How about next time you practice one-grabbing the ball and getting used to the conditions. And to our coaching group who saw this happening and did nothing to focus the players, shame on you as well

Sorry elaborate? What ws Tex doing?

Not a great night boys and girls. The way we panicked tonight reminded me of grand final day.

We got our team selection wrong, we got smashed on the inside, we got smashed on the outside, we got smashed in the ruck, we fumbled, we couldn’t tackle.

It was bad, so bad.

People.know that Burton isn't our head of fitness right? Not that I don't think there's a problem, but the fitness program is not overseen by Bird.
Yes, Burton no longer runs it, but Haas reports to him.

There is so much rotten at the boys club . we need a massive clean out !!

He does that every week.

Same reason you do.

I'd rather he hit the body in the contest, like when he ran down the player in the 2nd quarter. Instead hes too slow getting there and giving away needless frees and 50s.

I'm all for him showing aggression, but he actually needs to get to a contest first. He's a very talented kid too, doesn't need to do stupid stuff

Sorry mate but i want him to do the stupid stuff while he is young and stupid. After 20 years of nice I want to see some nasty.

If we come bottom five a compo pick for Sloane might end up being pick 6 right?..

People.know that Burton isn't our head of fitness right? Not that I don't think there's a problem, but the fitness program is not overseen by Bird.
Yeah, Matt Haas has had the job the last 2 pre-seasons but don't let the truth get in the way of a good story for all the Burton haters. Last year we had an unbelievably good run with injuries, this year it's been a disaster.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back