Good Riddance..........

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't be down on Tutt. All I ask from players is effort, and he gives it. It's not his fault he's ordinary.

Coach Crack-In treated him like sh!t despite all his efforts, so he walked. Fair enough.

He is in stark contrast to Jones, who is Tutt's opposite in every way - except he walked too.

Enjoy the 2s, Jones, you weak pr!ck.

Oh, and I could never be down on Cooney. He'll always be a champ bloke for mine. And we shipped him off anyway. I think it was a good list management decision, but he'll be the only Bomber I'll be cheering for.

Yes. I'm a big advocate of the adage that you're only as good as your last game.
I'm a big advocate on not putting any credence on the who cares cup, Kent Kingsley from Geelong kicked more goals in the NAB cup than he did in the full AFL season one year, most senior players aren't putting in much effort and are running on limited game time.

Higgins close to best on ground in the North/Adel game.
Only saw the last quarter, he was admittedly running rampant and kicked 3 goals. The game was pretty well done and dusted by that point, so you could argue that he only looked good because Adelaide had stopped playing. But I did see his first 3 quarters so don't know whether that's completely the case.

Only saw the last quarter, he was admittedly running rampant and kicked 3 goals. The game was pretty well done and dusted by that point, so you could argue that he only looked good because Adelaide had stopped playing. But I did see his first 3 quarters so don't know whether that's completely the case.

Should never play in the back line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't be down on Tutt. All I ask from players is effort, and he gives it. It's not his fault he's ordinary.

Coach Crack-In treated him like sh!t despite all his efforts, so he walked. Fair enough.

He is in stark contrast to Jones, who is Tutt's opposite in every way - except he walked too.

Enjoy the 2s, Jones, you weak pr!ck.

Oh, and I could never be down on Cooney. He'll always be a champ bloke for mine. And we shipped him off anyway. I think it was a good list management decision, but he'll be the only Bomber I'll be cheering for.

I think I understand your sentiment , but are you talking about the same Tutt I watched all last year ?
Treated him like " sh!t " really ? He couldn't get a regular game because ,using your words , he is " ordinary "
One thing I will never remember him for is " effort "

Should never play in the back line.

Absolutely, spot on.
He was a good small forward/midfielder, but was moved to make room for younger players who at the time could only play the small forward role such as Hrovat/Honeychurch. Another example of robbing the known present for the unknown future in the disastrous McCartney era.

I am actually a bit worried about the potential ramifications of us trying to fit Redpath into the same forward line with Boyd.

Yesterday's game indicated to me that despite all the preseason hype. Redpath is still very much a full forward type and not that well suited to either CHF or back up ruck. I worry about getting Boyd (our very high priced young star recruit) to play these roles just because he more able to fill them than Redpath.

We need to pick the best player for each role, rather than push players into different roles to accommodate the less adaptable players.

Moving Higgins to the half back line was a big mistake. I hope we don't make a similar mistake with Boyd.

Absolutely, spot on.
He was a good small forward/midfielder, but was moved to make room for younger players who at the time could only play the small forward role such as Hrovat/Honeychurch. Another example of robbing the known present for the unknown future in the disastrous McCartney era.

I am actually a bit worried about the potential ramifications of us trying to fit Redpath into the same forward line with Boyd.

Yesterday's game indicated to me that despite all the preseason hype. Redpath is still very much a full forward type and not that well suited to either CHF or back up ruck. I worry about getting Boyd (our very high priced young star recruit) to play these roles just because he more able to fill them than Redpath.

We need to pick the best player for each role, rather than push players into different roles to accommodate the less adaptable players.

Moving Higgins to the half back line was a big mistake. I hope we don't make a similar mistake with Boyd.

I think Bev is getting Boyd to play different roles, rather than just permanent FF to get miles into his legs and help him build his fitness base asap.

It will build his confidence getting around the ball as well and getting some touches. I don't like him in the ruck because of injury risk, but can understand the logic.

I was at the game in Port lincoln today, and while Higgins got a bit of the ball in the last quarter, I didn't even know he was out there in the first 3 quarters, also missed a very gettable goal in the last that may have helped North pinch it

I think Bev is getting Boyd to play different roles, rather than just permanent FF to get miles into his legs and help him build his fitness base asap.

It will build his confidence getting around the ball as well and getting some touches. I don't like him in the ruck because of injury risk, but can understand the logic.

I don't like it either, and think that we should be playing suitable players as back up rucks, e.g. Cordy, Roughead, or Campbell.

No problem with Boyd rucking in the forward line or even playing CHF or FP, with Stringer at FF, but I'm not a fan of Boyd, Stringer and Redpath playing in the same forward line.

Despite all the talk about Stringer's midfield potential, I think that ship sailed with his broken leg. He is a good forward so let him play there.

If we persist in trying to squeeze in Redpath, then it may hurt Stringer as well as Boyd.

Last edited:
Higgins can play. Good player in a good team, and norf are a good team. He'll have a good season and all the best to him.

Cant stand the bloke and couldn't for many years

Pea hearted half ass sh!t in the face of our club I wish him nothing but the worst sorry Fronk

Have to agree with the above .
He's a perennial pre-season Brownlow medalist . Thought Tutt's star jump on the Mark routine was his best feature . Jones played on Edwards for a period ( a midget) and you'd think he's first outing he might have performed better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back