Good Riddance..........

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 24, 2008
Athens, Greece
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This is a thread dedicated to the rats who jumped ship
Its not out of spite but rather i would like to track with your help throughout the season the progress of the Gang of 5 (Tutt - Jones - Griffen- Cooney- Higgins) for posterity over the 2015 season.

lets kick off :

rd1 NAB WCE v CARLTON

Jones - Poor nowhere near it
Tutt - Mediocre got some touches but generally was caught watching the ball at the back of the pack

GOOD RIDDENCE

This is a thread dedicated to the rats who jumped ship
Its not out of spite but rather i would like to track with your help throughout the season the progress of the Gang of 5 (Tutt - Jones - Griffen- Cooney- Higgins) for posterity over the 2015 season.

lets kick off :

rd1 NAB WCE v CARLTON

Jones - Poor nowhere near it
Tutt - Mediocre got some touches but generally was caught watching the ball at the back of the pack

GOOD RIDDENCE
A bit harsh - I would have thought that all except Griffen would have been tagged 'Trade Options' perhaps earlier than last year.

Jones will continue to have his 1 or 2 good game seasons at Carlton.

I'm still staggered as to why they were interested in him.

He's not an AFL standard forward, it's as simple as that.

Jones really struggled last night which can happen in these games but I must say given given he's had the summer to end all summers I expect more let's say effort?? Tutt needs space and Westcoast just didn't give him any...

Looked like the old Bulldog Tutt to me , just not much of a footballer. Has no idea how to go and find a kick. Not a great trait for a mid fielder.
Only a Nab cup game , but you expect both of those boys playing it as if it was their last. Surely they would want some early respect ?

It does help your perspective watching them play in another clubs colours.

I had a fair bit of time for Jones but I can see now that he simply lacks courage/aggression and tries to mark on his chest all the time. Tutt tries hard but i reckon you could bring over an Irish kid and he would have more feel for the game after two weeks training.

You just know that one of Jones' good games this year will be against us, Blues fans will come on here and give us crap, Jones will revert to type the next week and be dropped a couple of weeks later. Just that type of bloke.:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw the highlights: Tutt got a gig for an absolutely terrible floater that fortuitously landed near a teammate who ran into an open goal.

Jones kicked a goal though and apparently took a couple of "marks with his hands out". They talk about him like he's an 18 year old kid who has just picked up a footy for the first time.

Jones still didn't provide more than an initial lead and saw him run under the ball. Got an opportunistic goal from the square. Given the number of years he's been in the system and the age of the other Carlton forwards you'd think he would have a presence down there...I didn't see it.

Tutt was a bystander most of the game. I'm not sure how many minutes he got on the ground but was literally useless. That floater he centred that resulted in a goal...sheesh...could have been a career ender if his team mate didn't gathered it properly.

Don't know what Carlton were thinking?

I know it's only the NAB cup but you'd expect players in your best 22 in the season proper to play well...even this early in the year.

Jones will kick 15-20 goals this year imo. I'll shrug my shoulders and watch boyd's highlights on repeat.

On last nights effort might be 15-20 in the reserves. Even if he plays most of the season you're expecting him to average 1 and a bit goals. I think when the Carlton midfield see him miss easy marks or continually run under it, his opportunities will dry up.

Tutt! Wow...what a crap game from a kid who would have been hoping to mix it with Gibbs, Murphy, Judd, and co. in a couple of weeks.

I think Jones is as crap as the next guy, but are we really judging him on a NAB challenge game? :drunk:

Coons didn't want to leave. I'm happy with the trade though.

Hoping that tutt supporters can see him for what he is now that he's taken the red, white and blue off. King Harold was so so right about this guy.

Still rather Cooney in red, white and blue even if his knee only allowed him to play half a season. Just think we looked a better side when he had the ball in his hands.

I think Jones is as crap as the next guy, but are we really judging him on a NAB challenge game? :drunk:

I think we're judging his alleged improvement and what he'd bring to the Carlton forward line.

Carlton boards were full of praise for him...

Jones will continue to have his 1 or 2 good game seasons at Carlton.

I'm still staggered as to why they were interested in him.

He's not an AFL standard forward, it's as simple as that.
They really are a horrible side. The have topped up for age group but really lack top end talent coming through. I'd have Menzel and maybe Cripps and that's it out of their 2nd - 6th year players.

I think we're judging his alleged improvement and what he'd bring to the Carlton forward line.

Carlton boards were full of praise for him...
It's a NAB challenge game.

I mean he's still a spud. This hasn't changed anything at all. It's just we can't use this to judge him.

He's much, much worse than he played last night.

It's a NAB challenge game.

I mean he's still a spud. This hasn't changed anything at all. It's just we can't use this to judge him.

He's much, much worse than he played last night.

That's true. Probably not long before he stops leading altogether.

At least his mate Tutt might kick it in direction.

Yes. I'm a big advocate of the adage that you're only as good as your last game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back