Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Would not surprise mate. Think they have a couple more up their sleeve too.

What are rochy ins and outs as we speak?
I can think of the following,
out
Flaherty
Gledhill
Wren
Watson
Free

Ins
Harper x 2
Stroobants
Williams x 2
Ex st kilda and port backmen

I know there are others, can anyone fill the gaps.

What are rochy ins and outs as we speak?
I can think of the following,
out
Flaherty
Gledhill
Wren
Watson
Free

Ins
Harper x 2
Stroobants
Williams x 2
Ex st kilda and port backmen

I know there are others, can anyone fill the gaps.
This is the best I can come up with at this point Jon.

Since end of 2019
Out:
Flaherty
Free
Gledhill
Wren
McEwen
Watson
Hill
Millard
Montague
Mcphee (edit)

IN:
Steve Stroobants
Jordan Harper
Lachie Harper
Dillon Williams
Sean Williams
Austin Logan
Bailey Wileman
Joe Atley (VFL based)
Chris Jansen (VFL based)

Last edited:
This is the best I can come up with at this point Jon.

Since end of 2019
Out:
Flaherty
Free
Gledhill
Wren
McEwen
Watson
Hill
Millard
Montague

IN:
Steve Stroobants
Jordan Harper
Lachie Harper
Dillon Williams
Sean Williams
Austin Logan
Bailey Wileman
Joe Altey (VFL based)
Chris Jansen (VFL based)

+ J McPHEE to Locky.

With lamont coaching by the end of the year they could catch up to ky, the way they have recruited, and the improvement of a proven coach, anything could happen after a year off
Reckon no one will get close to Ky mate. However I think the Cats might give finals a nudge and thats a good thing. Lamont will get the best out of the group. Tactically he is brilliant and his fire and brimstone addresses will be a highlight too.

Last edited:
With lamont coaching by the end of the year they could catch up to ky, the way they have recruited, and the improvement of a proven coach, anything could happen after a year off
They are coming from a fair way back Trent, but it will be interesting to get the exact number of new additions to the Cats. Suspect they will challenge for a finals spot as a few clubs drop away.

Reckon no one will get close to Ky mate. However I think the Cats might give finals a nudge and thats a good thing. Lamont will get the best out of the group. Tactically he is brilliant and his fire and brimstone addresses will be a highlight too.
Still think Echuca won’t be too far away. Ky getting just that little bit older, and I don’t think Echuca have dropped away at all.

Still think Echuca won’t be too far away. Ky getting just that little bit older, and I don’t think Echuca have dropped away at all.
Echuca have lost Faulkes, Wheeler, McNamara and Henderson from the GF side but that has been discussed on here previously and I think more than enough. The only recruit that I'm aware of at this stage is Ben Reid. Kirkby would be close to the finish line as well. They have some talented juniors that will be decent players but IMO wouldn't be ready to take on a KY side that has 4 ready made inclusions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah twos numbers becoming more concerning by the year. Not many teams woud have 4-5 players putting pressure on players in the seniors like they used to. Not sure what the solution is? Maybe 16 a side might be the way to go?
Solution is pretty simple IMO .
The GVL needs to identify what it wants to be and perceived .
The premier league in the region which is seemingly the commitment which is being asked of players / coaches or a community league .

Echuca have lost Faulkes, Wheeler, McNamara and Henderson from the GF side but that has been discussed on here previously and I think more than enough. The only recruit that I'm aware of at this stage is Ben Reid. Kirkby would be close to the finish line as well. They have some talented juniors that will be decent players but IMO wouldn't be ready to take on a KY side that has 4 ready made inclusions.
Tim Allan and McKenna have left to haven’t they ringo? That’s 5 out of there top 12 or so players. Would need to land a couple more top liners to be as good as last year imo.

Tim Allan and McKenna have left to haven’t they ringo? That’s 5 out of there top 12 or so players. Would need to land a couple more top liners to be as good as last year imo.
Allen was the key target in a side that made the GF. A lot of Footy directed his way to kick 30 Goals in 21 matches including no goals and some dropped marks inside 50 in that GF. At an educated guess he would have been in the teams top 6 or 7 paid players. They can cover that loss without hitting a major speed hump.

So ringo in your opinion
Would echuca look at a mini rebuild to have a big crack in 22/23
Or still try to win in 2021 ?
Which in my opinion they won't do

They will be having a crack. Have some quality players in Walks, Byrne, Valentine, Willis(when he's on)Reid and I really rate Tom Monahan as a defender. Personally feel they needed to keep the GF group and add another 3 or 4 to the group to be a realistic chance. Will Walker play on after this year? he is 32 or 33 now. I can't see them winning it as Ky just as strong in 2021 and feel Euroa could be the challenger.

When's right coming back to let us know that Sam Lloyd has signed up at Echuca

When's right coming back to let us know that Sam Lloyd has signed up at Echuca
Lol wouldn't surprise, we've had Bryce Gibbs, Sam Reid so might as well throw Lloyd in too! Right has gone to the Bigfooty afterlife. I just hope he confessed his sins before he got there. He is no more and that is a good thing!

Lol wouldn't surprise, we've had Bryce Gibbs, Sam Reid so might as well throw Lloyd in too! Right has gone to the Bigfooty afterlife. I just hope he confessed his sins before he got there. He is no more and that is a good thing!
He is no more...

Or

He never really was?

Wouldn't be so sure I'think he has been reincarnated a few times on here , watch this space for new identities.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back