Multiplat Grand Theft Auto V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heaps of low level players online still (peoples 2nd/3rd characters perhaps). Overall though it isn't a online game that you become way over powered the higher you go. In terms of power the max level is 120 (guns are unlocked at various levels) which unlocks the mini gun which I rarely see get used. Getting to 90 unlocks the heavy Sniper which is really the last of the must have guns imo. Getting to lvl 90 is a breeze if you smash missions in a group which will also get you money to buy all the cool cars etc..

Overall, you cant really get stronger the higher you get higher other then better weapons. You get a extra health as you level up but im not sure it is a big deal breaker

Much of the online activity is heists (co-op), Missions (co-op), Free roam (free for all muck around), and races

Free roaming might be the only time you notice any weakness early on, but doing that is just for stuffing around and it doesn't get you anywhere financially.

Key to playing it early on would be doing missions to fast track XP gains and $$ gains
Ok thanks!

Are the co-op missions easy enough to participate in by myself? As in - none of my mates play this online, and I don't have a headset or anything because I'm not a hardcore gamer.. so I'd really just be jumping on for a few hours here and there without wanting to become too dedicated to the game..

Ok thanks!

Are the co-op missions easy enough to participate in by myself? As in - none of my mates play this online, and I don't have a headset or anything because I'm not a hardcore gamer.. so I'd really just be jumping on for a few hours here and there without wanting to become too dedicated to the game..

Online you will be in the general world which is the same map as the single player map but populated with up to 16 or so other players. Often people are busy doing CEO missions (a new DLC feature) which are essentially missions in the free roam world, or they may be doing random stuff like doing cars or just generally stuffing around including killing each other.

To do mission you can start them up and host them which you may even decide to do by yourself, or you can join a group. To do this you start or join through the little phone feature (real easy). Only Heists I think it is necessarily to have a head set as they are long and often people like to talk through tactics throughout the heist. Missions you don't, and heaps of people are silent doing them. Best option is to joining a group and just grind out missions, as most people know how to smash through them pretty quick and everyone gets the same Cash. Races you need to win to make decent money, and I only do them for fun. Same as missions you either join or host. Hosting just requires setting difficulty level and general settings.

I only play a few hours max a day too, and atm general mission grind as im trying to get cash to buy all the cars I want to (I had 2 years away from the game..im a bit behind). If you spend a bit of time Mission grinding you will level up real quick and get cash. Do it in a group and even if you don't know what you are doing at first others will and everyone gets the same money. Missions are pretty easy to understand and you will soon work out which ones earn the most $

Online you will be in the general world which is the same map as the single player map but populated with up to 16 or so other players. Often people are busy doing CEO missions (a new DLC feature) which are essentially missions in the free roam world, or they may be doing random stuff like doing cars or just generally stuffing around including killing each other.

To do mission you can start them up and host them which you may even decide to do by yourself, or you can join a group. To do this you start or join through the little phone feature (real easy). Only Heists I think it is necessarily to have a head set as they are long and often people like to talk through tactics throughout the heist. Missions you don't, and heaps of people are silent doing them. Best option is to joining a group and just grind out missions, as most people know how to smash through them pretty quick and everyone gets the same Cash. Races you need to win to make decent money, and I only do them for fun. Same as missions you either join or host. Hosting just requires setting difficulty level and general settings.

I only play a few hours max a day too, and atm general mission grind as im trying to get cash to buy all the cars I want to (I had 2 years away from the game..im a bit behind). If you spend a bit of time Mission grinding you will level up real quick and get cash. Do it in a group and even if you don't know what you are doing at first others will and everyone gets the same money. Missions are pretty easy to understand and you will soon work out which ones earn the most $
Awesome, thanks heaps mate! Looking forward to giving it a go over the weekend!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back