Great Win - Discussion+Votes....Disposal...

Remove this Banner Ad

kanabar

All Australian
Nov 9, 2005
Other Teams
FREMANTLE
Hi all,

great win, but shocking disposals (kicking) etc too many clangers...this sort of kicking wont get us much far in finals...

good work schoey....

Pav - 3
Wiz - 2 (Goal of the round)
Schoe - 1

It took us 2 and a bit quarters to find some rhythm, I was actually very happy with how we played after that, great work by the lads to back each other up in contests, ball use got a bit better, and delivery into the 50 improved also. Schoey was terrific, and again Mundy didn't make an error, so clean with his disposal and always chooses a good option.
What can we say about Byron, he had an off day, but he'll bounce back next week like all quality players do. MJ again was brilliant running from the backline, strong performance from him.

3 votes to Pav
2 votes to Mundy
1 vote for Matty Carr

I don't think Mundy has been as good this year as he was last year. Pulled out of a few contests today and often hangs out the back waiting for others to put their body on the line.

3- Pav
2- Johnson
1- Grover (must be top 3 in the B&F at this stage).

It wasn't a great win. We need to clean up a team like that at home by 100 points to be a real contender.

1 Pav
2 Johnson
3 Hase

Docker_Brat said:
It wasn't a great win. We need to clean up a team like that at home by 100 points to be a real contender.

1 Pav
2 Johnson
3 Hase

Hase got a vote? he only racked up 7 possesions? even if all 7 were quality he wouldnt get a vote

First half was woeful, skill errors would have made Macca and Cookies skills look pristine. Second half just passable, beat a very ordinary team who's gameplan is worse than ours.
Happy with Peake, Murphy etc should get a extended run in the team, Grover keeps going from strength to strength, Pav his usual self, Carr brothers good.

Just a Win , nothing special.

was always going to be an ugly game. North clog and scratch. It was effective in the past 2 years. Although not pretty, in fact woeful entertainment, it was encouraging we worked through it where we couldn't in the past

Don't want to rain on the parade but we need to give the five best votes.

5: My man Groves - kept Thompson goal less.
4: Peaker - broke the game open with his tireless running
3: Pav - 6 goals although one was Hase's
2: One melee Dodd - kept the clamps on Shannon grant
1: M. Carr - some way back to the M. Carr we know & love.

All in all just "another day at the office" winning a game we were expected to win.

Special kudo's to the defence (apart from the obvious bloopers) as of their 6 goals we gave them at least three and the Umps gave them another 2.

Shame about the bloopers as is masks an otherwise top defensive effort.

RIPPER_46 said:
Don't want to rain on the parade but we need to give the five best votes.
....partial quote removed...

I agree with Ripper.. need to give 5 votes also :thumbsu:

My votes from what I saw from the game....2nd half MUCH better play

Five:: PAV smartest player
Four:: JLO 1st game back after dicky knee injury
Three:: GROVER did well again, held 150th Kanga-gamer Thompson to nil goals, gotta love that :D
Two:: MATTY CARR returning form after last minute recall
One:: SCHOEY finding his passion, after doing well in waffle

Good win by the guys.

Johnson was great in parts, J Carr is slowly joining Bell as the heart of the team, Pav is a dead set superstar, good to see Murph get some touches and Peakes pace and creativity is just what we need. Schammers confidence is rock bottom but his creativity and play making is worth perservering with. Him and Black being out of form really hurts us.

But gotta be joking about Schofield. Same as M Carr. Little creativity and run and that's what almost undid us. Static indecisive footy.

5 - Pav (the difference)
4 - J Carr
3 - Grover
2 - Peake
1 - Johnson

5. My Buddy the Pavinator!! :thumbsu:
4. JCarr
3. Peaker
2. Grovesy
1. Murphy for his 3 goals. :)

Thumbs ups also for Mundy, JLo, Duffman, Scotty-too-Hotty & MCarr for getting back into it!! :thumbsu:

Can everyone who only voted 3 edit their posts and make it up to 5. The Freo BF POTY is serious stuff and we must follow correct rules and etiquette... ;)

5. Pav
4. J Carr
3. Grover
2. Johnson
1. J Lo

Could have just as easy got the 1 vote (unlucky) - Peake, Mundy, Bell, M Carr.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 Peake.....He (imo) has guaranteed himself the next two games.
4 Bell .... Captains game. He was nearly suicidal with some of his hard ball gets.
3 Pav
2 Johhno
1 JCarr

Special mention to spud. He will be in the bog's real soon.

Interesting voting so far,I wonder how much diffference it makes to how you see the game t.v or live.i watch it at the ground then t.v before i vote and change the odd vote sometimes.funny game but its good to see a win even thou we played average.a better side would of made us pay more with some of those turnovers.I think its the first time ive seen johnson well beaten.

ya good iwn but need to be cleaner next few weeks no way can we be this shocking in disposals not settign the play up just handballing to a player who has no chance of releasing ball to our advantage....pure panicing some times...think smart thats what i want them to do.....dotn just handball to closest player and hopoe for best...

5. Pav
4. Peake
3. M Carr
2. Grover
1. Dodd
Close but not quite to Wiz (that tackle turned the match), Bell and J Carr(typical of what we've come to expect), Spud (good to see him confident in front of goal), Polly & JLo (we need to at least break even in the ruck and be dangerous around the ground, and we did today), Walker (did pretty well on Wells), Mundy Duff and Parks are doing well under a lot of pressure (why can't we win the clearances??) and Johno (but Petrie killed him early).

Dissapointing games by Hase, Black and McPharlin (why didn't he have a shot from 55?
Next week... McPharlin out, Medhurst in. Maybe Cook for Hase too if Hase is injured.

Interesting that CC was unable to do the post match because of a throat problem... maybe some other guys were also sick. I know about 4-5 people who've got a bug at the moment.

Is HAse still injured? seriously he could become one of the greats of freo football but he never seems fit

glad they dropped Medhurst too. While i think he is in our best when he is playing well i am fed up with his kicking and how hlast week he got all his stats in the last ten minutes of the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back