Green announces retirement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not ashamed to say it brought a tear to my eye, he was the final man left from the 00' Grand Final and is the source of my very first memories of football as a kid (being nineteen, the 2000 finals series is about as far as my memory goes back, and boy did he kill it!) Was a great servant to the club and will be sorely missed. I will now proceed to watch his highlights on youtube and relive the great memories. Onya Greeny:thumbsu:

Not much to say that hasn't already been said. But well done on an amazing career Greeny! Heart and soul since the very beginning, never gave us anything less. Forget all the stats in the world, you were always where you needed to be giving everything you ever had to give. Thanks again mate. :thumbsu:

(still spewing you blocked me on twitter though. Don't even know why. Wish I did. But oh well. lol)

Champion footballer, great cricketer and all round good guy..

Was lucky enough to play representative cricket against Brad in 1998. He took only 92 balls to bring 137 retired, and hit the biggest 6 off my opening over, one that took 25 minutes to retrieve from the gym roof..

Good luck for the future Brad, please stay involved at the MFC!

Not much to say that hasn't already been said. But well done on an amazing career Greeny! Heart and soul since the very beginning, never gave us anything less. Forget all the stats in the world, you were always where you needed to be giving everything you ever had to give. Thanks again mate. :thumbsu:

(still spewing you blocked me on twitter though. Don't even know why. Wish I did. But oh well. lol)
He blocked me too mate, the great man is a bit sensitive to criticism.

All forgiven anyway, tear to my eye. Bought a badge afterwards.

On you Greeny, I'll miss ya!

@JAkermanis: Brad Green retires. No one give a s**t! #dribbler. Helped everyone to kick it to him. retired never winning anything! Fantastic career.

* OFF

@JAkermanis: Brad Green retires. No one give a s**t! #dribbler. Helped everyone to kick it to him. retired never winning anything! Fantastic career.

**** OFF
At the end of the day, Green doesn't retire to a life full of growing facial hair to cover up acne scars. Instead, he retires as a one club player who has the respect of the AFL public and can now enjoy life with his beautiful family and loyal friends.

Jason Akermanis, now driving go carts for a living..... Can afford peroxide for his hair but not his beard... Was a great footballer, but hated by every club he played for.... Bitter at the world, but not too sure why!!

I feel sorry for Akers kids. It'll be sad when they grow up and are old enough to realise their dad is complete * wit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel sorry for Akers kids. It'll be sad when they grow up and are old enough to realise their dad is complete **** wit.
I asked him what his problem was ("WTF is your problem? #seriously"), and then he blocked me. LOL.

What were Aker's farewell games like at Brisbane and the Bulldogs? Can anyone find me pics of Aker being chaired and clapped off in his final game for either club?

Probably did a handstand just to spite his coaches. What a terrible human being.

Wow, i don't know if I should feed the biggest troll of them all but.. Brad mightn't have had the success of a Wayne Carey or a Robert Harvey...but wow, a 'dribbler'.

Aker's got serious issues. I mean he got fired by two AFL clubs in quick succession. Great player at his height, but he's more than a few kangaroos short of a paddock.

I actually feel sorry for him, because he just seems so desperate for love and attention at any cost.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back