Opinion Grimes

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. I love Dylan. Works hard, his closing speed to spoil is so under rated. Still makes some mistakes with his quick release by hand but thats to be expected as he has not played 100 games yet. He is improving in that area though.

Just love his work rate, good example for the others as Dylan never stops working.

Helps to suck in the oxygen when he goes for that quick closing speed in spoiling marking contests by the opposition...very good could even make Elite...

On the same page as you mate. If he can stay fit, IMO in 3 years he will be rated as high as Rance IMO. Big call I know but I believe!

On the same page as you mate. If he can stay fit, IMO in 3 years he will be rated as high as Rance IMO. Big call I know but I believe!
I don't think so...never as good as Rance...I just don't think Grimes body would let him be as good as Rance...
But as a third stringer sometimes second stringer...could be the best in the AFL...given time...a real good dependable side kick for Rance...

Mate i didnt want to say it yet ..but like you i will now.. He will Be an AA backman soon...and be one of the absolute elite backman of the competition mark it down..

If Rance goes, we will really need him to go another level along with Elton and Astbury. I really rate him and always have.
i rate him too...but unfortunately i dont rate Astbury think he is serviceable but will be nothing more...hope too be proved wrong but he is not best 22 whereas Grimes is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think some forget how good Astbury was last year. He's a good player.

On Grimes, I'm loving that he's quietly getting some continuity in his game for the first time in a very long time. His form line is starting to benefit. Long may it continue.
think Astbury has had had a few goodish games but dont see him bein more than a serviceable player...Grimes on the other hand could be great and is heading that way fast..

Can anyone here elaborate why they think Grimes will become such a good player. Frankly i dont see it.
I think one area that hes done well in, is as the third man up and spoiling well. You would expect that from anyone who plays that third tall role.

What else is there to the third tall role. Wheres the run and carry, the rebounding, the delivery inside 50, finding a bit of ball, dont we want these things from our third tall.Wheres the intercept marks and tackles.
He is never going to play kp unless we have a horror run with injuries. He just doesnt have the size for the role and likely never will.
I wont elaborate on what i really dislike about him.

Yep it would be good to hear why people think hes going to become such a good player. I ask because i just cant see it. I'm hoping he can become a good honest citizen i cant envision him being much more.

The issue with Grimes has never been ability or work ethic... it's always been his consistent injuries stopping him from playing.

No point in being the greatest defender in the game if you can't get on the park. (not that he is but you get the point).

Hopefully he can string together a long sequence of games, as when he's there he's very good.

Can anyone here elaborate why they think Grimes will become such a good player. Frankly i dont see it.
I think one area that hes done well in, is as the third man up and spoiling well. You would expect that from anyone who plays that third tall role.

What else is there to the third tall role. Wheres the run and carry, the rebounding, the delivery inside 50, finding a bit of ball, dont we want these things from our third tall.Wheres the intercept marks and tackles.
He is never going to play kp unless we have a horror run with injuries. He just doesnt have the size for the role and likely never will.
I wont elaborate on what i really dislike about him.

Before the horror injury run, he was rebounding nicely and running the ball off half-back in conjunction with Rance. His disposal is neat, without being particularly impressive, but he usually picks a safe option which is fine, though some would choose to see this as a negative. Not great overhead marking so intercept marking is not his go. Fantastic at spoiling although probably chooses to do so too often when an easy mark is on the cards. Also pretty quick.

He gets caught out of position too often defensively, but I really think if he can get some continuity, his confidence will grow massively and he could become a very solid tall HBF. IMO he looks like he's starting to feel at home out there, where in the past he's seemed to lack confidence.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back