Opinion Grimes

Remove this Banner Ad

Before the horror injury run, he was rebounding nicely and running the ball off half-back in conjunction with Rance. His disposal is neat, without being particularly impressive, but he usually picks a safe option which is fine, though some would choose to see this as a negative. Not great overhead marking so intercept marking is not his go. Fantastic at spoiling although probably chooses to do so too often when an easy mark is on the cards. Also pretty quick.

He gets caught out too often, but I really think if he can get some continuity, his confidence will grow massively and he could become a very solid tall HBF. IMO he looks like he's starting to feel at home out there, where in the past he's seemed to lack confidence.
Thanks for that and i must say i pretty much agree with most of it.
I may be a bit harsh on him, i may also have my expectations too high on where we need to get the list. If he becomes a good solid hbf who can add to his game i could live with him.

Personally i would like for us to find two very good key defenders and play rance as the third tall. I would dearly like to see the club play Kamdyn McIntosh as a tall running defender in the Grant Birchall mould.
Imo we need to significantly improve the back half with quality to become a contender. Dylan has shown he can defend in the air he needs to add to that and transform his game into say an andrew mackie role where run and carry becomes more important.

Sorry but I just don't get the Dylan love. Just a very average footballer to me. Average disposal, not much offensive running, gives away too many frees but just my opinion. I might start watching him a bit more closely.

Thanks for that and i must say i pretty much agree with most of it.
I may be a bit harsh on him, i may also have my expectations too high on where we need to get the list. If he becomes a good solid hbf who can add to his game i could live with him.

Personally i would like for us to find two very good key defenders and play rance as the third tall. I would dearly like to see the club play Kamdyn McIntosh as a tall running defender in the Grant Birchall mould.
Imo we need to significantly improve the back half with quality to become a contender. Dylan has shown he can defend in the air he needs to add to that and transform his game into say an andrew mackie role where run and carry becomes more important.

Personally I think that our backline has been our strongest line all year. Maybe we need to make it stronger but our priority should still be strengthening our midfield first and then our small forwards.

If we lose Alex Rance, then our backline immediately becomes our top priority. I really hope we don't lose him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's gonna start getting called a ducker if he isn't already. Seems to draw high free kicks in an almost Selwood type manner.
Nothing almost about it. Same exact strategy, executed with none of the subtlety.

Nothing almost about it. Same exact strategy, executed with none of the subtlety.

Yeah its looking that way isnt it? The look on his face when he thought he'd been pinged but got the free!

takes a lot of criticism and rightly, but should also get the kudos, when he plays like he did today, especially second half

Remove this Banner Ad

Back