Grub 23

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the Johnson brothers from *.
One of them created what I consider almost the greatest moment of football I've ever seen. He was running through the centre and under no pressure - a lay up kick to whatever tall forward they had and a goal would put the game out of reach for North. Screws up a bounce in the centre, we get the ball and kill them on the overlap to score and momentum carries North to victory.

One of them created what I consider almost the greatest moment of football I've ever seen. He was running through the centre and under no pressure - a lay up kick to whatever tall forward they had and a goal would put the game out of reach for North. Screws up a bounce in the centre, we get the ball and kill them on the overlap to score and momentum carries North to victory.
Yeah and one of them was a gutless mofo sniper.

Yeah and one of them was a gutless mofo sniper.
We were in the AFL Members area that night and some * nuffies were giving us hell. Of course, we went ape at the johnson mess-up and the dickheads behind us were giving us a lot of flack. My mother in law turned around and told them to shut up, and for the second time, I played what was just about my best ever sledge...

I told my mother in law that the guy behind us was "intellectually challenged". Some other North person started yelling at them and she jumped up and told everybody to calm down as the poor "intellectually challenged" guy supporting * wasn't capable of generating his own rational thought (or words to that effect).

Controversial, but as good a player as he was, in the last part of his career he'd do a lot of holding and pushing without being penalised. Maybe that's on the umps who let him get away with it, but he knew full well that he was getting a ride and he played it so he counts.

Just thought Id put together the all time Grub 23

FB R Lyon B Lake C Ditterich

HB D Rhys Jones R Andrews xxx

C L Matthews J Lewis A Clarkson

HF J Farmer W.Carey M Jackson

FF S Milne B Hall N Balme

FOL xxx C Judd T Liberatore

B J Murphy S Baker R Grinter R Muir

S F Francis

help me fill in the gaps. unfortunately i felt it was right to include duck
Where is Gary Ablett?

And Adam Heuskes?

Jimmy Hird twice brought the reputation of the AFL to be tarnished. He has to be there.

I think you need two teams then they could play off against one another.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also Dustin Fletcher (kicker)

John Worstfold (like Mitchell and Lewis, was one who charged and hit blokes when they weren't looking)
Tbf he smashed into them when they were looking too.

Angry Come On GIF by Signature Entertainment

This guy was a footballer

Damian Bourke from the cats/bears, king hit Adrian McAdam and hastened his exit from the game and is also responsible for our current ruck coach's somewhat unorthodox dental configuration.

Controversial, but as good a player as he was, in the last part of his career he'd do a lot of holding and pushing without being penalised. Maybe that's on the umps who let him get away with it, but he knew full well that he was getting a ride and he played it so he counts.
I think the thing that really frustrated a lot of North supporters was Lindsay Thomas was ostracized as the villain for sliding in to gather a loose ball, yet Goodes would slide in two footed with studs up and never received the condemnation that Thomas received. The AFL changed the rule and for a time it was jokingly called the Lindsay Thomas rule.

I think the thing that really frustrated a lot of North supporters was Lindsay Thomas was ostracized as the villain for sliding in to gather a loose ball, yet Goodes would slide in two footed with studs up and never received the condemnation that Thomas received. The AFL changed the rule and for a time it was jokingly called the Lindsay Thomas rule.
Lindsay’s treatment, primarily by the media, was an out and out disgrace.

I'd like to see a creep 22.

Coach: Ross Lyon
Assistant Coach: Scott Watters
Captain: Ricky Nixon
Etc
Adam Hunter Ashley McIntosh Josh Wooden

Guy McKenna Fraser Gehrig John Worsfold

Andrew Gaff. Ben Cousins Chad Fletcher

Karl Langdon Jason Ball Daniel Chick

Willie Rioli Peter Sumich Phil Matera

Michael Gardiner Daniel Kerr Luke Shuey

Just thought Id put together the all time Grub 23

FB R Lyon B Lake C Ditterich

HB D Rhys Jones R Andrews A Heuskes

C L Matthews J Lewis A Clarkson

HF J Farmer W.Carey M Jackson

FF S Milne B Hall G Ablett

FOL N Balme C Judd T Liberatore

B J Murphy S Baker R Grinter R Muir

S F Francis

help me fill in the gaps. unfortunately i felt it was right to include duck
Thats a hellava side Grilla.

Would be bloody hard to play against skill wise and the cheap one‘s behind the play every 2 minutes would slow you down too 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back