List Mgmt. (Poll) Whos on your shortlist for pick 23?

Whos on your shortlist for pick 23?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

All good at using pick 23 for BEsr player but when do we pick players for needs.
Next year possible two top ten picks and what happens if two Mids are best player
This years rookie draft we need to take two talls
I would look to draft for needs when we have less needs.

If we are being honest, where do we not have a need?

I'm not talking about "we don't need mids because Phillips will be a star". I think that he will be a star but I don't know.

We need more quality mids. We need a KPF. We need small and medium forwards and backs. We need another KPD developing. We need a young ruckman to replace Goldy.

If we are looking to be in the 8 in 2-3 years then our list looks like this:

FB : ??? - McKay - ???
HB : McDonald - Logue - ???
C : ??? - LDU - ???
HF : ??? - ??? - ???
FF : Zurhaar - Larkey - ???
Foll : ??? - ??? - Simpkin
(and I might be generous with Lmac and Zurhaar)

I think/hope that a lot of these spots are close to being claimed. But they haven't been, yet.

And this is assuming that we retain everyone. When I made this point pre-trade week people said that we have JHF locked into a mid spot.

I would look to draft for needs when we have less needs.

If we are being honest, where do we not have a need?

I'm not talking about "we don't need mids because Phillips will be a star". I think that he will be a star but I don't know.

We need more quality mids. We need a KPF. We need small and medium forwards and backs. We need another KPD developing. We need a young ruckman to replace Goldy.

If we are looking to be in the 8 in 2-3 years then our list looks like this:

FB : ??? - McKay - ???
HB : McDonald - Logue - ???
C : ??? - LDU - ???
HF : ??? - ??? - ???
FF : Zurhaar - Larkey - ???
Foll : ??? - ??? - Simpkin
(and I might be generous with Lmac and Zurhaar)

I think/hope that a lot of these spots are close to being claimed. But they haven't been, yet.

And this is assuming that we retain everyone. When I made this point pre-trade week people said that we have JHF locked into a mid spot.

When we no longer have needs everywhere
Yeah just thinking out aloud.
But having one KPF is just bad for our game plan and the development of our players.

Talls also take longer to develop so we need more time with them. We've also seen the impact structure (or lack of) has on our vfl team when we don't have enough talls. We also have lots of small and medium back options. Young Bergman hall perez goater mcdonald Archer bonar even Stephenson from this season. Doesn't make sense to take another half back

Are we expecting a tall drafted at pick 23 to play next season ahead of Comben, CCJ or Xerri?

I agree that we need a KPF but we also need a lot of other things.

I don't want to waste pick 23 chasing fit by drafting a KPF who won't play next season. Then we draft a CHF in the top 5 next year, or we get someone in trade week, and this pick 23 never plays a game.

I would prefer a good HBF or small forward who might play 100+ games for us.

If a KPF is close to the best pick then take them, by all means. I just dont want to force it.
We are 1-2 KPD and 2-3 KPFs away from list balance. Picking another CHF next year is exactly what we need on top of a KPP at 23.

I’m hoping we take a kpf. I know pick 23 won’t be a kpf we can rely on in 2023 but imagine if Larkey goes down….we are in some serious barney rubble then.

Charlie really needs to come good for us!

I reckon we'll get a killer small forward at 23 and then use our rookie spots for talls that fall through the draft order. Still need 1-2 more to develop in the vfl side and cover injuries etc. Especially with walker no longer on the list. Outside of shiels I reckon we'll go 1-3 first year rookies with our remaining spots.

I’m hoping we take a kpf. I know pick 23 won’t be a kpf we can rely on in 2023 but imagine if Larkey goes down….we are in some serious barney rubble then.

Charlie really needs to come good for us!
No need for a kpf - we have a plan

Ziebs throwing mahony up to mark the ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm on the Phillips train.
Mature ager who will slot straight into our back 6 as another key defender.

Keeler looks like Paddy Ryder with his agility, I don't know how we pass on him when he fits a need in three years time when he will start coming into his form

Keeler looks like Paddy Ryder with his agility, I don't know how we pass on him when he fits a need in three years time when he will start coming into his form

Can only speculate there's an off-field or mental application aspect to his lower rating?

His footage looks the epitome of a raw highly talented prospect.

The sort of kid who could burst out as the best in the draft if it clicked for him.

Can only speculate there's an off-field or mental application aspect to his lower rating?

His footage looks the epitome of a raw highly talented prospect.

The sort of kid who could burst out as the best in the draft if it clicked for him.
I said this ages ago but i'll repeat it.

By some coincidence I was checking out Stephan Micheal's highlights and then saw Keeler's a day or two later and was struck by how similarly they moved. I was watching Keeler and thinking that I saw that on that other highlight vid (Micheal's) and that guy is sposed to be the greatest WAFL player ever.

I said this ages ago but i'll repeat it.

By some coincidence I was checking out Stephan Micheal's highlights and then saw Keeler's a day or two later and was struck by how similarly they moved. I was watching Keeler and thinking that I saw that on that other highlight vid (Micheal's) and that guy is sposed to be the greatest WAFL player ever.

Yeh they certainly speak of Michael in hushed tones. Not a bad comparison!

Keeler looks a gem ferbie. Unfortunately I can picture him quietly sliding to Sydney, Shifting saying "well they've got a bargain".

Then just like Goodes, Parker etc he'll disappear into their nursery club for 12 months before returning as an immediate top 50 in the AFL level player.

Yeh they certainly speak of Michael in hushed tones. Not a bad comparison!

Keeler looks a gem ferbie. Unfortunately I can picture him quietly sliding to Sydney, Shifting saying "well they've got a bargain".

Then just like Goodes, Parker etc he'll disappear into their nursery club for 12 months before returning as an immediate top 50 in the AFL level player.
Lets hope not.

Back