Player or Pick ... Your choice

What would you choose?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Shiny toy syndrome

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Perhaps. Or maybe acknowledgment of what pick 2 can net us. Last year it did okay.

I’m from the school of thought that Key defenders are made from strong midfields nowadays and would rather invest there.

It also gives us $700k in salary cap space which can be utilised in bringing in a ‘dump’ of sorts.

Perhaps his form being a bit down this year has probably had an influence on poster's decisions.

I'm really torn on this one. Pick 2 would be great. Either it's another top youngster or it gives us flexibility for trading picks.

Signing McKay for another 5 years provided his head is in the right space, would be great too. Players like him are not easy to find hence why there's 3 or 4 clubs that are after him.

Really surprised that it's 72% wanting the unknown in the pick over a player proven to be very good in a difficult position.
Two picks in the top five this year is a pretty good shot at players that will benefit the club for years.

I din't vote cos honestly right now I'm 50/50 either way. At the start of the year I'd have said McKay without a seconds thought but this year I think some weaknesses in his game have been exposed and I think they may be big enough weaknesses that he doesn't fit with what we're trying to do moving forward.

At the same time he's won some incredible one on ones against some of the best forwards in the comp and played some excellent games.

But I wonder if his footy IQ is high enough and his reaction times after he gets the ball are quick enough to fit the game over the next five years.

Back