News Roos' 2024 player goal songs

Remove this Banner Ad

Cam Zurhaar with "I'm on my way from misery to happiness..."

Boy, this can be taken 2 ways... Let's go with the optimistic way and say we're winning a flag soon

I thought it was strategic so you can roll his name into it.

"I'm on my way from misery to happiness today,
Zurhaar, Zurhaar, Zurhaar, Zurhaar"

You know what? Hearing "NORTH MELBOURNE (clap clap clap) NORTH MELBOURNE (clap clap clap)" after a goal is THE BEST. That's what unites supporters & inspires the players. But because we're non-competitive & our crowds are putrid as a result, it's not an option.

When/if NMFC ever becomes a force again, all this match day "fluff" won't matter a bit.

The more alarming trend is an entire generation growing up without a musical identity.

The death of physical media has put a stop to the constant cycle of major labels marketing the next trends and artists, and streaming has provided a level playing field to any track regardless of its release date.

It's easier for a label throw a RHCP song onto a default Spotify playlist, and promote stadium tours, then it is for them to discover and invest in new artists.

We've reached a stage of post-music, where innovative artists are no longer able to reach a large enough audience to change the direction of music, and most popular genres as a result are at a point of stagnation.

You perform this exercise in 2004, and there would be a few old souls listening to Iron Maiden or Metallica, but the trends at the time such as Nu-Metal, Post-Grunge, and hip hop reaching its worldwide commercial apex thanks to artists like Eminem and Outkast, would be very well represented. Instead this list reads as an AI generated mix of songs, randomly picked through no discernible pattern.
i think this happens at a meta-level within bands and genres itself without the influence of streaming products, iron maiden whilst the recent releases are far better written and produced than early albums such as killers, piece of mind, beast, etc are nowhere as raw and maybe as older artists they are a bit more conservative, could prolly say the same to a lesser degree with metallica, kill em all, ride the lightning and puets still today i fod their best albums , songs like the trooper, aces high , orion , whiplash and fade to black are out and out classics. i wonder if Alexander the great was released 10 years earlier with rawer undertones how it would have faired ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back