Game Day Practice Game 2024 - Roos v Saints - Moorabin- 2pm ish

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolute pieces of s**t and their VFL supporters when at Trevor Barker Beach Oval are even worse.

Making filth comments to a 5 year old boy, followed by me telling them what pedos their club adores and dwarf burning. Scum, genuine scum and I hope they all burn inside their own shithole.
Their most famous moment has their captain wearing a Collingwood guernsey.

Their greatest player is better known as a Sydney player.

God bless 'em. No wonder they're so ****ed in the head.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Went today. Never again.

Moorabbin is an absolute shithole.
Took 30 minutes to get in because they only had two people at the gate scanning tickets.
Could have opened up another gate or had 4 people but no. As per usual the AFL couldn’t organise or plan anything successfully if they tried.

Main observations:
-From the moment Jy got cleaned up until halftime we looked disinterested.
We should have been atleast 8 goals down at half time. 2nd quarter was woeful.
-Happy we came back into it and hit the front. Lazzaro was a catalyst for this and Wardlaw and Phillips lifted as a result.
-Xerri gets lots of taps but they are ineffective. Doesn’t take marks around the ground or show any real in-game smarts. We were spoiled for choice with Todd and it’s no reason we kept him around for so long. But we have no one else on the list other than Xerri so he needs to stay fit.
-CCJ is a donkey. Greenwood must play centre half forward, otherwise put Comben up there again. It can’t be CCJ.
-not worried on LDU. He was coasting and will be right to go for round one.
-Lazzaro, Powell and Phillips are so inconsistent. Can do amazing and terrible things in a matter of seconds. Just pump games into them.
-Stephens and Scott were serviceable
-Fisher off half back was best on ground. Wasn’t a fan of trading for him but he was great today.
-Kerch was poor but will be better for the run.
-Biggie had a great last quarter, otherwise he and Pink were mehh. Dawson a little better and only he should be in contention for round 1.
-Sheezel is a gun. Will win the BnF again
-Goater also picked himself for round 1.
-As did Duursma. Our best forward today by far.

All in all a 3 goal loss sounds about right and we’ll be better for the run.
* Jimmy Webster also the piece of s**t

Went today. Never again.

Took 30 minutes to get in because they only had two people at the gate scanning tickets.
Could have opened up another gate or had 4 people but no. As per usual the AFL couldn’t organise or plan anything successfully if they tried.

Main observations:
-From the moment Jy got cleaned up until halftime we looked disinterested.
We should have been atleast 8 goals down at half time. 2nd quarter was woeful.
-Happy we came back into it and hit the front. Lazzaro was a catalyst for this and Wardlaw and Phillips lifted as a result.
-Xerri gets lots of taps but they are ineffective. Doesn’t take marks around the ground or show any real in-game smarts. We were spoiled for choice with Todd and it’s no reason we kept him around for so long. But we have no one else on the list other than Xerri so he needs to stay fit.
-CCJ is a donkey. Greenwood must play centre half forward, otherwise put Comben up there again. It can’t be CCJ.
-not worried on LDU. He was coasting and will be right to go for round one.
-Lazzaro, Powell and Phillips are so inconsistent. Can do amazing and terrible things in a matter of seconds. Just pump games into them.
-Stephens and Scott were serviceable
-Fisher off half back was best on ground. Wasn’t a fan of trading for him but he was great today.
-Kerch was poor but will be better for the run.
-Biggie had a great last quarter, otherwise he and Pink were mehh. Dawson a little better and only he should be in contention for round 1.
-Sheezel is a gun. Will win the BnF again
-Goater also picked himself for round 1.
-As did Duursma. Our best forward today by far.

All in all a 3 goal loss sounds about right and we’ll be better for the run.
* Jimmy Webster also the piece of s**t

Just finished watching the match.

Maybe it's because I didn't watch live and knew the result and the way in which the game would pan out, but I am ultra optimistic after that.

Firstly, I went to the first praccy match at la Trobe when it was blowing a gale. If you told me that we'd go from that showing to playing the saints at home with a massive wind (which we didn't get advantage from early) and running them close I'd be surprised.

The only negative for me is that were didn't win! Infront half way through the last qrt, playing better than them and we let a great opportunity slip for a "nourishing" win.

That said, first qrt we didn't take anywhere near as much advantage from the wind as we should. Second qrt wasn't as bad as I thought. Sure we looked like breaking down but we kept at it and made some headway. Third qrt we dominated, and the last qrt I would say we outplayed them overall given the wind advantage. It was certainly a massive difference between qrts 2 and 4.

As I said in the Phillips thread, it was a rebound game for us, and them mostly except when they went into the wind in the third. So midfield numbers were down for us and them. I was happy enough with all ldu, Phillips,wardlaw, powell and lazz. The big standout statistically was the centre square difference, but I think it was one of those days where we had front position/advantage in the clearance, but were harassed to loose the chance and they'd win it getting to the footy second. Sometimes that happens.

I was very happy with our defenders. Sure conditions didn't suit King and the other talls, but the group worked well together. I'd agree Biggie was the last of the 3 talls, with Dawson a standout. Other than that first free to king he looked very assured. I would think Dawson and Pink are locks for round 1. And if Corr and Comben aren't ready Biggie might well play as well. That said, Goater was fantastic and that was easily his best senior game. His aerial ability is really coming on, so they might just use him as the third tall.

Have to mention Zac Fisher, a career high 36 disposals in your first full game for the club. But it wasn't just his touches but his run, his competing, his enthusiasm. Wow is all I can say.

Stephens also very good. He's only had 20 plus touches 5 out of his 43 games to date. He's had over 20 in the last 2 games for us against opposition and he knocked up getting the footy in the intra clubs.

Scott and tucker will be better for the run. McKercher was solid, made a couple of blues and the wind played havoc with his ball drop at times, but he's got a bit of grunt about him and he looked very promising.

Xerri was very good again. His improvement might be accelerating. He's taken care of Cameron/Cox and now Marshall.

Dursma was a real surprise packet. Definitely plays round 1 based on that.

CCJ - so im not a fan, and reading the hate that came through on the game day thread I thought he must have had a shocker. To be honest I thought he was his normal self. He showed little co ordination, awareness, ability to create a contest, ability to win a contest. He's like that every week. He must be deaf because he can't hear the umps standing next to him yelling. Comben plays his role and we are 2 goals better easily imo. I'd almost consider bringing Ford in, and let Biggie support X in the ruck.

The umpiring. I'm half way through the second qrt and I'm thinking, what is everyone talking about. Yeah there were some dodgy calls on marks for dursma but it hasn't been poor? Then they just stopped paying holding the ball to north. There were several real dodgy ones that were so obviously a free kick that I gasped when they weren't paid. I think there were 3 to Phillips and a couple to Wardlaw. A last qrt non mark to zuhaar was the icing on the cake.

End of the day. If that is our base line this year, we win 10 games imo.

Went today. Never again.

It really boggles the mind how bad the Saints were at managing basic logistics today.

The entry gates were a shamozzle.
The lines for food and drink were obscene.
Staff didn't know basic information - I was looking for toilets and asked multiple RSEA staff and no one knew where they were??
There was no area setup for people with a disability that would ensure they could actually see the game.
I didn't see anywhere to fill up a bottle of water.

Just basic s**t when it comes to hosting a crowd... It was so bad.

It really boggles the mind how bad the Saints were at managing basic logistics today.

The entry gates were a shamozzle.
The lines for food and drink were obscene.
Staff didn't know basic information - I was looking for toilets and asked multiple RSEA staff and no one knew where they were??
There was no area setup for people with a disability that would ensure they could actually see the game.
I didn't see anywhere to fill up a bottle of water.

Just basic s**t when it comes to hosting a crowd... It was so bad.

ARSE Park should never host a "Community Series" game again. It was like they didn't anticipate that any crowd above friends and family would show up. Every aspect of logistics from the lack of toilets, open gates or basic customer service was a fail.

It's a shame that the "Community Series" consists of a series of one game per side, all played in the metropolitan community and/or existing AFL venues. Like the Saints lady yesterday who told me that the Webster incident was a "fair tackle", "Community Series" is a two-word description where neither word is correct.

Didnt go to the ground today despite having tickets because of all the unknowns, parking toilets seating etc.
Given the reports here glad I didnt in the end.
There were some great signs today that we are on the up though, one of the biggest takeouts for me is we had a LOT of players who were ordinary by their standard and we only lost by 19 points. The comeback after half time was great to watch.
We have lost so much experience but the kids will get us where we need to go. So much upside from the recruiting over the last couple of years as opposed to years before. There are still some holes but they arent as big as they used to be.
The future is bright

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TT was there. Not sure if anyone else saw him. Smiling and laughing he looked in good spirits. Didn’t look like someone who has pissed their AFL career away.
Why the * would he be there?

Went today. Never again.

There were two gates but both were banked up.

ARSE Park should never host a "Community Series" game again. It was like they didn't anticipate that any crowd above friends and family would show up. Every aspect of logistics from the lack of toilets, open gates or basic customer service was a fail.

It seems their crowd predictions and logistics planning may have been distorted by the match sim game the previous weekend when StKilda hosted Essendon at the same venue. They had no issues that day. And I imagine they expected Essendon to be a much bigger crowd draw than North Melbourne.

Cos his team mates were playing? Maybe all the stories about him not giving a s**t about them are just stories.
He's sacked though? Given recent events, I would have thought the club would appreciate some distance between TT/North.

Second game in a row we have run out the game pretty well, and against 2 teams who can run…. Big tick.

Huge takeaway for me. Running 'til the end was promising. Came up against a very defensive and well-rounded team that could have put us away in the second but didn't and we nearly made them pay for it. A pretty ideal practice matchup.

Where does LMAC honestly fit when he is fit?

It can't be at the expense of Sheezel, McKercher and Fisher. They are all dynamic runners out of half back.

Based on the last 2 weeks, it can't be at the expense of Goater, he's just so much more athletic and bigger. He can genuinely play tall and small and provide run himself. We are crazy if we don't try and pump 22 games into him.

The remainder of positions are made up with Biggy, Pink and Dawson.

Where does LMAC honestly fit when he is fit?

It can't be at the expense of Sheezel, McKercher and Fisher. They are all dynamic runners out of half back.

Based on the last 2 weeks, it can't be at the expense of Goater, he's just so much more athletic and bigger. He can genuinely play tall and small and provide run himself.

The remainder of positions are made up with Biggy, Pink and Dawson.

Did anyone watch the VFL game? I heard he didn't go well but I'm keen to hear details. It is really hard to see how he fits into the seniors, and if it comes at the expense of continuity for a player who's currently performing well or needs the experience I'll be ropeable. Elephant in the room.

He's sacked though? Given recent events, I would have thought the club would appreciate some distance between TT/North.
He is still part of the club while he gets mental health and other support from them.

Who knows tho, he might have been there to talk to the Saints or on his own cos he wanted to watch us play.

He is still part of the club while he gets mental health and other support from them.

Who knows tho, he might have been there to talk to the Saints or on his own cos he wanted to watch us play.
l hope TT paid his $5 to get a ticket to get in.. ;) :laughv1:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back