News Roos' 2024 player goal songs

Remove this Banner Ad

REVEALED: Roos' 2024 player goal songs​

For the first time ever, North Melbourne's AFL players will have individual goal songs for home games at Marvel Stadium and Blundstone Arena in 2024

Thoughts on the player's songs?

Few blokes I'd be keen to delist after this.

I'm stunned that someone selected Plastic Bertrand's Ca Plane Pour Moi (well done Eddie) but no one selected anything from Taylor Swift, who is surely a better choice than Pink, Rihanna, Psy or Shakira. Although, I'm not entirely sure I can say that honestly as I don't think I have heard any song from any of those four artists, except for Shakira, but two minutes later I couldn't even tell you the name of the song, it was so utterly forgettable.

Xerri's choice of Breathe by the Prodigy was another good selection, but they are few and far between.

Don't you dare ever put Shakira and Psy in the same batch as the others.

Georgy Boy screams Talking Heads' Psycho Killer.

The lad's missed a trick there.

I imagine he and WilPhil kick back sip a sherry, pinkies extended, as they discuss the greatest stanza of the Nutcracker.

Jy just an all round good song choice to prove that he truly is a king. Comben another indisputably good song.

Sheez will nip off for some nice relaxing house or trance.

Honourable mention to Griff and Corr 😍

Bailey and Curtis should actually be shown the door for those choices.

I'm stunned that someone selected Plastic Bertrand's Ca Plane Pour Moi (well done Eddie) but no one selected anything from Taylor Swift, who is surely a better choice than Pink, Rihanna, Psy or Shakira. Although, I'm not entirely sure I can say that honestly as I don't think I have heard any song from any of those four artists, except for Shakira, but two minutes later I couldn't even tell you the name of the song, it was so utterly forgettable.

Xerri's choice of Breathe by the Prodigy was another good selection, but they are few and far between.
You do know music is subjective?

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes there is no doubt some have taken the p*ss, but everyone has a different taste in music so fair enough, though in my opinion there are joint winners of this and that's LDU, George Wardlaw and Colby Mckercher with Charlie Comben not far behind.

I’d like to think the players have great taste in 80s and 90s music and that I can relate to them however I fear that most of them are taking the p*ss.
Warlord turned up to an interview in a New Order shirt at one point last season, and put some Stone Roses on a playlist someone posted. Fair to say he doesn't mind that stuff. I was hoping he'd chose Loaded by Primal Scream.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grading the rucks and forwards named in the squad this weekend, as you'd expect to hear these tracks more than a couple of times each year.

Jaidyn Stephenson - D-. This isn't a funeral, Jaidyn.

Zane Duursma - C-. Slightly better than Stephenson's effort, but very bland. The type of choice that you'll have forgotten about each time Duursma kicks a goal, so you'll experience the disappointment repeatedly.

Nick Larkey - F-. Seriously, Nick Larkey? I thought going to watch a David Noble coached side was bad, but now we have to sit through Coldplay three to five times per game. God forbid he goes for 10. At this point in the list, it's an absolute disaster. We're at a sporting event, not a wedding planning convention.

Callum Coleman-Jones - A. Not a perfect A+, as CCJ most certainly does not shake us all night long. You'd get hyped hearing this track after a Zurhaar snap from the pocket, but after CCJ awkwardly gets hit in the head and takes a minute to slot it in from 25m out, you'd probably rather we just get on with it.

Paul Curtis - C+. Has potential, but I have no idea where he plucked this one from. Might grow into a higher grade, as long as he doesn't keep passing off to Mr Coldplay.

Tristan Xerri - A. Great track. This was easily one of the standouts.

Eddie Ford - A+. Nailed it. High energy, has some personality, and just like Fordy is a bit out there. This should be the most memorable of these tracks if Ford has himself a 20+ goal year.

Cam Zurhaar - B+. Bold choice from Zurhaar, but I'm backing it to pay off. It's upbeat, most people know of it, and it has a very positive vibe. It's a bit different, but so is Cam Zurhaar.

Last edited:
Grading the rucks and forwards named in the squad this weekend, as you'd expect to hear these tracks more than a couple of times each year.

Jaidyn Stephenson - D-. This isn't a funeral, Jaidyn.

Zane Duursma - C-. Slightly better than Stephenson's effort, but very bland. The type of choice that you'll have forgotten about each time Duursma kicks a goal, so you'll experience the disappointment repeatedly.

Nick Larkey - F-. Seriously, Nick Larkey? I thought going to watch a David Noble coached side was bad, but now we have to sit through Coldplay three to five times per game. God forbid he goes for 10. At this point in the list, it's an absolute disaster. We're at a sporting event, not a wedding planning convention.

Callum Coleman-Jones - A. Not a perfect A+, as CCJ most certainly does not shake us all night long. You'd get hyped hearing this track after a Zurhaar snap from the pocket, but after CCJ awkwardly gets hit in the head and takes a minute to slot it in from 25m out, you'd probably rather we just get on it with it.

Paul Curtis - C+. Has potential, but I have no idea where he plucked this one from. Might grow into a higher grade, as long as he doesn't keep passing off to Mr Coldplay.

Tristan Xerri - A. Great track. This was easily one of the standouts.

Eddie Ford - A+. Nailed it. High energy, has some personality, and just like Fordy is a bit out there. This should be the most memorable of these tracks if Ford has himself a 20+ goal year.

Cam Zurhaar - B+. Bold choice from Zurhaar, but I'm backing it to pay off. It's upbeat, most people know of it, and it has a very positive vibe. It's a bit different, but so is Cam Zurhaar.
Pretty solid assessment. I'm hoping Eddie has a 70 goal season and Larkey kicks a majority of his goals in our away games. :)

Viva La Vida is a banger, North fans will come around to it on Larkey's hunt for the Coleman. As much as I love Duursma and want him to kick numerous bags, I cannot stand the Chili Peppers and hate that song in particular. Do better young Zane!

Gonna echo others in saying that Ford did not disappoint, and Xerri has a great pick too. Wardlaw and Tucker with the funniest picks. When I saw Spongebob I thought the latter had picked Sweet Victory, which would have been great, but his choice is even more elite.

Must admit DEVO Whip it would have been an excellent choice

Viva La Vida is a banger, North fans will come around to it on Larkey's hunt for the Coleman. As much as I love Duursma and want him to kick numerous bags, I cannot stand the Chili Peppers and hate that song in particular. Do better young Zane!

Gonna echo others in saying that Ford did not disappoint, and Xerri has a great pick too. Wardlaw and Tucker with the funniest picks. When I saw Spongebob I thought the latter had picked Sweet Victory, which would have been great, but his choice is even more elite.
viva la vida, like every coldplay song, isn't necessarily a bad song. It's a four chord song, it's catchy, simple enough to stick in your head. Some slightly emotive lyrics but nothing too evocative, largely lamenting. It's not as if there's clashing key signatures or poor sync in the rythm. There's also very little to it from a music perspective. Even adding orchestral instruments and brief choir elements they do very little other than just hit the base notes of the four chords. But, like every released coldplay song, even if you have never sought out to hear it once in you're life, you're garaunteed to still have heard it a million times. Because it's a car ad kind of a song. Suffer from success, they are massively overplayed, so it doesn't fill me with excitement to be the song that is without a shadow of a doubt going to be the song we hear the most this year.

But like others have said, it's subjective.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back