Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number 10

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Calling it now, if Grundy plays 2-3 good vfl games in the next few weeks, he will be in the team. Te writing is on the wall- Buckley said he wants a 3 tall forward line meaning 2 key forwards and a second ruck. The way I see it is that the 2nd key forward is between Paine and lynch, and it could be as soon as next week that we see that change made.
I feel like the second ruck position is there for Grundy to take as soon as he is match fit and considering he has been in full training for 4+ weeks I reckon he is a fair shot to cement himself in the second half of the season. Strength isn't an issue and neither is skill, the way I see it is he just needs fitness and he will be in as lynch has been frankly quite useless for a fair while now.

When we drafted him they said he was ready made to play AFL so I agree and think we will be seeing him soon. Would certainly offer us more than Witts and Lynch at the moment.

If he plays before Paine, then that would just about tell me that JP has limited future at the club.

Not at all.

Paine is purely a KPF. He potentially replaces Dawes (2010 / 2011 model), Caff (2010 model) and Goldsack (2012 model)

Grundy is a future 2nd ruckman. He potentially replaces Dawes (2012 model), Leigh Brown, Lynch.

Not at all.

Paine is purely a KPF. He potentially replaces Dawes (2010 / 2011 model), Caff (2010 model) and Goldsack (2012 model)

Grundy is a future 2nd ruckman. He potentially replaces Dawes (2012 model), Leigh Brown, Lynch.

Yes, I understand that but if Grundy played a few games this year, it would be mainly as a KP forward/ 3rd forward.
I would doubt that he would be expected to spend much time rucking monsters in 2013.

Yes, I understand that but if Grundy played a few games this year, it would be mainly as a KP forward/ 3rd forward.
I would doubt that he would be expected to spend much time rucking monsters in 2013.

Yeah agree, and Hine said as much pre-season.

But even if Grundy focuses on KPF in 2013, he'll eventually have more of a rucking role beyond that, and so Paine will still have a place in the squad.

And he'll be needed if Cloke gets injured - Touch wood, but he's not getting any younger.

(Unless Paine gets displaced by Richmond, Gault or Moore, but that's unlikely to happen anytime soon)

Witts is miles ahead of Grundy, big Brodie needs at least 4-5 games in the VFL before he will even be considered, which is about the time we play GWS anyway.

Witts was superb, in the ruck and up forward, Grundy was terrible up forward and ok in the ruck, but will get better.

Grundy is basically doing his NAB Cup practice routine now, give him time.

Witts is miles ahead of Grundy, big Brodie needs at least 4-5 games in the VFL before he will even be considered, which is about the time we play GWS anyway.

Witts was superb, in the ruck and up forward, Grundy was terrible up forward and ok in the ruck, but will get better.

Especially on today's performance. Hoping that Grundy usually takes more than two steps when kicking over a mark

Grundy is still miles away judging from today's game. He looked like he was being very careful and almost like he was just going around for the run. He's 2 months off being fit enough for senior football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No hurry - just let the kid develop the body, tank, game to have a long and successful career
I'm calling it now just in case he does play this year and I can say I told you so since I started this thread.

I'm calling it now just in case he does play this year and I can say I told you so since I started this thread.
I meant calling it now before the vfl game. He lacks fitness and that was evident considering he probably had about 50-60% game time and only played in the ruck about 20%.

At the Moment Witts is way ahead of Grundy but he it be Intresting as you say in about 3 Games when his back to 100% Match Fit then we can see if he is pushing for Selection.

I liked him in the Ruck and Showed some good signs.

I don't want to pot a kid playing his second game of senior footy. .....but I have to say I am disappointed with his kicking. Its a technique thing that needs to be turned around fast. A few weeks ago I was at training and he wasnt with the main group so he was doing some goalkicking with one of the assistants.......he was woeful missing shots from 30m out. Today his kicking off two steps was very worrying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back