• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 19, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Swans Blog
Usually Chief or The_Wookie would run some sort of competition each season guessing who the first coach is to be sacked and offering a premium membership. But this season, not so! Maybe if we get this ball rolling, they'll join in and throw a premium BF membership for the rest of the season their way!

So far we're 6 rounds in and the fire is well and truly lit under Mick Malthouse. Damien Hardwick isn't far from the furnace and the way that the Suns are going, Eade could be canned before the season is out. Last season was a ripper with a lot of coaches moving, but this season looks like it isn't going to be as volatile.

So guess the coach, the week and the result, and hopefully Chief will be a charitable fella in 2015!

Hardwick, Monday July 13 after losing to Carlton on the Friday night .

Second choice is Hardwick again, Monday June 8 after losing to Fremantle on the Friday night and with the bye the following weekend.

Just have a feeling Mick won't be sacked. I think Carlton will be too respectful of his stature in the game. If he is "being sacked" i think you will find it spun as a resignation.

Mick either needs to get a 3 year contract or be moved on though.

Just have a feeling Mick won't be sacked. I think Carlton will be too respectful of his stature in the game. If he is "being sacked" i think you will find it spun as a resignation.

Mick either needs to get a 3 year contract or be moved on though.

There's more chance of Carlton playing finals then there is of Mick going along with the clubs "resigning" spin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Malthouse would have been sacked already if Carlton could afford to do so....It's mere;y now a face saving exercise given the size of his contract.

Whoever is making the decisions on their list these past 3 seasons is clearly working under cover for Fat Ed!

Can't see either of Hardwick or Leppitsch getting another gig in 2016.

Nothing to do with tenure,it's performance mate.

We're 3-3 after a very, very tough draw. We've faced Sydney, Hawthorn, Freo and have North this week. Have generally given a pretty good account of ourselves.

If we were 2-4 with Richmond's draw, the media would be pretty loud. As they should be.

Think it would be a good get by Richmond if they sack Hardwick and get Malthouse. Former player, proven to get best out of players. Really don't think the scrap coming out of Carlton is his work. It was a mess when Ratten got sacked.

Nothing to do with tenure,it's performance mate.
Hird 39 wins, 1 draw, 31 losses. 55.63%

Hardwick 53 wins, 2 draws, 61 losses. 45.76%

Dimma Hardwick, purely because I think Carltank will give Mick the season before giving him the chop.

Collingwood doing OK atm. Brad Scott probably is pretty safe with his last season result unless the North's season turns desastrous. And I find it unlikely for Eade to be sacked after being in the position for less then a full season. So Malthouse, Leppitsch and Hardwick under the most pressure. Leppitsch probably will be kept when he has concept for the future that the board rates. Malthouse and Hardwick are there for immediate results. Less time in charge, a higher profile and a worse list perhaps likely works in favor of Malthouse, so I'd go with Hardwick as well...

Tigers have Collingwood, Power, Essendon and Fremantle before their bye. If the results go as expected im not sure Hardwick can last till then.

Back