Injury Hanley out for 18 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

18-20 weeks so says Burton. Sounds like it could have been a really serious long term issue had they not dealt with it now. Wow, 4 months doesnt seem so bad any more

Adamantium. Duh.
017f6d2e0f58f3705f4cb13b60adc2a0.jpg

Shame that he probably won't get fitness back till end of the season

Great Irish success story though
Just in times for finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to hear Brions. Quality player and seems a quality bloke. Hopefully a fit Rich, Luenberger & Staker, and gelling of the midfield can see u blokes improve this year.

With regards to Hanley coming back after the bye (fingers crossed) - our first ten games before our bye are OK with only 2 games in the unlikely win category (North away, Port home). Going into the Bye round 5 - 5 is very possible :footy:

Saturday, April 04
Brisbane Lions v Collingwood

Sunday, April 12

North Melbourne v Brisbane Lions

Saturday, April 18

Brisbane Lions v Richmond

Sunday, April 26
Brisbane Lions v West Coast Eagles

Saturday, May 02

Gold Coast Suns v Brisbane Lions

Sunday, May 10

Carlton v Brisbane Lions

Sunday, May 17
Brisbane Lions v Port Adelaide

Sunday, May 24
Essendon v Brisbane Lions

Sunday, May 31

Brisbane Lions v St Kilda

Sunday, June 07

GWS Giants v Brisbane Lions

A pre season hip injury putting a player out for 18 weeks is fairly odd yeah?

Hope he has a speedy recovery.

A pre season hip injury putting a player out for 18 weeks is fairly odd yeah?

Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Cartledge was completely detatched I believe, they've had to drill the bone and glue the cartledge back on, both sides as well.

Will be on the grav walker in 10-12 weeks, as well as pool work, back to field work 15-17 weeks and then game fitness pending back in the mix 18-20.

Cartledge was completely detatched I believe, they've had to drill the bone and glue the cartledge back on, both sides as well.

Will be on the grav walker in 10-12 weeks, as well as pool work, back to field work 15-17 weeks and then game fitness pending back in the mix 18-20.

That sounds awful.

Was it something long term they have been managing or out of the blue?

I have no doubt that Hanley is up to the task and will have himself back on the park asap.

That sounds awful.

Was it something long term they have been managing or out of the blue?

I have no doubt that Hanley is up to the task and will have himself back on the park asap.

Out of the blue they said...Had been training the house down before christmas break, got back from Ireland and first few training sessions had a bit of soreness in his hips. They went for scans, decide for surgery, found it was significantly worse than first thought. No way they could have managed him through a whole season and not done permenant damage really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back