wart101

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 18, 2006
Under the fridge
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland FC
It's hard being a richmond supporter and keeping the faith, over the last decade we have been told that things are gonna change, promises have been made from which we haven't seen any results.

The last couple of years have been perticulary hard, Wallace and Miller made probably the most promises from which for some reason most tiger fans believed, me included, it wasn't untill close to the end i think most of us realised that they never had the ability to forfill any of the promises and if anything we are in worse shape now than after the frawly era.

So here we are, a proud club, but a broken one, Hardwick is here and we are being asked to keep the faith yet again, keep it for another few years because at the end of the road there will be success, we are being asked to have faith in a new coach, the selected playing group because they are the best available, i have to say for me this is really hard, i love football and i love the tigers!! but to be asked to believe after so much has happened is a really hard request.

But i will, if i don't the game that i love will sease to exist and the day that my once great club moves to the top i won't want to or care to see it.

Hardwick has just embarked on probably one of the most difficult jobs in AFL history, regaining the faith of a clubs proud but bitter fans and guiding them to the top once again.

I do feel sorry for him but at the same time i want him to know that i support him, he hasn't made any promises he just has a plan and if anything, that is all he can do!!

I posted this on the AFL forum aswell but i wanted to share it here, I don't post much on here any more since most of it was frustration and it served no purpose, but i felt like i had something to say and no where to say it except here!!!

I also don't feel sorry for him. I think he is capable and strong to change the culture.

Also, he knew our list and problems before applying for the job. He looks like he is commited to this job - same with B Gale.

I don’t feel sorry for him at all, and I bet he isn’t walking around feeling it either. He knew what he was up againsed, and he is hell bent on changing us. Today’s 8 week suspension is just another example of his commitment. He will be bitterly disappointed with Connors, but I don’t think he will lose sleep tonight.

It would be nice if some of these boys got a bloody kick they are all show ponys polo? Mcguane? Conners? and of coarse Benny he got our membership up last year because of you coming over but guess what you have given nothing but a whole heap of problems mate. You are a Richmond player Now not a ******** from the west coast if you are fair dinkcum about your football put in for Christ Sake!

I don’t feel sorry for him at all, and I bet he isn’t walking around feeling it either. He knew what he was up againsed, and he is hell bent on changing us. Today’s 8 week suspension is just another example of his commitment. He will be bitterly disappointed with Connors, but I don’t think he will lose sleep tonight.

That's the kind of faith i'm talking about, and i promise u i'm not the only tiger fan that feels this way, I hope u r right and something comes of this!!

Dimma coaches from the boundary line for a reason mate. He is not concerned so much with results and more concerned with communicating his instructions to the younger players face to face.
Once he is comfortable that the kids have learned, he will move back upto the coach's box, that's when we will know he will flick the switch and start putting everything into place.

I know what you mean wart but I always laugh when someone in the media says, "Ah, who'd be a coach?" I would! Imagine getting 5-10 times my wage just to be a coach and involved in something which is my passion. Gold! can't imagine it's any more stressful than being a low-paid parent of three with a mortgage.

All we have is hope.

Its a premature question, but if Damien fails, is that the end?

FWIW, I think he will save us, although it could be a loooong time until it happens, I just hope the club/supporters/players stick with it.

why is everyone so negative :cool:

I can see some exciting signs happening this year. It's only 3 or 4 players who we need to get a handfull of games into for our team to start to look exciting. 80% of our best 22 probably have at least 50 games each. We are just waiting for the vital pieces to our jigsaw to fall into place. By the end of the year we'll be marked as the team on the rise in 2011

why is everyone so negative :cool:

I can see some exciting signs happening this year. It's only 3 or 4 players who we need to get a handfull of games into for our team to start to look exciting. 80% of our best 22 probably have at least 50 games each. We are just waiting for the vital pieces to our jigsaw to fall into place. By the end of the year we'll be marked as the team on the rise in 2011

i know MT, just like death by 1000 cuts until we see that u turn in the trend line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't feel sorry for him. Big $$$$ in the big time. He knew he wasn't taking over Geelong.
If he was worried about short term he wouldn't have suspended McGuane.
Bazaar was right, he won't be losing any sleep tonight!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back