Welcome Harley Bennell (To make long awaited Dockers Debut!)

Remove this Banner Ad

And of course, if they were any good, they would go and' hunt' the ball themselves. Typical Lyon attitude and gameplan
Don't be stupid. Say what you want about the "Lyon game plan", hunting the ball is not an issue.

Only idiots (and opposition trolls) still talk about the Lyon gameplan these days anyway. First half of the season when we were scoring 97 points a game, wasn't even mentioned - I challenge you to find one post you made in the first 8 games where you were complaining about the game plan.
Then we get forward line woes, a couple of players go missing (both skills and injury/suspension wise) and all of a sudden it's the "Lyon game plan".
Know what Archer says? I can't, because I'd be censured.

Don't be stupid. Say what you want about the "Lyon game plan", hunting the ball is not an issue.

Only idiots (and opposition trolls) still talk about the Lyon gameplan these days anyway. First half of the season when we were scoring 97 points a game, wasn't even mentioned - I challenge you to find one post you made in the first 8 games where you were complaining about the game plan.
Then we get forward line woes, a couple of players go missing (both skills and injury/suspension wise) and all of a sudden it's the "Lyon game plan".
Know what Archer says? I can't, because I'd be censured.

What's good 8 games over a couple of years? Still even couldn't manage to average 100 points!

I want Harley but only if some other teams want him. If we are the only ones that want him what does that say.

It's 14 yr old girl chosing a boyfriend logic but I can't help but feel that way.

What's good 8 games over a couple of years? Still even couldn't manage to average 100 points!
And you think that has to do with the game plan?

Want to play a game? I'll give you a bunch of stats to find. You provide the answers.
Between us both, we might find the statistical answer, one way or the other, regarding Ross Lyon.
It'll mean you have to do most of the work, because all I'm going to be doing is asking questions and leaving you to find the answers, but hey if you're going to run down the team and the coach, onus is on you anyway - we finished minor premiers so you're on the back foot to begin with.
If you find say two or three stats which wipe out my opinion, you gain the right to ask the questions - team based, of course.

I might even lose the argument, because I haven't done too much in the way of research myself.
You game? Could take a while. Keep us both occupied in the off season.
Feel free to suggest any other rules you can think of, and I'll take them under consideration. Team based, is the key to questioning.

Here's the first, if you are:

How many forward entries did Fremantle make this year, and where does that place the team by comparison with the other sides?

How many forward entries did Fremantle make this year, and where does that place the team by comparison with the other sides?

48.7 per game. 14th in the league.

Hawthorn were first in that stat with 56.1. Worst was Carlton with 44.1

So our fwd line is fine, what's their conversion efficiency like in comparison?

I didn't sign up for all this math!

1st for i50s is Hawthorn. 56.1 i50s for 16.1 goals = 0.287 goals per i50.

=4th for i50s was Syd with 53.9 for 12.8 goals = 0.237 goals per i50
=4th for i50s was WCE with 53.9 i50s for 14.9 goals = 0.276 goals per i50.

14th for i50s is Freo. 48.7 i50s for 12.2 goals = 0.251 goals per i50

18th was Carlton. 44.1 i50s for 10 goals = 0.227 goals per i50.

So, our forward line was more efficient than Sydney , but not in the same league as WCE and Hawks. CBF doing the other teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your appreciation of their talents means diddly squat but Fyfes praise of them now thats something else again and I think I will stick with his opinion thank you very much.;)

You can disagree with his opinion but saying it has no value isn't constructive or sensical on a footy forum. Just because a player or coach says one thing doesn't mean it can't be questioned.

You can disagree with his opinion but saying it has no value isn't constructive or sensical on a footy forum. Just because a player or coach says one thing doesn't mean it can't be questioned.

You can disagree with his opinion but saying it isn't constructive or sensical doesn't have any value on a footy forum. Just because an opinion is questioned doesn't mean it is worthwhile.

Want to play a game? I'll give you a bunch of stats to find. You provide the answers.
Between us both, we might find the statistical answer, one way or the other, regarding Ross Lyon.
It'll mean you have to do most of the work, because all I'm going to be doing is asking questions and leaving you to find the answers, but hey if you're going to run down the team and the coach, onus is on you anyway - we finished minor premiers so you're on the back foot to begin with.
If you find say two or three stats which wipe out my opinion, you gain the right to ask the questions - team based, of course.

I might even lose the argument, because I haven't done too much in the way of research myself.
You game? Could take a while. Keep us both occupied in the off season.
Feel free to suggest any other rules you can think of, and I'll take them under consideration. Team based, is the key to questioning.

Can we keep this discussion in the Lyon thread.

So, our forward line was more efficient than Sydney , but not in the same league as WCE and Hawks. CBF doing the other teams.
Nice work!

That was my suspicion. Our midfield is too pedestrian/defensive. This also explains why D Pearce is always picked. Getting Harley Bennell will be more important to us than McCarthy.

The point I was trying to make is that opinions on here mean zilch .The opinions that matter are the players and the clubs.

You can disagree with his opinion but saying it isn't constructive or sensical doesn't have any value on a footy forum. Just because an opinion is questioned doesn't mean it is worthwhile.

The point I was trying to make is that opinions on here mean zilch .The opinions that matter are the players and the clubs.

Coaches and players can get it wrong.

You say my post doesn't have any value because I questioned the merit and constructiveness of another? Then what is the purpose of your post. To do the same thing? I don't think what you wrote makes as much sense as you think it did. Or maybe you are just trolling me in which case well done, have one of these :rainbow:

You say my post doesn't have any value because I questioned the merit and constructiveness of another? Then what is the purpose of your post. To do the same thing? I don't think what you wrote makes as much sense as you think it did. Or maybe you are just trolling me in which case well done, have one of these :rainbow:

Back at you. That was my point.
Edit: the bolded bit just below the quote. Because thirteen year olds think that I'm twelve.

Last edited:

X2

These threads are full of opinions and most people arguing their point are often wrong but sometimes right.

So good to see someone actually willing to do the numbers, instead of relying on worn-out cliches.
It would be an interesting game in the off-season, but I'm not sure too many have the patience... perception appears to rule, even if it's often wrong.
The big picture is going to need a lot more questions.

Can we keep this discussion in the Lyon thread.
And you, Banker, are just a big nancy. You started this. Don't go crying wrong thread now you've been called.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back