Player Watch Harry DeMattia

Remove this Banner Ad

someone here said that they can’t stop seeing Harry’s surname as Dementia.
I got stuck on that.

But now I’ve read someone else calling him Whatsa

As in Whatsa dematter wit ya
(Apply Italian accent please)

I think we have a nickname conflict. Which wins?

I kinda like Whatsa.
Whatsa dematter with dementia?
Hea tinksa hea pleyin wit de Carltona
Mama Mia. Granda feil

Hea hasa this stoopido haira. Looka likea sheepa doggo
the phantom menace GIF by Star Wars

I'd be surprised if he didn't play this year and think there's scope for him to even become a regular.
Agree. He has got an attitude of not wanting to wait, strength, speed and a mature body. If he is good enough for AFL I would expect him to play early and if he is really good become a regular. I would be sure he has set himself to go past all the other 1st, 2nd , 3rd and 4th years who are outside best 22 and claim his spot ASAP.

Agree. He has got an attitude of not wanting to wait, strength, speed and a mature body. If he is good enough for AFL I would expect him to play early and if he is really good become a regular. I would be sure he has set himself to go past all the other 1st, 2nd , 3rd and 4th years who are outside best 22 and claim his spot ASAP.
That's the attitude we want in our youngsters.

That's the attitude we want in our youngsters.
I cant recall a 1st year player speaking as well as he has. He is already like a seasoned pro. He looks like the type who could seemessly fit in as a role player and develop into something better than that. He sort of reminds me of Drew Banfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cant recall a 1st year player speaking as well as he has. He is already like a seasoned pro. He looks like the type who could seemessly fit in as a role player and develop into something better than that. He sort of reminds me of Drew Banfield

His professionalism is Pendlebury-like.

If he's composed on the field we have a big winner

Be interesting if his very left foot reliance is exposed by tacklers at afl level
Also seems to have a bit of a slow wind up in his kicking action which might leave him vulnerable to tacklers

I hope he is a star, but seems like we are getting a bit ahead of ourselves.

An 18 yo who talks well means very little. At 18 you don't even know what you are talking about.

Based on our coaches methods so far, I'd not expect him to play seniors unless he is really proving himself to be ready in the VFL.

I'd also be surprised if he overtakes our multiple back flankers for that spot.

An 18 yo who talks well means very little. At 18 you don't even know what you are talking about.

Based on our coaches methods so far, I'd not expect him to play seniors unless he is really proving himself to be ready in the VFL.

Negativity! I've seen enough he's clearly a 10 flag player;).

Love his settled approach, I find him very Tom Mitchell like in being no nonsense, cracks a smile, talks all the corporate sounding nonsense but seems to get the value out of it.

Even runs a bit like Mitchell, bloody sewing machine legs pump like there's no tomorrow. Not sure if he's the fastest over 100m but seems zippy enough in the packs.

Negativity! I've seen enough he's clearly a 10 flag player;).

Love his settled approach, I find him very Tom Mitchell like in being no nonsense, cracks a smile, talks all the corporate sounding nonsense but seems to get the value out of it.

Even runs a bit like Mitchell, bloody sewing machine legs pump like there's no tomorrow. Not sure if he's the fastest over 100m but seems zippy enough in the packs.

Apparently he won the 10m sprint session a couple of weeks ago. Sure he's trying to impress and others may not need to, but that's mighty impressive against mature professionals.

Apparently he won the 10m sprint session a couple of weeks ago. Sure he's trying to impress and others may not need to, but that's mighty impressive against mature professionals.
Agree. He has all the attributes to succeed. Couldn't ask for more at this stage. Can't wait to see him in action.

Agree. He has all the attributes to succeed. Couldn't ask for more at this stage. Can't wait to see him in action.
Yep. Pace, coordination, desire. All look to be at a very high level. Game sense and speed of mind are the unknowns.

I cant recall a 1st year player speaking as well as he has.

Nobody would admit it now …

… but Jayden Stephenson was as articulate and confident speaker as there’s been in the AFL (even if some of the things that came out of his mouth were a tad controversial to say the least)

Nobody would admit it now …

… but Jayden Stephenson was as articulate and confident speaker as there’s been in the AFL (even if some of the things that came out of his mouth were a tad controversial to say the least)
Early nomination for post of the year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back