Remove this Banner Ad

gareth36

Team Captain
Dec 12, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
new orleans saints,philly eagles,
There was a thread for this a while back but i cant find a search button and it might not have been brought over from the old bigfooty.

Anyway ill start it off down in werribee there is an old abandoned hospital and all the cromers and junkies go down there and get high there have been rumors that its haunted by some of the old patients.

And its aslo rumored to be haunted by people who have suposedley been killed in there since it has been abandoned ( though i dont know if it is 100 percent fact or not) any way i have heard of a couple of people that have been in there.

me im not game enough to go in there not because im scared of ghosts but because i dont particularly want to get killed or raped by a junkie and the place is full of asbestos.

So what are your stories of haunted houses/places or supposed haunted houses/ places.

And if you have evidence to support your stories or theories of haunted houses/places even better

me im not game enough to go in there not because im scared of ghosts but because i dont particularly want to get killed or raped by a junkie and the place is full of asbestos.

Yeah don't blame you mate, add used syringes to that list and it doesn't sound like much of a picnic.

I went to Norfolk Island once, for those that don't know it's meant to be a world renowned hotspot for ghosts. The ghosts being the convicts that lived and died under the reign of some of the most notorious prison wardens known to man.

As much as I dislike to admit it, when going through the prison I felt really cold all of a sudden, very cliché I know. Being the sceptic I am I still put it down psychosomatics . I dunno really.

Not too sure on it all, but I think there might be something in what Japanese culture says about intense energy being left in a certain spot after a particularly evil event, murder etc. That's at least a little more "scientific"

Not too sure on it all, but I think there might be something in what Japanese culture says about intense energy being left in a certain spot after a particularly evil event, murder etc. That's at least a little more "scientific"

How do you collate that with most people like you only feel it when its your kind that's been massacred? All over Australia there's places where mass murder and genocide has been committed. But none of the new age paranormal ghost hunter people can sense those spots.Some people say because its very hard to find the information out where the British slaughtered Aboriginals.

But after Reading on the internet norfolk island has ghosts, all of a sudden after paying to go on a ghost tour.............wink wink.

How do you collate that with most people like you only feel it when its your kind that's been massacred? All over Australia there's places where mass murder and genocide has been committed. But none of the new age paranormal ghost hunter people can sense those spots.Some people say because its very hard to find the information out where the British slaughtered Aboriginals.

But after Reading on the internet norfolk island has ghosts, all of a sudden after paying to go on a ghost tour.............wink wink.

Huh? What are you trying to convince me of? I said in my post I was a sceptic and put the event down to my mind playing tricks on me.

And I read about ghosts on Norfolk Island prior to going there? And paid for a ghost tour? News to me...

And I read about ghosts on Norfolk Island prior to going there? And paid for a ghost tour? News to me...
Ever seen that room on rottnest island that sometimes 40 aboriginals would be locked up in? people like you never sense anything. The gladstone gaol has a similar room where similar despicable events took place and your type never sense nothing but have all these stories where the whites were. by your type i mien those who think norfolk island is a world renowned hotspot
Y
I went to Norfolk Island once, for those that don't know it's meant to be a world renowned hotspot for ghosts. The ghosts being the convicts that lived and died under the reign of some of the most notorious prison wardens known to man.

That type of people disgust me, especially the ones who in other forms of thier 'hobby" claim to pass on messages from the dead to desperate people.

Swear i saw something on a freezing cold, foggy night on a Port Arthur ghost tour. Also went to Akiohagara forest (not actually into it just to the carpark basically) and it has an intense energy, i had read about it prior to going to there so thatm ay have influenced me
My late Gran was a highly pragmatic old bird and she got the creeps at Port Arthur. Alcatraz Prison freaked me out a little me bit.

My late Gran was a highly pragmatic old bird and she got the creeps at Port Arthur.

During the war there was a treaty between the aboriginals and the British army, during one of discussions the British murdered the the aboriginal party. This lead to death of countless women and children. This would leave a 'different energy".:D

Ever seen that room on rottnest island that sometimes 40 aboriginals would be locked up in? people like you never sense anything. The gladstone gaol has a similar room where similar despicable events took place and your type never sense nothing but have all these stories where the whites were. by your type i mien those who think norfolk island is a world renowned hotspot

That type of people disgust me, especially the ones who in other forms of thier 'hobby" claim to pass on messages from the dead to desperate people.

Nailed it :rolleyes:

The chapel at Fairbridge farm in Pinjarra is the only place I can think of which has genuinely spooked me.

Went to Fairbridge on a school camp more than a decade ago and a group of us snuck down there at night and it scared the s**t out of us. Vividly recall it having a really really eerie feeling at night. Possibly doesn't help that it has been the venue for about ever screwed up thing you can imagine over the last century.

Funnily enough, I googled some photographs of it for this post, and one of them came from a blog with someone basically saying exactly the same thing- that they went there on a school camp and it spooked them lots.
2979619-Chapel_Pinjarra.jpg

i
chapel.jpg

myplaceintime-7015.jpg

If you are into that sort of thing and in WA, it is well worth a trip- looks like a really pretty building in a beautiful setting, but it really does have an unpleasant feeling when you go in there. Hard to describe the feeling without sounding like a complete wacko, I just remember going in there aged 13 or 14 with some friends at night and really really not wanting to stay there. Certainly the most 'paranormal' feeling I've ever had.

Macquarie Arms Hotel in Windsor, NSW. A friend worked there and told me all sorts of stories about her working back after closing and being scared witless. They also do a ghost tour around the area, place was built in 1815 so it has history. Something about a little girl who died, and still protects the place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went on the Launceston Ghost Tour in 2002, and they took us around the back of a house which was for sale and had a haunted history. They told us (a group of about 10-12 people) that if we looked through a certain window, there was a possibility a woman who used to live in the house may appear before us sitting in a rocking chair, as previous people on the tour had claimed to have seen her. Nobody saw her that night, but I was tempted to go back the next day and sneak around the back of the house and peak in the window. Even though it was broad daylight, I couldn't make myself do it. The thought that I might see her and probably faint, with nobody knowing where I was, was enough to make me think twice.
I went back on the Launceston ghost tour in 2010, but they weren't showing that particular house anymore. We did walk to another main street in the city and there is one house which used to have a haunted history but in 2010 it now was a regular residence. The new tenants have kept the door painted red, which was done many years ago as red is meant to ward off evil spirits from your house.

img220.jpg

The chapel at Fairbridge farm in Pinjarra is the only place I can think of which has genuinely spooked me.

Went to Fairbridge on a school camp more than a decade ago and a group of us snuck down there at night and it scared the s**t out of us. Vividly recall it having a really really eerie feeling at night. Possibly doesn't help that it has been the venue for about ever screwed up thing you can imagine over the last century.

Funnily enough, I googled some photographs of it for this post, and one of them came from a blog with someone basically saying exactly the same thing- that they went there on a school camp and it spooked them lots.
2979619-Chapel_Pinjarra.jpg

i
chapel.jpg

myplaceintime-7015.jpg

If you are into that sort of thing and in WA, it is well worth a trip- looks like a really pretty building in a beautiful setting, but it really does have an unpleasant feeling when you go in there. Hard to describe the feeling without sounding like a complete wacko, I just remember going in there aged 13 or 14 with some friends at night and really really not wanting to stay there. Certainly the most 'paranormal' feeling I've ever had.
To me that 2nd picture makes it look eerie, it's in sunlight but there's the feeling of isolation surrounding it, the shrubs and forest double the effects.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back