Society & Culture Rask's nephew is a ****head thread (and all things crap housemates). HE'S GONE

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rask Id keep one eye open tonight and check everything around the house you don't want him stealing anything at the last minute

* it, kick him out now and tell him he's not welcome back

I'm wondering if he's seen this thread (i.e. seen Rask on the site over the past 12 weeks) and the joke was a response to it?

The real joke is the pension comment. After a few more ScoMo's cycle through, no one his age will be getting a pension

Oh yeah.

I lived in a share house while I was at Uni and we had a rotating cycle of housemates. Most were great people.....but then there was Peter.

Peter was not violent or crazy or unhygenic. He was just.........weird.

* He was one of those housemates who liked to hide in his room all the time, and he studied/Uni'd at odd hours, so it wasn't very common to actually see him. When you did run into him, he'd look shocked and would just stand there awkwardly for a minute before scurrying off to his room.

* Since we never saw him, he'd communicate by leaving little Post-It Notes all over the house. You'd wake up in the morning and find a poo in the toilet, and a Post It Note on the wall "I didn't know whether to flush or not because I thought it might wake you up" and strange stuff like that.

* He'd have people come over, they'd all go into his room......and there'd be absolute silence. No music, no talking, no laughing....not even sex noises. Absolute dead silence.

* One day we found a supermarket bag full of animal hair outside his room. Just a bag filled with nothing but animal hair. We started joking that he spent his nights secretly kidnapping and shaving cats.

* He wrecked about 4 cars in 18 months...... You'd come home and there'd be another crashed car sitting in the driveway. He had European cars so it would take him ages to find a dealer to come and pick it up. At one point the entire driveway was blocked by a series of his ruined cars.

* He didn't tell us he was moving out. It was only by sheer chance that I came home early one day and found him loading stuff into a van. I think he had already put some Post-It Notes up to let us know.

I'd say in total I lived with around 20 different people over my years at Uni. But nobody was even close to being as 'memorable' as Peter.....

Thankful to not have any stories anywhere near what I see in this thread. The only thing I don't get is my roommate keeps putting plastic bags in the recycling bin even after I've told them not to like 50 times... Was there ever a time where the stupid plastic bags you put fruit/vegies in were recycling bin-able? I don't understand it.

Thankful to not have any stories anywhere near what I see in this thread. The only thing I don't get is my roommate keeps putting plastic bags in the recycling bin even after I've told them not to like 50 times... Was there ever a time where the stupid plastic bags you put fruit/vegies in were recycling bin-able? I don't understand it.

I had neighbours do that with putting plastic bags, (maybe with recycling in the bag into) into other people's bins - they did it once with my bin and of course there's a sticker placed on it that day with a warning about incorrect items in the bin and it could mean not being emptied in the future

Had to speak to them about it, and it was all, "oh, didn't know plastic bags weren't recyclable" - this was only a couple of years ago, so surely not that hard to Google if you don't know

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pZNp_M.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back