Optus is the ars*hole of ISP's

Remove this Banner Ad

You think the PIR will ever contradict the media statement? Never
Probably about as reliable as an old guy on the internet with (allegedy) some random certs, but I guess we'll see.

It's Optus not "Bobs's Internet and Dry-Cleaning Company", if it's a hack it's going to get out, especially when the nation's biggest media network is linked to the major competitor.

Probably about as reliable as an old guy on the internet with (allegedy) some random certs, but I guess we'll see.

It's Optus not "Bobs's Internet and Dry-Cleaning Company", if it's a hack it's going to get out, especially when the nation's biggest media network is linked to the major competitor.
It will get out but not in your PIR it wont. Probably works its way out in the same way as Epsteins flight list and what not.

It will get out but not in your PIR it wont. Probably works its way out in the same way as Epsteins flight list and what not.
This is apparently the inside word, I'm sure you can use your certs to analyse it ;)

"The suspected root cause of the issue lies with the route reflectors, which are currently handling an excessive number of routes, leading to session shutdown and a complete traffic halt. Our on-site technician is actively prioritising establishing a console connection. Rest assured that said technician is also being provided additional technical support remotely."

This is apparently the inside word, I'm sure you can use your certs to analyse it ;)

"The suspected root cause of the issue lies with the route reflectors, which are currently handling an excessive number of routes, leading to session shutdown and a complete traffic halt. Our on-site technician is actively prioritising establishing a console connection. Rest assured that said technician is also being provided additional technical support remotely."
WTF are you on about Its EXACTLY what i said the problem was. Port exhaustion/too many connections smashing the network

So either Optus got 1 million new customers overnight or something else happened

Stupid long outage now. You can just imagine the shouting and carrying on now. Assuming they can actually get an incident bridge going 🤣
They've probably had to send a bunch of peons to the nearest Telstra shop and buy 4/5G dongles!
Are you currently sitting in a café with working Wi-Fi? Have a look around. Some of the other customers might be Optus execs.

My bet on the root cause is a poorly documented and implemented change that failed and was only partially rolled back. The poor documentation leading to it being overlooked for hours. Like updating the firmware on core switches used in their backbone

Sounds suspiciously like Gladys Berejiklian government policy has found it's way to Optus.

I hope she's not using her product at the gun club.

WTF are you on about Its EXACTLY what i said the problem was. Port exhaustion/too many connections smashing the network

So either Optus got 1 million new customers overnight or something else happened
You said the problem was it's a hack, then that it was a hack because only hacks take this long to fix, then that a spike would cause a degradation and not an outage, and that a routing issue fix wouldn't be gradual..........

What packet of cereal did you get your "certs" in?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You said the problem was it's a hack, then that it was a hack because only hacks take this long to fix, then that a spike would cause a degradation and not an outage, and that a routing issue fix wouldn't be gradual..........

What packet of cereal did you get your "certs" in?
Well im right in all of that...

It wasnt a telecommunications gear issue, it wasnt degradation and it wasnt a routing issue as connections were being established and they are not using propogation to fix the issue and are consoling in instead (console on to remove something...)

It literally says my 2nd post was the cause and that is port exhaustion

Ports dont get exhaused without a hack in telecommunications. Can get a Cert 2 in IT at Tafe to figure that one out if you need one

My work phone's been back for about an hour.
Personal phone just came back

(Inner Melbourne / CBD)

Telstra seems to be more reliable
Their mobile coverage also seems better especially in regional areas where Optus is hopeless once out of urban areas.

I can no longer tolerate Optus unreliability- is it relatively simple to switch providers? Given its telecommunications related I expect it to be a shambolic nightmare but anyone with experience in moving to Telstra interested in experiences

Well im right in all of that...

It wasnt a telecommunications gear issue, it wasnt degradation and it wasnt a routing issue as connections were being established and they are not using propogation to fix the issue and are consoling in instead (console on to remove something...)

It literally says my 2nd post was the cause and that is port exhaustion

Ports dont get exhaused without a hack in telecommunications. Can get a Cert 2 in IT at Tafe to figure that one out if you need one
Better go tell Facebook to do their Cert 2

Telstra seems to be more reliable
Their mobile coverage also seems better especially in regional areas where Optus is hopeless once out of urban areas.

I can no longer tolerate Optus unreliability- is it relatively simple to switch providers? Given its telecommunications related I expect it to be a shambolic nightmare but anyone with experience in moving to Telstra interested in experiences

That’s why I ditched Optus for mobile a long time ago, just couldn’t be relied on in regional areas.

It depends if you have a contract, if you don’t it’s not too difficult and Telstra will be happy to make it happen!

But I do have Optus for home Internet as it’s cheaper, someone mentioned turning on and off, that’s what I had to do to restore service when I got home as it was still off despite a message hours earlier saying it was restored.

Somewhere within Optus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back